Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hkfan24

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
I have a strong feeling that we won't likely see large quantities of these adapters until the new iPod touch and nanos release this month since they also utilize the new lightning connector. I think this could be part of the delay.

CanadaEh

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
Toronto
I walked into my local Apple store and they had over 100+ Lightning cables in stock. Picked up 1 :)

Edit: For any Canadians wondering, I got it at the Apple Store in Square One.

kthnxshwn

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
These things aren't even in short supply where I'm from. I ran into my local AT&T store and picked one up without calling ahead or anything.

DarwinOSX

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2009
just the regular cable? adapter?

I'm specifically looking for the lighting-to-30pin cable

Plenty of cables in Dana Point/Irvine area but the Apple stores all say they have no idea when they are getting adapters.

----------

I have a strong feeling that we won't likely see large quantities of these adapters until the new iPod touch and nanos release this month since they also utilize the new lightning connector. I think this could be part of the delay.

I'm not seeing the connection between those two things.

----------

Nope, no one knew a specific date beyond "October."
Me too. My car's stereo has a hard-wired 30-pin cable, and I can't get an adapter, and I can't get a date for the audio company to release a Lightning cable for replacement. I'm pretty much screwed right now. :(

My 2012 Honda has a usb port and the lightning cable charges but does not play music. For now I'm using the Aux port in my car and the headphone jack on my iPhone 5 to play sound through the car speakers. The quality is not quite as good but I mostly play podcasts in the car anyway. So if you have an Aux port you could do the same thing.
I'm hoping the adpater will allow me to charge and play music through one cable again.

panda bear

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2010
I finally found one.

One of the Apple Stores near me said they had them, but they were sold out by the time I got there.

A few days ago, I went to the AT&T store and they said they didn't have any.

Then I just called yesterday to follow up and the girl said they had 10. She wouldn't hold one for me, though, for some reason.

I went in about an hour later and literally got the last one.

There were two hanging on the stand and I couldn't pick it up myself, because it has the security thing on it.. there were a bunch of people ahead of me in line and luckily only one of them wanted a lightning cable, or I would have been out of luck.

I waited about 30 minutes, but finally got one.. thank the lawd, hallelujah!

iPhonedemon

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2011
Sprint stores seem to be the spot to check if your not finding them at the usual spots. Only place I found the lightning cable was the sprint at vintage oaks in Novato, ca Bay Area.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.