SPRINT iPhone 5 PRE-ORDER thread!!

apadden

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Interesting. Someone on another forum noticed something interesting.

If you check on the order number sent to you in Sprint's confirmation email it will tell you that your order is processing and that you will receive your phone.. xyz.

However, if you go into your account, under order history, the order will have a different order number. If you use that order number it pulls up a different status.

Mine says:

Status: The equipment has shipped and/or the activation is complete
Where is "Order History" on the Sprint website?

apadden

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Check under your billing detail. On the right hand of the screen youll see a list of items. Order history is among them.
I'm sorry. I can't find it. Could you do a step-by-step from the main page?

----------

Check under your billing detail. On the right hand of the screen youll see a list of items. Order history is among them.
Nevermind. Got it! Thanks!

dannyhex

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
NY
very true

the two different order numbers do produce different results. The one in the email like the above couple posts said does say blah blah blah keep checking for tracking number. And the one on the my order history says shipped/ activation complete.

JokerElite

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
New Jersey
This is due to Sprint.com not working properly. Chat in and they will provide you the proper order number. Visit Sprint.com/MyOrder and click to chat. Provide them the DM60 and ask for the correct order number to track your order. The DM60 won't show the correct status as it is an internal order number.
Okay thanks!

apadden

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Why did Sprint charge for the phone bill and not to pay for the device?

My credit card was charged to pay my phone bill instead of paying for the iPhone 5 pre-order. Did that happen to anyone else? Do you think it'll void my order?

agitoTech

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2012
My credit card was charged to pay my phone bill instead of paying for the iPhone 5 pre-order. Did that happen to anyone else? Do you think it'll void my order?
Yeah, they did that to me too... I like that it shows that they owe me some money for once. :)

It's just the way Sprint processes their account transactions.

slrml617

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2011
yea. it's normal. as long as you have a confirmation number and you can check the status you should be fine.

TableSyrup

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2012
Yeah, mine shows backorder also....

Kind of a bummer... ordered before the 2pm cutoff that says I would receive it on or around the 21st....

Play the waiting game I guess.... not the end of the world

apadden

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Yeah, they did that to me too... I like that it shows that they owe me some money for once. :)

It's just the way Sprint processes their account transactions.
But it's weird because the phone came out to $262 and change but they only paid $250 of my phone bill. >.>

----------

yea. it's normal. as long as you have a confirmation number and you can check the status you should be fine.
It's weird though because they only paid $250 on my bill when the phone came out to $262 and change.

Youknowitsme

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2012
I want it!

My status is

Description Qty. Order Date Tracking # IPHONE 5 BLACK 16GB 1 2012-09-14
Status: Thank you for pre-ordering the 16G iPhone 5. You are one step closer to getting your phone. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Pre-orders placed through 2 pm CT on 9/14 will arrive on or around 9/21. Orders placed after 2 pm CT on 9/14 will ship in 2 weeks. For questions, visit sprint.com/preorder.

IPHONE 5 BLACK 32GB 1 2012-09-14
Status: Thank you for pre-ordering the 32G iPhone 5. You are one step closer to getting your phone. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Your device will arrive on or around September 21. For questions, visit sprint.com/preorder.

I would feel better with a tracking number. :(

flipn0tic

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Yeah, mine shows backorder also....

Kind of a bummer... ordered before the 2pm cutoff that says I would receive it on or around the 21st....

Play the waiting game I guess.... not the end of the world
I was told over the phone that the backorder message is typical for preorders and that nothing was wrong with my pre-2PM preorder. Take that for what it's worth.

Youknowitsme

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2012
I was told over the phone that the backorder message is typical for preorders and that nothing was wrong with my pre-2PM preorder. Take that for what it's worth.
I can't imagine managing all the information for all the preorders. Someone has to make sure that everything is correct. Im glad its not me.

wongulous

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2002
My acct has an erroneous payment on it, too. But here's the weird part... I made two orders (and paid twice), but there is only one payment on my account bill. And, the item was 399 (64gig) each time, and the order total like 438 with tax each time, but the bill payment on my account is 427. I even called CS and printed off a payment history and both confirmed it just shows as a standard CC payment for 427, just one. Plus my card has only been charged for my two iPhone orders in the amount of 438 each, no 427 or third charge anywhere.

Bank error in my favor? :D

Youknowitsme

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2012
My acct has an erroneous payment on it, too. But here's the weird part... I made two orders (and paid twice), but there is only one payment on my account bill. And, the item was 399 (64gig) each time, and the order total like 438 with tax each time, but the bill payment on my account is 427. I even called CS and printed off a payment history and both confirmed it just shows as a standard CC payment for 427, just one. Plus my card has only been charged for my two iPhone orders in the amount of 438 each, no 427 or third charge anywhere.

Bank error in my favor? :D
Everything will be fixed once they ship

TOOFY

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Long Awhlandddd, NY
www.facebook.com
Well I am happy to be a new Sprint customer. I am not to worried about data speeds as I am very aware of their crappy 3G speeds around my area. I am normally around WiFi most of the time anyways. I payed to cancel my contract with AT&T and to be honest the main reason was because of the FaceTime over 3G thing. That was just pure evil from their side.

Hope Sprint is better!

P.S. My order is in and its been processed, just waiting on tracking #

Ran7

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
Verizon unlocks iPhone's for new accounts faster than Sprint does so I hope that wasn't a diss to Verizon. Sprint makes accounts be in good standing for at least 90 days whereas Verizon only requires 60 days.

And in many instances Verizon is the same if not cheaper than Sprint, it all depends on your plan.
Verizon unlocks iPhone's for new accounts faster than Sprint does so I hope that wasn't a diss to Verizon. Sprint makes accounts be in good standing for at least 90 days whereas Verizon only requires 60 days.

And in many instances Verizon is the same if not cheaper than Sprint, it all depends on your plan.
No. I have both. Sprint will unlock a iphone 4s the day you activate it. I have done it three times all in less than 24 hours. (verizon takes longer and will not unlock more than one phone every 10 months)

What they mean by "good standing" is new line. That is to prevent people from unlocking a phone subisdized by $450 and canceling their account making a profit even if the first bill costs $100. ($200+100 = $300 cost for a $650 phone).

And you have to really reach to claim verizon is cheaper. Straight up it is considerably more, discoutned with the same discount it is more. You have to go through some bad math to say otherwise. Sprint had better 4g last year, verizon has better 4g this year, both will maybe be the same next year. Sprint has unlimited data, I use about 4 to 5 GB per month on my four lines, verizon does not have unlimited.