Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
One more episode until the finale. Another filler episode until the very last scene...

The implications of those final few seconds are going to boomerang something fierce.

Is it bad for me to say, I'd be perfectly okay with Paige being written out of the show? The character and storyline seem like they're stuck in neutral.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012

Hey Kazmac!

Just caught you here and haven't seen you in a while so I'm totally abusing this situation: just wanted to say that I loved Cap2: Winter Soldier! You said it like 99times but it was totally worth it.

now back on topic. :D

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
One more episode until the finale. Another filler episode until the very last scene...

The implications of those final few seconds are going to boomerang something fierce.

Is it bad for me to say, I'd be perfectly okay with Paige being written out of the show? The character and storyline seem like they're stuck in neutral.

There's a great opportunity for drama here. If next season is to be the series final (unknown), I'd find it very satisfying if Paige acts like she's ok with having spy parents, but out of left field, WAMMO, off to jail they go. :D

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Hey Kazmac!

Just caught you here and haven't seen you in a while so I'm totally abusing this situation: just wanted to say that I loved Cap2: Winter Soldier! You said it like 99times but it was totally worth it.

now back on topic. :D

Hi Twietee,

glad you liked it. Are you watching the Americans? etc.

There's a great opportunity for drama here. If next season is to be the series final (unknown), I'd find it very satisfying if Paige acts like she's ok with having spy parents, but out of left field, WAMMO, off to jail they go. :D

I suspect someone or someones are going to die horribly and if Paige points the fingers, I hope she goes down too. While I understood using an entire season to explain the kids and spies in season 2, this season while excellent, seems to be missing something.

But that's me...

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Hi Twietee,

glad you liked it. Are you watching the Americans? etc.

Nope. :D Have no clue, is it good? Wasn't following the thread just happened to see your username pop up and immediately intervened...

...but I do enjoy Homeland very much lately. Almost missed that one. Have you seen Daredevil? I read lots of good things about it.

now back to the Americans...it is about North Americans, right? ;)

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Nope. :D Have no clue, is it good? Wasn't following the thread just happened to see your username pop up and immediately intervened...

...but I do enjoy Homeland very much lately. Almost missed that one. Have you seen Daredevil? I read lots of good things about it.

now back to the Americans...it is about North Americans, right? ;)

Yup, well Russian spies posing as us anyway. :p No daredevil yet, no netflix.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
She's dead. The only question is if she gets killed or kills herself.

Alas poor Martha, we knew her well: definitely la morte.

Netflix, it'll take a Marvel series with characters not yet mentioned to get me to sign up.

Spoilers

Elizabeth is a cold blooded killer, example: Grandma. Phillip is more sensitive , he has guilt about getting sexually involved with a 15 year old, for Mother Russia (which he did'nt) and I wonder if he is the one to tidy up the Maratha situation, if he has developed any kind of feelings, not love, but just enough empathy about what he has done to her. I imagine this will effect him. You'd have to be sociopaths for it not to, even if he tells himself, they are the enemy. More likely it will be que sera staring into his beer for 15 seconds in her rememberance. :-/ I'm still hoping in the end, it's Paige that sets them up.

One more thing, if Phillip is going to kill her in her apartment, why take off his disguise in front of her? Maybe he does not want to get blood on it?

Hookemfins

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
Does anyone really think that Pastor Tim is just a Pastor? I think somehow he's a spy, just not sure for who.

THE FOLLOWING IS JUST MY WILD IDEA.

If my suspicions about Tim are correct, I think Paige gets wind of a plot against her parents by Tim. The final scene is of her in the crossfire and we wait till next season.

I think Philip had Hans kill Martha.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Does anyone really think that Pastor Tim is just a Pastor? I think somehow he's a spy, just not sure for who.

THE FOLLOWING IS JUST MY WILD IDEA.

If my suspicions about Tim are correct, I think Paige gets wind of a plot against her parents by Tim. The final scene is of her in the crossfire and we wait till next season.

I think Philip had Hans kill Martha.

About Pastor Tim, that would be a huge surprise!

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
interesting theories about Tim. There's definitely a parallel between what Tim is doing with Paige and what the Center wants.

I think Philip is an expert at telling people what they want to hear. (e.g. as he does with Kimberly to deflect her advances). I suspect he will try to convince Martha that it all makes sense, but it probably won't work and someone else will take her out (e.g. Hans).

B

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Sure would be an interesting twist with Pastor Tim.

Some Oh wow moments last night - Stan and his superior, the edict from the Centre and the last few seconds (I won't spoil but I knew that character would do what they did.)

I like that this finale was quiet as opposed to the previous seasons, but I hope the last few seconds will ultimately get rid of this character in season four. At least before the leads anyway.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I thought it was a pretty good finale overall. I was hoping to see a bit of the aftermath of the end of the penultimate episode, but at least we know there's more to come with that storyline.

The EST stuff felt a bit out of place, like it didn't really belong in the finale.

And the last few seconds, we saw it coming, but still.. :eek:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Season Finale Spoliers

Holy Freholy! Some nice turns but an underwhelming finale until the last 5 minutes! The Martha situation resolved supposedly and what I dreamed of happening, happens. Maybe we know what the next season will be about, unless Paige's parents are able to nip this new threat in the bud. Phillip's doubts about his job are intriquing. How soon before he acts on those doubts? IMO there is a strong possibility that next season will be the series finale. :)
If some unfortunate accident happens to Pastor Tim, I'll be pissed.

Last edited:

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
I thought it was a pretty good finale overall. I was hoping to see a bit of the aftermath of the end of the penultimate episode, but at least we know there's more to come with that storyline.

The EST stuff felt a bit out of place, like it didn't really belong in the finale.

disagree.. i think it was a great dialog between the two characters. One could see Philipp talking honestly to change himself for his wife, right up to the point when Stans ex-wife started mentioned "having somebody to talk to without keeping any secrets". At that point you could literally see how that sentence alone ruined the moment for Phillip and made him close up again.

great scene imho.

And the last few seconds, we saw it coming, but still.. :eek:

it sure opens up many possible plot developments for the next season.An "unfortunate accidens" of course will mean the family relationships will go nucular.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Just cranked up Season 4. I can't wait to see how Page's leak blows back on her parents. :)

Martha learns just how deep she is, and...
Pastor Tim...

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Can't wait to see where this story line goes. You'd assume he's a dead man, but they might try to turn him.

I'm caught up now with the first two episodes of Season 4. One of the best shows I'm watching. Some very interesting things going one, with Phil questioning his life, and Paige having confessed to her Mom, an accidental death for Pastor Tim seems more unlikely or it could be the spark that finally nails them as in "Mom and Dad, I'll visit you in jail..." :D

Reactions: kazmac

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
I'm caught up now with the first two episodes of Season 4. One of the best shows I'm watching. Some very interesting things going one, with Phil questioning his life, and Paige having confessed to her Mom, an accidental death for Pastor Tim seems more unlikely or it could be the spark that finally nails them as in "Mom and Dad, I'll visit you in jail..." :D

I'm going to have to catch up with this probably later this summer, I forgot the season started, what with school and all. Glad it's still sounding like it's firing all on cylinders.

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Elizabeth is trying to be so gentle with Paige while the movie title Serial Mom keeps popping into my head. ;) While Philip's conscience is getting to him. And the load of BS they fed Pastor Tim. I guess that's better than having an accident. Still waiting for Paige to send her parents to jail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.