Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

star-fish

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
Usually don't post, but just wanted to give a shout out to star-fish. Appreciate the insider tip, keep your head down, and ignore the haters. No proof, no problem... its MacRumours, not MacFacts. :)

Thanks. I did post proof, and some people saw it (on the first page), but I was advised to take it down and did so.

this thread is a bigger piece of bul***** than today's announcement. Either you're leaking information or you're not. What is this inbetween? If you were really worried about violating some nda you have with apple, you would have never posted on here.

I already DID. If you missed it, that's not my problem. I removed the attachment. I don't have a nda with Apple, I have a very vague nda specifically for the company I work for. I don't get whether I would get fired for posting this, but I'd prefer not to take the risk, thanks.

This guy has called stuff correctly before. I believe it. Thanks.

Wow, I'm impressed anyone remembers that. Shame I didn't have more info, but I work in the wrong department unfortunately.

And to the other posters - I don't know why no other reseller has posted it. I'm confused as well. It's possible that it was a hoax on Apple's part to try and get news to leak and get people interested. It's possible that because the company I work for is such a big player and the upper management so aggressive that they managed to get the information when others didn't, and people in my company go out for dinner with the highers-up at Apple without even batting an eyelid. Anything's possible, it's Apple after all.

Alternatively, Apple might have had a last minute problem, there may have been a breakdown in communications somewhere, resellers might be wanting to keep it quiet so they can sell MBPs with more margin, or Apple simply only decided last minute to pull them. They could have planned the media event both with and without the MBPs and decided in the morning. If it were me, I'd totally agree. I'm not sure where they would have fitted in without posing a risk that the tablet would lose some attention. It's a pretty risky product, and it looks so far like Jobs is doing everything he can to focus attention on it as long as possible.

If you don't want to believe me, I don't care. I was just throwing some extra information out there and this is, after all a rumors site. So believe what you want to believe.

mirco15

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2010
Thanks man !! i belive you !! thanksssssss

but..WHEN exactly ????? today ??????

Ambrose Chapel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Massachusetts
at first i thought for sure we'd get the new MBPs, but after seeing that Apple announced nothing other than the iPad (and related apps/accessories), and that the home page of Apple.com was slightly redesigned to feature nothing besides the iPad (none of the four boxes typically under the featured product), I think their plan was always to just announce the iPad yesterday. Nothing else to detract from the announcement of a major new product/category.

badpinoy

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2007
at first i thought for sure we'd get the new MBPs, but after seeing that Apple announced nothing other than the iPad (and related apps/accessories), and that the home page of Apple.com was slightly redesigned to feature nothing besides the iPad (none of the four boxes typically under the featured product), I think their plan was always to just announce the iPad yesterday. Nothing else to detract from the announcement of a major new product/category.

Like the the rest of everyone yesterday i was waiting for the MBP to be released. But when the Apple Store didn't go down. I was starting to worry that I there wouldn't be a refresh. And right now i'm still waiting for a refresh.

HaXoR7Om

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2010
United Kingdom
Okay star fish I believe you, I felt burned after watching the presentation live without macbook pro updates because I wanted to buy one. When do you think they are going to be released? I mean I don't think apple would want to detract from the tablet hype within the next 60 days, march perhaps? :apple:

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
If they pulled them early in the morning why did it take until after 6 pm for you to post. Why not release this info before the event as a real scope.

eRR!Co

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2010

Really pleasured to read you in a serious thread,mirco.:)
Strange but cool, I must admit it.

star-fish,thank you.
I believe you, I don't understand why you should be enjoyed by telling us rubbish.
I hope that the MBP will soon updated, basically I'm a bit nervous because of the delay...for this reason yesterday I was banned too by the mod of an Italian Mac Forum :D

p.s. I want to apologize for my english, I know I gotta seriously to improved it ;)

mirco15

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2010
Really pleasured to read you in a serious thread,mirco.:)
Strange but cool, I must admit it.

star-fish,thank you.
I believe you, I don't understand why you should be enjoyed by telling us rubbish.
I hope that the MBP will soon updated, basically I'm a bit nervous because of the delay...for this reason yesterday I was banned too by the mod of an Italian Mac Forum :D

p.s. apologies for my english, I know I gotta seriously to improved it ;)

eRR!co :eek::eek:

You have to go back in "the not serious thread" ...we wait. :cool:

p.s. quando torni di la ?

Smatts123

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2009
when will it be somewhere where i can buy it??

I was going to buy a new MBP for christmas, but decided to wait for a new model to come out. i followed apples announcement yesterday thinking that they would release it then. to be honest im quite disappointed and don't know if i should wait anymore or just buy one now.
Can anyone shed some light on the MBP situation??

cheers ;)

xlii

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2006
Millis, Massachusetts
I was going to buy a new MBP for christmas, but decided to wait for a new model to come out. i followed apples announcement yesterday thinking that they would release it then. to be honest im quite disappointed and don't know if i should wait anymore or just buy one now.
Can anyone shed some light on the MBP situation??

cheers ;)

The new MBPs should be out by end of March at the latest. If you look at the historical release dates for MBPs going back in time... on average it is a 7-8 month update cycle. The last update was June 2009 so Jan, Feb 2010 would be most likely.

I think they were not released this week because now was all about the iPad and Apple didn't want anything to distract from that. I expect we will see new MBPs within the next two Tuesdays.

Smatts123

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2009
The new MBPs should be out by end of March at the latest. If you look at the historical release dates for MBPs going back in time... on average it is a 7-8 month update cycle. The last update was June 2009 so Jan, Feb 2010 would be most likely.

I think they were not released this week because now was all about the iPad and Apple didn't want anything to distract from that. I expect we will see new MBPs within the next two Tuesdays.

Yeah, thanks for the info, i'll probably wait until the end of the month. I would pretty disappointed if it came out just after i bought it.

MANY THANKS
:rolleyes:

star-fish

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
If they pulled them early in the morning why did it take until after 6 pm for you to post. Why not release this info before the event as a real scope.

I didn't really think about it to be honest. Everyone at work is just so 'meh' about these kinds of things, I didn't think it was anything particularly exciting. I figured it might even be on here already, because most things are.

It's probably a good thing I waited until after I got home because doing it at work would have got me into trouble for sure (after all, I'm supposed to be doing my job not messing around on forums).

Annnnd the only other thing I can tell you is that European resellers who have started advertising the iPad have been bitched out for it. Apparently it might not even go on sale there. All European marketing has been pulled for now. Again, don't know whether that's new or old info, or if it's interesting. It's interesting to me, because it's quite Zune-like.

(And before anyone asks, no I don't know why Apple themselves are still advertising it in Europe and no, this time I don't have proof).

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!

Along with the G5 Powerbook.

DCBass

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2004
Washington, DC
Thank you star fish…

People need to mellow out about the MBPs coming out yesterday for a couple of reasons.

First, as mentioned earlier, it is primetime for them to be updated based on the buyer's guide on this site.

Second, Apple has historically released new products (software or hardware) very soon after keynotes in several instances. Sometimes, this will even happen the very next week, sometimes a little longer.

Just be patient. I'm looking for one of these things too, probably a refurbished model in April or so.

And if not, then they better have my Aperture 3.0 daggum it.
:p

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
Hi OP I believe you, I think there were some photos here that you took down before I got here. I don't work or know anyone who works for Apple (I'm a minor so it's out of the possibility), Can you PM me what the pictures said? Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.