Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djrayz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
San Jose, CA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

So did anybody switch to the white iPhone so his autograph would show up better?

I actually switched to white...but not for the autograph. LOL.

The next person that wanted to take a pic with him had a black iPhone and Wozniak went around the Apple store looking for a silver pen so he could sign their black iPhone box.

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
If Wozniak wanted to experience the same 'thrill' as all the little people queuing up to buy, then he should have joined the queue. Pointless gesture if you play the 'do you know who I am' card to push in front.

But he didn't. He simply asked. Enough people KNEW who he was and felt something for him to do it.

I was just playing the "I know who he is" card in responding to these...

Yeah, I'm having trouble keeping to the straight and narrow here, too, rdowns. :p

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Too bad there probably weren't any women in line, maybe he would have shown off his newly acquired (or lack of) dancing skills.

Seriously! I can't believe no one asked him to dance. It seems like he's a good enough guy that he might have actually done it. Call it what you like, PR move, just plain fun, or mixing it up with the locals, this story is really cool. :)

JackTheTripper

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2008
Was there too and got a pic and signature. He signed my MSI Wind Hackintosh. Very nice guy. Chatted for about 5 minutes.

Attachments

• Woz-Sig.jpg
    Woz-Sig.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 156

Woz Beard

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2008
USA
I actually switched to white...but not for the autograph. LOL.

The next person that wanted to take a pic with him had a black iPhone and Wozniak went around the Apple store looking for a silver pen so he could sign their black iPhone box.

LOL....that was me! I have the black box with the black Sharpie signature. The silver Sharpie arrived 15 seconds later. :p

weaponofgod

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2008
NC
That’s awesome that he showed up but it makes me wonder how come we never have anyone cool show up in NC? :confused:

LOL @ you being from Winterville.
I was born in Greenville. I still go Dixie Queen whenever I come to Greenville to visit.

Oh and I can't believe that someone marked this as negative. The Woz is cool for taking part in the process.

Cameront9

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2006
If Jobs had that humbleness, Apple would be but a memory.

I agree, actually. Jobs is by all accounts an ****** (Though perhaps he has mellowed in recent years, especially after his health issues), but Woz doesn't care and doesn't let those things bother him. Woz had the idea and designed the machine, and Jobs had the business sense to know how to market it. It is the combination of the two of them that allowed the Apple ][ to take off.

For those of you hating on Woz in this thread, shame on you. Without Woz, you probably wouldn't even be posting in this forum, because the Personal Computer as we know it would either not exist or be radically different.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
For those of you hating on Woz in this thread, shame on you. Without Woz, you probably wouldn't even be posting in this forum, because the Personal Computer as we know it would either not exist or be radically different.

That's a bit much. If not Jobs/Woz, someone else would have 'stolen' XEROX's PARC. :D

Cameront9

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2006
That's a bit much. If not Jobs/Woz, someone else would have 'stolen' XEROX's PARC. :D

Given that Xerox didn't have a clue what to do with it and never really understood what they had, I would even question that.

Pixellated

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2008
Was there too and got a pic and signature. He signed my MSI Wind Hackintosh. Very nice guy. Chatted for about 5 minutes.

I once read an article saying Woz actually owns a Hackintosh, and saw on a tv show 'Click' that he has a jailbroken iPhone. He is pretty pro-hacker...

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
Looks like he is having a good time.

It's awesome that he'd hang around with everyone, signing things, shootin' the breeze, etc.

Only "problem" is, with the signed box I don't think I'd ever want to sell the phone. I'd want to keep the box and keep the phone that came in it.

Pixellated

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2008
Looks like he is having a good time.

It's awesome that he'd hang around with everyone, signing things, shootin' the breeze, etc.

Only "problem" is, with the signed box I don't think I'd ever want to sell the phone. I'd want to keep the box and keep the phone that came in it.

Very good point, it is like a collector's item now. You shouldn't use it and buy another 3GS to use! :D

JackTheTripper

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2008
I once read an article saying Woz actually owns a Hackintosh, and saw on a tv show 'Click' that he has a jailbroken iPhone. He is pretty pro-hacker...

Yes, I've read that he hacked one too but he didn't mention anything. I also heard he hacked Kathy Griffin's iPhone on her on her show in the back of a limo. (First gen, the one that could be jailbroken by visiting a site with a special image on it.)

MacLadybug

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2008
Before we bought our first Apple, my husband came home from work one day raving about some guy who came to talk to them about Wi-Max and future technology... it was Woz! Very informal meeting with tons of information. He kept going back to talking about Apple and the "Apple Concept". My husband was really impressed. That was about 5 years ago... a year later we converted to Mac. Hallelujah and Amen!

Great Guy, cool experience, nice thread. Thanks for sharing with us.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
That's awesome! Decent of Woz to show up too.

I'd love to have chatted with him!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.