Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
Agreed, they have a franchise to protect and extend. I will say with the teaser that was released. It definitely had a real Star Wars feel to it. Now hopefully the story line will back up that look and feel.
I concur.

I also believe in the importance and value in maintaining traditions. Even if it is "just a movie". I'm not a big SciFi fan, yet I do find the series entertaining.

Sometimes a little mediocre entertainment is worthwhile.

k995

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2010
Seen it, its a let down. Its a lot better as a movie then 1->3 but at the same time story wise its worse .
It seemed they put all the effort in better directing the movie and for script writing they just used bits and pieces from previous films.

For people who are vaguely aware of star wars its probably a good movie for any fan its "been there done that, FX & dialogues are nice tough" . I hope Disney does better with the rest of the franchise or this becomes like Resident Evil .

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I have my ticket and my kids and I can't wait for tomorrow.

I was one of those lucky people who helped bring down Fandango when advanced ticketing opened up :D

DavoteK

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2012
Went at midnight last night. Such a good film. Everything the prequels should have been.

I'd avoid twitter/facebook. I had a quick browse on twitter after the film last night and there's some right vindictive muppets out there. Basically looking for people that have said they have tickets to see it soon and replying with major plot points/spoilers.

If you want to maximise the enjoyment out of it, you need to go in to it without it being spoiled.

Anyway, amazing. They did a superb job.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
I think my lack of enthusiasm will serve me well, from what I've read online it confirms a few things I felt from the small amount of footage online. As of this time tomorrow, I will see it and be either beaming or yawning.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
All in all, it looks like this is going to be a good movie year, in terms of sci-fi/cult movies.

Star Wars.
Star Trek.
Independence Day.
Ghostbusters.

I believe a new movie in the Marvel universe is also coming out. So this winter and summer season is looking to be good as far as movies go.

BL.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
All in all, it looks like this is going to be a good movie year, in terms of sci-fi/cult movies.

Star Wars.
Star Trek.
Independence Day.
Ghostbusters.

I believe a new movie in the Marvel universe is also coming out. So this winter and summer season is looking to be good as far as movies go.

BL.

Marvel has a few coming out this year.

Civil War and Dr. Strange! Can't wait for both. The MCU really heats up in 2017 with what seems like a movie a month!

Guardians 2
Thor 3
Black Panther
Spider-Man

tranceking26

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2013
I have a warning, stay off instagrams star wars account, people are spoiling it, I had part of the movie ruined like that but I still enjoyed it when I went to see it.

tranceking26

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2013
Nothing on instagram appears to have moderation, I hope I'm wrong but you always seem to have some wiseguy spoil it on every star wars post. I feel sorry for those who may have had this happen, coz it certainly affected me the other day.

My new warning: Avoid social media till you see the film!

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
If you happen to see spoilers....

yoda-learn.gif

Reactions: tranceking26

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Yep. Gotta get tickets for the week-end, way earlier than I initially thought. I'm not even that hyped for it, but since I do want to see it in the theater: going in spoiler free is so much better (and so hard to accomplish).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.