Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Is that particular screen size what’s important to you? Because you can get an iPhone 7, which will have updated components, right now for $549 directly from Apple. Well within your stated price range.
I have a 7+ and would like to go smaller, so I would rather have an updated SE for that price. I was most productive on Apple’s smallest iDevices (iPhone 5 and iPad Mini 4), so I would love to see updates for both.

Thank you though.

Reactions: pratikindia

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Android club users in the survey were all drinking Mad Dog 20/20 and got confused about what OS even means.

Apple club users were drinking John Adams and writing their own survey questions while they collaborated with each other via FaceTime from their secure IOS sandbox.

Reactions: dilbert99

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Android club users in the survey were all drinking Mad Dog 20/20 and got confused about what OS even means.

Apple club users were drinking John Adams and writing their own survey questions while they collaborated with each other via FaceTime from their secure IOS sandbox.

I stuck john Adams in Google and up came the 2nd U.S president 1797.. lol I think i like this one. :)

Reactions: gixxerfool

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
More people switched to Android for "better customer service"? Seriously? Apple isn't perfect for sure but customer service from Google, Samsung, etc. is a flaming train wreck.

Koh Phi Phi

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2017
Last year I switched iOS for Android (Galaxy Note 8) for the extra features: better multi tasking, proper file system, full flexibility on my main screen layout/look, mouse compatibility, etc.

Best decision ever. Once the learning curve was done for, Android materialized as a superior OS. That was my experience at least.

The UX is less consistant and the Apps themselves are less polished than in iOS though, but the extra features listed above tilt the scale to the Android side.

Last edited:

Luciano79

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2018
1) Moving contacts from one device to the next.

Buy davdroid, using your own caldav/cardav server works very well

2) Moving apps and settings from one device to the next.

You can use Google drive. Also you have access to filesystem.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
In what world are people switching from Android to iOS for price? Apple has the most expensive phones (with the exception of the galaxy note).
People who are subsidized (via carrier, or work, or various other sources) or who take into account total cost of ownership.

alien3dx

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2017
i rather telco free and cheap.But gaming mobile iphone powervr more good gpu

BlargKing

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2014
NewBrunswick, Canada
My reason was simple. iPhones got more expensive. No way I'm ever going to spend 1000$ on a phone. Apple wants to make a decent 500$ phone, I'd be happy to give it a chance.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
No survey required. There's only one universal reason why all people switch: they're fed up.
(only to find out after the switch that the other side ain't so hot either).

Reactions: pipis2010

fourthtunz

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2002
Maine
I'm surprised Better user privacy and security isn't a category. That alone is enough reason to switch to iOS in my opinion.
Maybe because its not as visible or easier to forget?
Im sure many of us don't think of that but I do, that and how easily the iPhone integrates with my macs.
For some it all about the price..which with monthly payments the differences are negligible if you ask me.

fairuz

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2017
Silicon Valley
I'm surprised Better user privacy and security isn't a category. That alone is enough reason to switch to iOS in my opinion.
Goes to show that the people on this forum aren't in the ordinary.

If this survey is even legit. I have no idea why someone would switch to Android phones for "customer support" when it's basically nonexistent. Hard to even find community support because there are so many different models, and the OS isn't identical across them. Was such a nightmare helping my friend recover data from his Galaxy.
[doublepost=1535074159][/doublepost]
In what world are people switching from Android to iOS for price? Apple has the most expensive phones (with the exception of the galaxy note).
That's actually one reason I use an iPhone. You can get an older iPhone for less money than a high-end new Android phone (I don't count low-end cause those are trash), and it's still better. Buying an old Android phone isn't really an option. But idk if others view it this way.
[doublepost=1535074253][/doublepost]
I'm and Android guy, but who the heck moves to Android for "faster updates!?!?!"
Maybe they thought it meant that the updated software runs faster. Cause iOS updates almost always slow down the phone.

Last edited:

fourthtunz

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2002
Maine
My reason was simple. iPhones got more expensive. No way I'm ever going to spend 1000$ on a phone. Apple wants to make a decent 500$ phone, I'd be happy to give it a chance.
I don't think that is Apples target audience.
Most of us want the best iPhone and those aren't priced much higher than androids that don't integrate
with macs nearly as well. Then there are all the other things about android that I don't want.
Then when you consider the monthly payment for the best iPhone is almost the same as the best androids why
would an iphone user bother?
If you're paying cash your only route if you want an iPhone is used or the SE..
the new 6.1" LCD looks like a viable option as well.

fairuz

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2017
Silicon Valley
More people switched to Android for "better customer service"? Seriously? Apple isn't perfect for sure but customer service from Google, Samsung, etc. is a flaming train wreck.
Seriously, it's one of the best customer services, with super nice Apple stores to go with it, vs one of the worst.
[doublepost=1535074867][/doublepost]
They didn't get more expensive. They offered one extra-expensive model. But yeah $500 won't buy you an iPhone unless you get an old one like I do.

Reactions: HiRez

falainber

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2016
Wild West
In some cultures/countries even moderately expensive items (like iPhones) are treated as status symbols. So people might be buying more expensive phones just to show that they can afford them (and then some of them come to MR and make claims like "only people who can't afford iPhone buy Android phones").

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
I'm surprised there is no category for privacy, that's probably the biggest reason why I switched to Apple.

ani4ani

Cancelled
May 4, 2012
Apple does have the best customer service in the world. Check consumer reports and others.

....forgot in this case Consumer Reports is a legitimate well respected publication that is relevant and matters.
[doublepost=1535080097][/doublepost]
I’m surprised the faster software updates reason isn’t far higher, a lot of Android phone makers really drag their heals on those.

It’s probably because it matters to the 71 folks on this site, but for the rest of the planet, no one gives a ......
[doublepost=1535080391][/doublepost]
I don't think that is Apples target audience.
Most of us want the best iPhone and those aren't priced much higher than androids that don't integrate
with macs nearly as well. Then there are all the other things about android that I don't want.
Then when you consider the monthly payment for the best iPhone is almost the same as the best androids why
would an iphone user bother?
If you're paying cash your only route if you want an iPhone is used or the SE..
the new 6.1" LCD looks like a viable option as well.

Given that sales of iPhones are 10 x Mac sales, at least 9 iPhone users in 10 don’t have a Mac to integrate with, so that can’t be an issue to the vast majority

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.