Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asu1996

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2013
6:01 AM UK time, GMT. So in PDT that would be 11 PM I believe.
I tried searching for the answer to my question but can't find one so any help would be appreciated. Are we able to pre-order the phone with Verizon Wireless over the phone rather than online. I am eligible for an early upgrade to the new pricing plan but they said I have to do it over the phone. Has anyone heard that before?

Apples n' Stone

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
Maidstone, U.K
I tried searching for the answer to my question but can't find one so any help would be appreciated. Are we able to pre-order the phone with Verizon Wireless over the phone rather than online. I am eligible for an early upgrade to the new pricing plan but they said I have to do it over the phone. Has anyone heard that before?
I can't help as I buy unlocked and completely contract-free in the UK. Sorry.

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Must have been a glitch, I have only ever had two. This current and the previous had my football team's old logo instead. No
Offence was taken, but I would not steal an avatar :)

Weird... it definitely was not the current one. But no worries, after all, I stole it from somewhere else.

Reactions: Apples n' Stone

LKN

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2012
Yorkshire
Just done some digging on old posts.

I can confurm UK pre order time for iPhone 6 was 8:01am.

So might be the case again this year if Apple do Allow pre orders on the 11th as speculated.

Also ive heard its easier to use the Apple store app rather than the web. So make sure your card details are all updated and ready.

Also apple may even specify the time pre orders will open on the 11th!!

Apples n' Stone

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
Maidstone, U.K
Just done some digging on old posts.

I can confurm UK pre order time for iPhone 6 was 8:01am.

So might be the case again this year if Apple do Allow pre orders on the 11th as speculated.

Also ive heard its easier to use the Apple store app rather than the web. So make sure your card details are all updated and ready.

Also apple may even specify the time pre orders will open on the 11th!!
Odd, it was 6 in Maidstone...?

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
I notice that too! But I use my Apple Watch mainly just to recieve notifications and Apple Pay when I cannot be asked to get my phone out xD I use it for very little else, other than as a watch (who'd have thought) so it works for me with battery life. You possibly use your's more than I do! Why wired though? Does that not get in the way when running? (We are all different I am just wondering)

You could try wireless headphones to the phone if the range is good? My Gym is fairly empty when I go so I tend to just leave my phone on the treadmill itself so I could bluetooth to that instead. Hope it helps!

I have a "fitness belt" that I put my iPhone in while cycling, hiking, running or any other outdoor activity. The one I currently have fits the 5s but will be too small for the new iPhone (will be getting the 6s +) so I purchase a new one. The cord does not get in the way. When I cycle I use a clip to attach the cord to my clothing and that helps but I've gone without using it as well. On days that I don't work out I usually have 50% or more battery life in my Apple Watch before going to bed. That number may drop down to 30% (when I listen to music on my iPhone) or so when I cycle (depending on the mileage that could be anywhere from 2 to 3 or 4 hours). That's when I experienced the battery drain with bluetooth earphones which could deplete the battery. The same would happen if I used bluetooth earphones with my iPhone. So, that's why I use wired earphones when using my Apple Watch and iPhone during physical activities.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Odd, it was 6 in Maidstone...?

Can't have been. I live in London and preordered just after they went up which was around 8:01 AM. The UK is 8 hours ahead of the US West coast which is on Pacific Time. As their preorders typically go up at 12:00 AM that would make it 8:00 AM here in the UK.

Mikeyfabs

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2015

call them and ask them to move it up on the computer and don't make you call because you won't get through to order, and keep calling back until they actually move the upgrade date up via the computer

AppleCaked

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2015
I will be replacing our two dumb phones for two iPhones. One, a will be a 6S and the other a 6S+. I am a Verizon customer. I would like to pay in full or do the new device payment plan. From what I see on the Apple website today, the device payment plan is not an option. I would have to go into the Apple retail store to do it.
When I enter my Verizon acct info on the Apple website, it tells me I can use my upgrade with the old "subsidized" pricing, upgrade fees, and higher cost data plans that are not available to new customers.

I checked with Verizon today. They will sell me a full price phone, or do the new device payment plan and sell me a bunch of insurance options that I don't understand. The salesman did not know what AppleCare is and after pressed about it, said they don't offer it.

I am thinking of pre-ordering the T-Mobile phone and just taking it to Verizon. Will they charge me for the nano-sim and how much of a hassle will it be to get it? Can I get the Verizon nano-sim now and have it ready for the release day?

dwhygienist

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2013
NJ
i am planning on getting my first iPhone- don't need to get it on day one- actually want to wait a week or two- but want to be sure to gat the exact phone wanted- can one pre- order for pick-up at an apple store in October?

valinda

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA
I'm all ready to order when it's time with apple pay, but I wanted a sim free phone from apple. From reading
some posts, I may not be able to order that until well after release date. It would be nice if they would change
that.

Reactions: AppleCaked

jalinga

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2013
Just a general question as I've never pre-ordered before. I'm planning on pre ordering the iph6s on the 11th but im still undecided on the color that I want. If I place an order online and later decide to change my mind on the color, could I just walk in to any Apple store and do an exchange (granted that the phone is available in-store), or do I have to contact Apple online for the exchange and ship them back the product?

iphonedude2008

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2009
Irvine, CA
Just a general question as I've never pre-ordered before. I'm planning on pre ordering the iph6s on the 11th but im still undecided on the color that I want. If I place an order online and later decide to change my mind on the color, could I just walk in to any Apple store and do an exchange (granted that the phone is available in-store), or do I have to contact Apple online for the exchange and ship them back the product?

I'm not sure, though since the design is the same the only color you don't know or can't see on an iphone in the Apple store would be rose gold. I would suggest you decide now so that isn't an issue. You can see rose gold on the apple watch and the new space gray on the ipod touch.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
This time I think watching this thread may be more exciting than the iPhone 6s or 6s plus.
Hopefully I'm wrong and there is a really exciting feature in the new iPhone.

thatpluslife

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2015
I'm so excited for next week!!
Questions though.. Do you guys think it'll be better to pre order the phone for pick up or delivery? I just don't want a delay in shipping to the store or home.

Also, I'm on verizon and I'm eligible for an upgrade. Is that a lengthy process on pre order day? How easy is it to link your carrier and upgrades on apple.com?

Hopefully we all have a live chat or something on that night next week!

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
I'm so excited for next week!!
Questions though.. Do you guys think it'll be better to pre order the phone for pick up or delivery? I just don't want a delay in shipping to the store or home.

Also, I'm on verizon and I'm eligible for an upgrade. Is that a lengthy process on pre order day? How easy is it to link your carrier and upgrades on apple.com?

Hopefully we all have a live chat or something on that night next week!

There is no pickup at store, if you are able to get through the first batch of orders then you will get it shipped to you on release day.

Nelliebee

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2014
New York

I think Apple gives you two weeks (14 days) to return it or exchange it, I am not sure if Apple also has a restocking fee like the carriers though.

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
If I may ask, why not just use next, pay for the phone monthly, use the money paid upfront for something else, pay only sales tax, then on the next release date you only pay sales tax and maybe the 12th monthly next payment depending on your billing cycle?
I may do that for this phone or may buy it unlocked. I didn't qualify for next, but now I do since I paid off the phone.

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
6:01 AM UK time, GMT. So in PDT that would be 11 PM I believe.
12:01 AM PDT is 3:01 AM EDT. Apple uses PDT and if they say preorder on the 11th of September, they mean 12:01 AM PDT on the 11th of September. I'm not sure how it works in the UK, however, but in the states, it means what I just said. However, I'd be ready to go at 12:00 AM PDT. Start checking then.

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
64gb 6S+ in gold for me! I thought about going back to a black phone but I really just love the look of the gold so much

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.