Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Howardchief

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2008
No way. Same exact thing happened to me.

pizzatt.jpg

brilliant! hilarious! awesome.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
i absolutly hate when someone says that since THEY dont need a feature nobody else should need that feature its ur opinion and thats it nothing else i dont use email on my iphone others do nothing but email on there iphone its an opinion stop stating theses opinions as facts

Small difference.

The iphone has text messaging - MMS is enhanced texting.

The equiv would be if the iphone had email but you couldn't attached a photo to the email.

Right now you can send texts. And I think people who are suggesting that MMS isn't a big deal or that they CAN wait until it's on the iphone feel that there are alternatives at the moment. Unlike, in my example -if you can't email a picture - you can't email a picture..

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
Well for what it's worth. I was on the phone with Apple last night after being transferred from an at&t rep. I asked him about MMS and he said the latest he had heard was in August.

So who knows.

apple3g040193

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Small difference.

The iphone has text messaging - MMS is enhanced texting.

The equiv would be if the iphone had email but you couldn't attached a photo to the email.

Right now you can send texts. And I think people who are suggesting that MMS isn't a big deal or that they CAN wait until it's on the iphone feel that there are alternatives at the moment. Unlike, in my example -if you can't email a picture - you can't email a picture..

o i was just making a comparison to wat these people are saying that say mms isnt important because they dont use it i know wat mms is but thanks for clearing that up

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
I don't see what the big deal is. Is every really that worried about MMS? Is it just because other phones can do it and you can't so you're going to cry and stomp until it comes true?

Anyways... I'll try MMS out when it comes out, but I don't need it in a hurry. By the way... hopefully "Late Summer" doesn't turn into "Next Year" like Push was going to be released in September 2008.

Speaking of September... I can't wait for SNOW LEOPARD! It looks super crazy awesome! I think it's going to make my Mac Pro FLY!

There's no such word as "Anyways." ;)

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
I wonder if the story is true

BUT

The manager is having fun with iPhone fanatics he runs into by holding onto a forged document...

Think Monty Python and the Holy Grail

King Arthur: Go and tell your master that we have been charged by God with a sacred quest. If he will give us food and shelter for the night, he can join us in our quest for the Holy Grail.
French Soldier: Well, I'll ask him, but I don't think he will be very keen. Uh, he's already got one, you see.
King Arthur: What?
Sir Galahad: He said they've already got one!
King Arthur: Are you sure he's got one?
French Soldier: Oh yes, it's very nice!

Holy%20Grail%20Chuckling%20French%20Guards.preview.jpg

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
mcdj

1+ LMAO too OP the Manager must really love there pizza or be really cheap! Not sure AT&T would like the manager selling info and favors for pizza.

PhightinPhils26

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2007
Philly
Beings that my friend used to work as an assistant manager for AT&T... I have never seen a memo that went around saying stuff like this. However, the timing does seem about right, since 3.1 is showing MMS there has to be some truth to this... I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it...

mgamber

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
I wonder if the story is true

BUT

The manager is having fun with iPhone fanatics he runs into by holding onto a forged document...

Think Monty Python and the Holy Grail

King Arthur: Go and tell your master that we have been charged by God with a sacred quest. If he will give us food and shelter for the night, he can join us in our quest for the Holy Grail.
French Soldier: Well, I'll ask him, but I don't think he will be very keen. Uh, he's already got one, you see.
King Arthur: What?
Sir Galahad: He said they've already got one!
King Arthur: Are you sure he's got one?
French Soldier: Oh yes, it's very nice!

Holy%20Grail%20Chuckling%20French%20Guards.preview.jpg

I burst my pimple at you, son of a silly person!

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California
I think we will see MMS in the first week of August. I don't have anything to support this theory, but seeing that the 3.0 update was released a month ago already, AT&T is probably pretty tired of the calls asking about MMS and dealing with people trying to find ways around the block and messing with account settings and all that.

Clete2

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
USA
You know; I'm not super-excited about MMS, but it will be nice. And here is why.

I send pictures and screenshots to my dad constantly (once a day maybe) to his work e-mail from my iPhone. Unfortunately, his Blackberry cannot see the pictures, so he has to view them on the computer. I also would like to be able to send these same pictures to my mom and sisters, because they rarely check their e-mail.

I will use MMS... but I am not super-excited about it.

So to the person who said it gets old fast: It may for you, but for others it's useful in showing people things in your everyday life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.