Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
I think the OP forgot about us! :mad:

or maybe im just really impatient. :eek:

I didn't forget about you guys, I want to get back on my MacBook as much as you want to see more (although this G4 Cube isn't that bad since I've installed Tiger...)

Working on getting that one little problem fixed, then I can get it up and running. :eek:

Edit: Tomorrow afternoon to be specific...

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
what about making one from "carbon fiber" vinyl??

i just got mine today and im not a pro about this but here is what i made from it:

my Psp Silver Slim :D

img0114mg9.jpg

img0123ve5.jpg

what do ya think? i chose this design of carbon out of 3..

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
what about making one from "carbon fiber" vinyl??

i just got mine today and im not a pro about this but here is what i made from it:

my Psp Silver Slim :D

<images of psp>

what do ya think? i chose this design of carbon out of 3..

Looks pretty slick. Think I'd have kept it all silver though. Mind you I sold my psp a long time ago, so...

Have you thought about doing the entire thing in that vinyl? Or at least all of the back?

kymac

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2006
portland
again, not to thread jack, but thanks. and i see a gay men and a gay woman picture, but where's the normal people logo?

uhh im not sure if youre being sarcastic about thanking me.. but how the hell do you think its right to say 'normal people' when referring to heterosexuals.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Looks pretty slick. Think I'd have kept it all silver though. Mind you I sold my psp a long time ago, so...

Have you thought about doing the entire thing in that vinyl? Or at least all of the back?

it can come off with np, and it wont be sticky too :) u do need to blowdry it a little so it will fit really nice

i did but its alot of work to cut it perfectly for the circle and all..

jackiecanev2

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2007
again, not to thread jack, but thanks. and i see a gay men and a gay woman picture, but where's the normal people logo?

Apparently you haven't quite caught up to the rest of us. I'd say its just a few below "gay men" and "gay women"; look for the closest hominid. You'll see it.

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
Posting this from the worlds only Tangerine MacBook. :D

Pics, story and sutches to follow in a few hours. One hint, it looks AMAZING!

Edit: Here is a pic for you to hold you over -
img0012jb7.jpg

GUILTIE

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2008
I gotta admit I like the Orange Keys + White Inside area :( It matched the apple logo on the outside perfectly!

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
nice... too bad the frame around the screen wasn't also black... that would look great.

Get me one and I will use it! :p As far as I know, I need to buy a new display assembly to get that one bezel piece...

Would you be interested in putting those orange keys on the black case? I think that would help do away with the slightly awkward look of the all black top case.

I plan to dye the keys even darker when I get back home (at a friends house right now) and put them on the blackbook topcase. It should look good!

I gotta admit I like the Orange Keys + White Inside area :( It matched the apple logo on the outside perfectly!

The Apple Logo will be Black to match the topcase, Im getting a Color Jel that I am going to put against the back of the display, should look good!

Ill have some more pictures tomorrow (with orange keys), because this project isn't finished just yet! I am really, REALLY happy with how it looks now, and its going to be even better!

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
Wow this has definatly turned out for the better. I can't wait to see what it looks like with the orange keys on there. I've been keeping my eye on this thread and reading every post :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.