The "I have found lightning cable and adapters!" Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Dwalls90, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Dwalls90, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012

Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

EDIT: Okay, so cables are pretty common, at least at your local Apple store or carrier's store.

Going forward, let's only mention adapters, as they have yet to been spotted in the wild!

2. petethepanda macrumors member

Is there any official word on when the adapters will arrive beyond "October?" I'm holding off on selling my 4 / buying a 5 until I hear if the adapter works for my car stereo.

It's insanely weird that these wouldn't be ready for launch.

3. rbdyh macrumors newbie

Apple gave me a free one with my iPhone 5 purchase due to an inconvenience they caused me.

It was supposed to ship in mid October, I got an email on Friday (iPhone 5 release day) that it is coming Monday, currently it is in Alaska.

So if need be, order from apple.com, you'll most likely receive it quick.

4. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

Oak Brook Illinois Apple Store tonight was fully stocked with cables. No adapters though.

5. EdwardSung macrumors regular

Apple Store in Albuquerque had pretty ample stock of both on Saturday.

6. pgiannini1784 macrumors regular

Apple store in Paramus NJ had a ton of cables(and phones surprisingly) but no adapters as of Saturday morning.

7. RxMac macrumors 6502

For those of you that don't have an apple store nearby. Ordered yesterday on apple.com, already Preparing for shipment.

8. kalexn macrumors 6502

I definitely think they will come sooner than the estimated date as they always seem to estimate that it will come a lot further out than they actually do.

9. julietcc macrumors member

Do the cables come with the white square part that goes in the wall or are those sold separately? I want both for work so I don't have to carry my one and only to work.

10. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

The plug in cube is separate from the cable.

11. rbdyh macrumors newbie

The white cube you're referring to does not come with the cable. That is the power adapter. The Lightning to USB Cable is just that. For an extra wall charging set you'd need to buy both the Lightning to USB Cable & Power Adapter.

12. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

The AC adaptors from your previous iPhones/iPads will work if you have those instead of buying a new one

13. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Local Best Buy said they won't be getting any accessories aside from cases for over a month.

That store tends to usually have good quantities of accessories. I'll probably have an update in a couple days.

14. julietcc macrumors member

Thanks for the replies. I'll need to buy an extra AC adapter since this is my first Apple product.

15. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

5-6 of the lightning cables available in the Cherry Hill NJ store after I snagged one.

16. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

My local Apple store had them upon opening this morning, however they sold out before I left. An amazing amount of demand. Glad I got mine when I first entered the store instead of after browsing for some time.

17. AnthonySmith macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith

My local Best Buy said they'll have cables/chargers on the 28th.

18. cameronjpu macrumors 65816

I'm betting that after a few weeks, Apple will come to its senses and give away the plug adapters. A strong part of the Apple ecosystem is that everyone already has cables lying around and you can always count on finding what you need even when you're far from home. It's one thing to switch connectors, but I'm sure they could have simple charging adapters produced for 25 cents a pop that would avoid submarining their entire ecosystem of existing cables.

19. Dwalls90 thread starter macrumors 601

Dwalls90

20. petethepanda macrumors member

This is killing me. I'm holding off on selling my 4 / buying a 5 until the lightning-to-30pin adapter comes out and I hear that it works with the stereo in my Hyundai (or at least a similar model).

How in the hell did they not have this ready for launch?

21. SatManager macrumors 6502

SatManager

I ordered the USB to lightning cable on Saturday from the Apple store and just received an email that they are being shipped from China via FedEx. The adapter is still back ordered.

22. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Cable location update?

Any updates on this thread? Where can I find these other than Apple Stores?

Best Buy still doesn't have them in yet. (I guess someone in this thread says the 28th, so I'll see...)

And has anyone found them at Target/Walmart/Elsewhere?

23. Agile55 macrumors regular

Agile55

Not good Brown, was hoping your update inquiry would generate some good news.

24. Dwalls90 thread starter macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Seemingly just apple. Target was supposed to soon, try calling!

25. RxMac macrumors 6502

Found a whole wall of them at Apple Store in Tulsa, OK.