Space Grey Sport with other bands [MERGED]

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by abluehaze, Apr 9, 2015.

1. sam2428 macrumors 6502

Haha, yea I was just messing with you #.

I personally didn't try it but I'm sure any of the leather loops would go will with the silver aluminum. Black or blue would be my choice.

2. shayanhooshmand macrumors member

I say leather loop. The connector piece on the buckle is SS and it's mismatched with the aluminum.

3. BMox macrumors 6502a

Only the outer edging of it.

4. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

The leather loops look amazing! I sure wish they made one this style without the leather, for those of us who are vegetarian or vegan.

5. leeingham macrumors 6502

If anyone has any real life shots of this I would love it as this is what I have a) ordered and b) wear all the time. I pretty much won't wear the black one

Attached Files:

6. co.ag.2005 macrumors 68020

co.ag.2005

This is the combo I want to end up using (see my avatar ;)). But they didn't have any of the green bands (or blue) at my try on demo. Just the white and black sport bands (white with the 38mm aluminum watch and black with the 42mm SG aluminum watch).

7. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

That looks surprisingly good!

8. ipadoxca macrumors regular

I agree with you I ended up ordering the black loop but now I have a June wait time

9. linkgx1 macrumors 68000

my eyes! Lack of fashion in this thread....it's like clash of the titans!

10. ipadoxca macrumors regular

Their is just so many combinations that reflect many people's Tastes.

11. parallax33 macrumors regular

Here you go...

Attached Files:

12. linkgx1 macrumors 68000

But why is the 'T' capital?:p

13. justinthesommer macrumors regular

justinthesommer

Thanks for posting this. I was hoping to find an image of this. I am considering the black leather with the sport gray.

14. wur10 macrumors newbie

Wow, the space gray sport with the blue leather loop looks great! Almost makes me want to cancel my stainless order.

15. cknibbs macrumors regular

I am pretty sure each of the sports bands come with 1.5 bands. You can correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression you got one piece of half the band, and 2 of the other half at different lengths.

Also I would love to see what the space grey watch looks like with the darker brown leather loop and the black leather buckle... if anyone has a chance! I am almost 100% settled on ordering a black leather loop later.

16. WeemanWise macrumors 6502

WeemanWise

That's the combo I think I am going to end up with.

I was going to just get the Blue sport band, but after seeing the blue leather loop in person and trying it on I think I'm going to opt for that instead. I also kinda like the feel of the Milanese loop, although my wallet would probably hate me if I bought two $149 bands.

17. olej24 macrumors newbie

The band doesn't look like it fits properly. Was that a 38mm strap with a 42mm watch?

18. leeingham macrumors 6502

Yeah ditto - just black and white for me which is why I've ordered a green at the same time

19. metacove1 macrumors member

Wow. I REALLY like that. This is what I ordered. This is the best pic I've seen at high quality in good lighting.

It isn't as classy as the SS w/ Malinese for sure. I think it has a nice classy industrial look though. It's also quite a bit cheaper than SS + Malinese + Sport Band.

Thanks for posting those!

20. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I'm somewhat conflicted - although I'm vegetarian, I do own a number of leather products. I obviously would rather not, but for things like shoes and car interiors there are rarely any alternatives which aren't either incredibly expensive or incredibly inferior.

I love the leather loop band but would wonder whether I'd prefer a synthetic band.

Do we know the source for Apple's leather?

21. ggab macrumors member

Poor defenseless cows!! :eek:

22. Stokkes macrumors member

I originally bought the SG Apple Watch Sport and the band I really wanted was the Milanese loop.

After going to my try on appointment, the Apple Store employee graciously let me mix and match any band with any watch. When I asked her to try on the SG with Mileanese Loop, I saw her flinch. She was polite and didn't say anything at first. When I put it on, I flinched a bit too. I think seeing my reaction, she said "Yeah, it clashes and not in a good way". She then brought a few colleagues over (all women) and they all said the SG with Milanese was a "Fashion Trainwreck".

I tend to agree. In fact, any band made for the SS (with the exception of the Black link, which cannot be purchased separately) looks gaudy on an SG Sport. On the aluminum sport, they match so much more. Personally I am not a fan of the aluminum sport, so I ended up pre-ordering a SS with black sport band. I'll keep both pre-orders though.

Take it with a grain a salt, but 3 women working at the Apple Store all said the SG With Mileanese was a fashion faux-pas. Kind of like the old Casio calculator watches.

23. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

It seems like all stores only got 38mm white sport watches and no other silver colors or sizes.

24. jonhoy macrumors member

I'm not even considering Apple's offerings for my SG Sport. I'd much rather get a 3rd-party adapter that matches the finish of the case with a brown, black, or even navy blue leather band. Not to mention the absurd difference in price.

25. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

Mmmmm steak sounds nice now :rolleyes: