Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ValerieDurden

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
fnvfxs.jpg

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012

Whoaaaa! I never saw that one coming. Man that's really too bad! I really hope a solid developer picks up the development of this amazing package. One of the reasons I jailbreak along with BiteSMS, CallBar, SwipeSelection and Flux. Oh man this is sad news.

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
the latest version in cydia removed the LTE toggle and then reset my toggle prefs. haha, what is going on with this app?

LTE toggle hasn't been removed: set Settings>NCSettings>Data to 3G/LTE (default is 2G/3G) then you'll notice the 3G toggle changes to LTE.

----------

iPhone 5. Doesn't work for me, either. Irony--the old version let me toggle between LTE and Edge, which is actually what I want. Now it's all broken.

Have you tried setting the Data setting in the NCSettings menu to 2G/LTE?

Cancelled
Oct 19, 2011
LTE toggle hasn't been removed: set Settings>NCSettings>Data to 3G/LTE (default is 2G/3G) then you'll notice the 3G toggle changes to LTE.

How do u do this?? I see no where to do this. There are no data settings under the settings for NCsettings. I'm stuck with a broken 3G toggle

mrmister

Suspended
Dec 19, 2008
I'm in the same boat—I have no data categories in the Settings app under NCSettings. It just doesn't work for me. I presume it is because my carrier doesn't allow that—though why we listen to our carrier when we're JBing, I have no idea.

Either way, it simply isn't working for me anymore. I am extremely bummed, as this was an amazing tweak. Frankly, I think the developer is a douchebag if he's really going to just suddenly drop it like that, when he knows it is popular. Did he even open-source it first?

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
How do u do this?? I see no where to do this. There are no data settings under the settings for NCsettings. I'm stuck with a broken 3G toggle

Are you on an iPhone 5?

17622FC4-F025-4A6A-9850-9BD13882D3C2-2802-0000006D6C0B83B4.jpg

You might want to try reinstalling it.

I'm in the same boat—I have no data categories in the Settings app under NCSettings. It just doesn't work for me. I presume it is because my carrier doesn't allow that—though why we listen to our carrier when we're JBing, I have no idea.

AT&T? I'm on Rogers if it matters, I didn't think any carrier would restrict people from disabling LTE though.

Cancelled
Oct 19, 2011
Are you on an iPhone 5?

You might want to try reinstalling it.

AT&T? I'm on Rogers if it matters, I didn't think any carrier would restrict people from disabling LTE though.

Yes iPhone 5. And I'm on AT&T and this is what I have. No data settings

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 66

LaZyFLiP

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2009
I'm on an iPhone 5 on AT&T. My LTE toggle was working fine on the previous 1.7 release. I just updated to 1.7.1 and now my LTE toggle is gone. I have a 3G toggle now, toggling it off turns off LTE but toggling it back on does nothing. I haven't had the Data settings option on either version.

Cancelled
Oct 19, 2011
I'm on an iPhone 5 on AT&T. My LTE toggle was working fine on the previous 1.7 release. I just updated to 1.7.1 and now my LTE toggle is gone. I have a 3G toggle now, toggling it off turns off LTE but toggling it back on does nothing. I haven't had the Data settings option on either version.

You are in the exact same boat as me!! This is annoying

mpgolfpro

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
Glad I have never updated this. I am still on 1.6.2 and it's running great. Not sure if I even want to risk updating to this "final" version.

Apollo 13

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
I don't even have a LTE connection anymore. I'm stuck on 3G now and the toggle to turn of 3G does nothing. I'm fawking pissed if he doesn't fix this...he broke my LTE.

Cancelled
Oct 19, 2011
I don't even have a LTE connection anymore. I'm stuck on 3G now and the toggle to turn of 3G does nothing. I'm fawking pissed if he doesn't fix this...he broke my LTE.

Go into ur Settings>General>Cellular. U can turn LTE back on from there by turning the Enable LTE toggle back On.. That's what I had to do too. The 3G toggle turns it off but not back on. I want 1.7 back. It was flawless. This is annoying

SolidBill

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2013
Glad I have never updated this. I am still on 1.6.2 and it's running great. Not sure if I even want to risk updating to this "final" version.

I wouldn't mess with it if 1.6.2 has everything you need. I certainly regret updating.

I've installed a 1.6.2 .deb and it's running as it was before this mess, and has everything I need. I've set NCSettings to ignore updates in Cydia, and I think I'm all set.

Apollo 13

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
Go into ur Settings>General>Cellular. U can turn LTE back on from there by turning the Enable LTE toggle back On.. That's what I had to do too. The 3G toggle turns it off but not back on. I want 1.7 back. It was flawless. This is annoying

I was about to flip the wig even more when I pressed the enable LTE toggle and it didn't do any thing. I had to press it twice for it to work.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
I had to go to back to the last version before 1.7 came out. I'm using 1.6.2 again. Everything is back to normal on my 4s. Guess ill stay on this until something changes.

LaZyFLiP

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2009
I've got a workaround working to get the LTE toggle back on my AT&T iPhone 5. I luckily hadn't updated NCSettings on my iPad so it's still running 1.7.0. I copied the entire NCSettings folder under '/var/mobile/Library/NCSettings/' from my iPad to my iPhone and then immediately rebooted. I now have an LTE toggle again. I still don't have a Data settings option under NCSettings but I'm okay with that.

McDougle

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2013
New York
I've got a workaround working to get the LTE toggle back on my AT&T iPhone 5. I luckily hadn't updated NCSettings on my iPad so it's still running 1.7.0. I copied the entire NCSettings folder under '/var/mobile/Library/NCSettings/' from my iPad to my iPhone and then immediately rebooted. I now have an LTE toggle again. I still don't have a Data settings option under NCSettings but I'm okay with that.

Any chance you could share that folder?

mrmister

Suspended
Dec 19, 2008
That was my workaround as well—I think I'm on 1.6.2, but everything works great. The 3G toggle turns off 3G and/or LTE, so it does what I want it to. What a mess. Hope someone eventually picks this up—can't believe the developer let such a promising piece just drop like that, so suddenly.

LaZyFLiP

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2009
It appears I need to have at least 5 posts before I can PM anybody. As you can tell I'm a newbie. Any chance you could PM me? I think I could receive them, just not send them as of yet. Sorry If I'm asking too much.
Ah, I didn't notice as I was posting from my iPhone. Here's the NCSettings folder zipped up. I'd suggest a reboot or respring as soon the files are overwritten.

http://cl.ly/0S2i0H253R40

McDougle

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2013
New York
Ah, I didn't notice as I was posting from my iPhone. Here's the NCSettings folder zipped up. I'd suggest a reboot or respring as soon the files are overwritten.

http://cl.ly/0S2i0H253R40

You, sir, truly are Mr. Incredible! Thanks a million. Finally working again.

Edit: And right when I finish asking you I find this on reddit. Here it is for the people that are still looking for ver. 1.7.0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/8glstgsh13e0f8x/com.jamied360.ncsettings_1.7.0_iphoneos-arm.deb
Edit2: Although, I did not try the deb file. Your folder worked just fine.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.