Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TBONE72

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Got the red Spigen Neo Hybrid for my iPhone 6. Unfortunately it seems that their buttons don't quite match up with the phone's. Anyone else having a hard time with the buttons, both volume and sleep/wake?

Poob Bubes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2007
Email them and request this:
db86af312528332ac4ca1c552bbe6262.jpg

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
I have the same case and same issue.

I just logged on to specifically look for anyone else with this issue.

Glad I am not alone. :)

pk0

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2009
Where did you guys get yours? I got mine from Amazon and it came with those pads pre-installed. I have zero issues with buttons.

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
Mine also came from Amazon and they did not have them.

Where did you guys get yours? I got mine from Amazon and it came with those pads pre-installed. I have zero issues with buttons.

Don't like these inconsistencies. I was planning on ordering one from Amazon. So it Spigen providing them for free if your case did not come with one?

deleon

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2010
Feels better that others are having this problem. I tried adjusting it and it still doesn't feel work. So I emailed them and let's see if they send those stabilizers.

I also ordered from Amazon and they did not have them installed.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
yup...me too, any know how to take this thing off?

you can slide the rubber and wrap off from the bottom.

I used a small piece of foam (it was some sort of bumper and had adhesive on one side) that I cut down to fit. I was more concerned with the power button than the volume button. Therefore, I only did the one button.

wolve

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
Just got an e-mail from Spigen about them sending the button stabilizers for all Amazon orders. I sort of feel bad for everyone about "Spigengate", but at least the company is taking care of this issue.

Attachments

• spigenemail.jpg
    spigenemail.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 936

JayMosEnvied

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2010
I think this is why they took awhile to send my case. I ordered last week Friday and was supposed to be delivered today. Probably realized the buttons don't work and tried to fix things before they start shipping out.

wxnats

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
Northern Virginia
Just got an e-mail from Spigen about them sending the button stabilizers for all Amazon orders. I sort of feel bad for everyone about "Spigengate", but at least the company is taking care of this issue.

Just got the same email. It's great that they are fixing this. People need to calm down.

clads01

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2010
I guess that's what they get for trying to jump the gun and make cases based on unofficial specs/data. I have my case but not the phone yet, so curious how the fit really is. Is this a good fix or should we request revised cases? I assume they will change their design to address this issue without the added pads moving forward.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Anyone else concerned about how slippery the plastic is on these? Very slick.

chhhrrriiisss

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
Connecticut
I got an email from them tonight saying they were shipping a new part to fix this problem to everyone who ordered.

Kinda disappointed that I haven't received any of my cases I ordered from them over a week ago. And no tracking for one of the shipments yet either. :/

kae0003

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2012
World
I have a Neo Hybrid and a Neo Hybrid Metal, of which neither worked very well. I received their email about the pieces, but I didn't want to wait for those to take their time to come in, not did I want to pay for an overprices crap case locally.

I decided to make a quick trip to target and purchase some craft foam pieces for cheap, which for me came in the same of alphabet letters like these:
AC133098l.jpg

All you need to do is to cut 2 straight pieces, one long one short, to fit over both the volume buttons and the power button and stick them onto the inside case. The case now works perfect. This is essentially what they are sending us, but instead of waiting days/weeks, you get a functions case now for cheap.

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
Haven't gotten any email but ordered the case yesterday. Wil see if I hear something by Monday. If not, I'll email. Mo can get the buttons to work but they're not responsive at all.

TheLoneWolf527

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2014
Some of the reviews on Amazon are saying other parts of the case aren't that good, is this true? Because mine's expected to come tomorrow and if it's bad, I'll return it without even opening it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.