The Dark Night Rises Thread

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rhett7660, Jul 20, 2012.

1. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I saw it. I enjoyed it and understand critics are really unhappy with it. I disagree with some things I read about there not being a plot or anything to really follow.

3. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

I saw it today. It was amazing. Best Batman movie yet. I just feel a bit sad that Nolan decided not to continue on.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Spolier!

Batman dies... ;) No really he does... those who watched it, sshhhh

5. rhett7660 thread starter macrumors G4

rhett7660

LOL...

Wait... that wasn't funny! .... :)

6. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

No way it comes remotely close to Dark Knight IMO. The whole thing seemed a little too overdone. Dark Knight was no comparison.

7. gr8whtd0pe macrumors 6502a

gr8whtd0pe

I think The Dark Knight was better, but only because Heath played the Joker so damn well.

However this one tells more of a story. It's not epic, but it's still a good movie IMO. The ending was crazy, but I want to know what happens from there. Damn you Nolan!

8. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

SPOILER!!!!

So overall, i loved the movie but there were some small things that left me head scratching.
    -don't really understand how blakes "legal name" could be robin. Im assuming that this was the first time they introduced robin so it has to be dick grayson but if i remember correctly, wasn't he in the circus?
    -bane looks alot smaller than he is in the comics, where hes a muscle head. But i mean, theres only so much make up can do so no biggie on that.
    -bruce wayne seems to tell everybody his identity in the third move.
    -not sure why his leg was busted in the beginning. was that from the fall at the end in the second film?
    -i liked hathaways version of selina kype
    -batwing was absolutely ugly
    -not sure if the bane/batman scene was supposed to be a tribute to the iconic "back breaking" scene but wayne getting over it in 3 months seems a bit unrealistic. im sure if a piece of rope and push ups could fix broken backs than alot of people would save quite a bit of money on medical bills
    -hated banes voice. wished there was closed captioning when he spoke
    -everytime i see liam neeson, i think of him killing wolves in the grey.
    -i thought talia al ghul was a supposedly a great fighter

i still loved the movie, but those were some of the little things that hit me.

9. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

What was the exact quote that Alfred said about taking a holiday every year and randomly seeing Bruce Wayne with a wife?

10. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

11. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I may go see it this weekend, not sure yet
    I'm really not that psyched from the trailers

I am much more looking forward to Skyfall (Bond) and The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey due out later this year

12. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Amazing!!! Last 30 mins are outstanding. Go watch this film.

13. ShamrockSolace macrumors member

Cannot get that 2:45 back

It was painful to me, much redo of previous movies. Got tired of sitting there after 1:30. The first two movies had plots that were not overlapping, wonder if the writers lost their material after the second movie. No deep thinking needed. Just more action and attempt for visual effects. Thought that the copter concept was lame.

14. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

hey hey personal opinion here

:rolleyes: :D ;)

I like all of them, but for me, it keeps getting better. I'm following the story, embracing myself to the story line, and after all, I'm only 17.

15. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I thoroughly enjoyed it, going to watch it in IMAX tonight. It kept with Nolans concept of a realistic superhero movie quite nicely, while still having to be enough removed from reality. There were a few issues that I spotted (in white for spoilers, highlight to read):
    -Bane wasn't that big. I get that it's got to be realistic but they could have made him a bit bigger IMO. He was played very well though.
    -When the kid got saved from the pit, it was obvious Bane was the one protecting her.
    -healing a broken back to fighting condition in such a short period of time with no surgery or meds? yeah right.

I feel The Dark Knight was a better movie than The Dark Knight Rises, but TDKR is still great in the grand scheme of things.

16. TSE macrumors 68030

I thought the Dark Knight was a better movie, just purely because of Heath Ledger's Joker. That will no doubt be one of the top three acting in a movie in my life.

I really liked the movie, I agree that the first half an hour or so doesn't really have a story, but it's not like I was bored.

Loved the way Robin was tied into the whole thing.

I loved the scenes that portrayed the whole city in chaos and corruption, specifically the court scenes with the Scarecrow as the judge.

I didn't like the copter part of the film, nor really cared for the whole Liam Neeson ghost or the way he fixes a broken back in three months.

17. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Did they actually explain that Batman doesn't have superpowers in this one?

The Dark Knight didn't explain this at all and was a really confusing movie as a result.

18. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I loved The Dark Knight. Exceptional film, and the plot was excellent.

This plot was more straightforward, but it's because it's more of a continuation of the 1st film (Batman Begins) rather than the 2nd film (The Dark Knight). The 2nd film didn't connect as well with the 1st and 3rd films, but it was excellent as a stand-alone film. :)

If you haven't seen Batman Begins before (I did 2 weeks ago), or if you've never read the comics (I haven't...), then The Dark Knight Rises isn't going to make as much sense, and the plot is going to seem thin. It IS thin, but there's back-story.

19. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

SPOILER

I saw it yesterday and I'm really confused as to the whole point of the plot.

Why did Bane need to steel money and get paid for jobs when he was planning on killing himself anyway with that weird woman ?

What was the point in letting the bomb degrade over time (5 months i think?) and take control of a city when they planned on dying with the bomb anyway? they could have just blown it up anytime since they were all going to die anyway by letting the bomb degrade and get unstable...

20. lucky518 macrumors member

I don't know why Bane needed steal money but I do know that by the letting the bomb degrade over time they were actually trying to take revenge on Batman by letting the city get destroyed since according to the movie Gotham city is described as Batman's soul.

21. ShamrockSolace macrumors member

To gain access to the fusion reactor. They needed to control Wayne Industries. They bankrupted Bruce Wayne and took control of the fusion reactor that they converted into a bomb. Drucker was the main force until they knocked him off. They knew about the reactor before that since they kidnapped the physicist that built the thing to convert it to a bomb. They really did not have to bankrupt Bruce, since the physicist should have known about it 6 months earlier.

In the first movie Raj Au Ghul was not on a suicide mission. Why the suicide mission in the third movie?

22. gr8whtd0pe macrumors 6502a

gr8whtd0pe

Exactly. She convinced Wayne to build it, and then took control of it. You think it was a big shock that Bane knew where it was to bust into it? Or the armory? It was about breaking Batman's spirit. They knew Bruce was Batman thanks to her dad. The only person he told he was Batman was Gordon, Catwoman finds out who he is from Bane.

23. northernbaldy macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

Dull :(

And what the hell is the comedy voices? Yes, we know bales batman has a perminant sore throat, but banes voice! WTF??

24. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

I think it adds to the character. Makes him sound more cocky IMO.

Lol @ the permimant sore throat. :p

25. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I have heard some suggest there should be subtitles for Banes
    Is it really that bad?