Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
A good Gameweek so far for my Cores with an impressive 81 points amassed – and due to some cunning transfer wheeling and dealing all eleven of my players could potentially feature again due to the double Gameweek.

pivo6 – we're coming after you! ;)

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Amazing scenes at the top of the Fantasy League table – as it stands this evening, Brainerd FC have been deposed of their lead by my Dual-Cores! :eek:

I've little doubt that pivo6's boys will be back on top once all of this Gameweek's matches are played – he has more players still to play than I do – but his defence of the title is looking a little less sure than it was a few short weeks ago...

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
Amazing scenes at the top of the Fantasy League table – as it stands this evening, Brainerd FC have been deposed of their lead by my Dual-Cores! :eek:

I've little doubt that pivo6's boys will be back on top once all of this Gameweek's matches are played – he has more players still to play than I do – but his defence of the title is looking a little less sure than it was a few short weeks ago...

Like you said, it's still early days. I have all the confidence that I will once again top the table and win the League again.

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
THE GOOD: I figured Chicharito would get some match time with the double gameweek and a crowded fixture list for United, and he put two past Wigan today.

THE NOT SO GOOD: I thought Sunderland would beat Everton, so I started Bardsley and benched Coleman and Howard. Oooooops.

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings
THE GOOD: I figured Chicharito would get some match time with the double gameweek and a crowded fixture list for United, and he put two past Wigan today.

THE NOT SO GOOD: I thought Sunderland would beat Everton, so I started Bardsley and benched Coleman and Howard. Oooooops.

Hard man Barton hurt himself in the warm-up and didn't play; Seemus Coleyman - per ESPN Deportes - will come in.

Cheers,
OW

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
Hard man Barton hurt himself in the warm-up and didn't play; Seemus Coleyman - per ESPN Deportes - will come in.

Yep, got bailed out of my own foolishness again. I think the same happened to me a few weeks back when two of my benched defenders ended up scoring goals and keeping clean sheets.

Speaking of foolishness, I needed to buy another midfielder this week and was wavering between Ashley Young and Raúl Meireiles. I obviously picked... unwisely.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Time for a quick update on the League then – I'll fill us in on the latest MR Cup goings on once this Gameweek's fixtures are complete.

There hasn't been as much League football as usual over the past month due to teams' commitments in the FA and League Cups. However, there have been a couple of mouthwatering 'double weeks' for cunning managers to take advantage of, and as a result some of our teams have made significant gains over their rivals. Perhaps the main story of the month is that – as alluded to in an earlier post – pivo6's Brainerd FC have seen their lead at the top of the table slashed from 86 points in Gameweek 25 to a Tilpots-pleasing 3 as of the end of Gameweek 28.

League-Table_February.png

As the table shows, it's none other than my own Sporting Dual-Cores who have closed the gap up, with a tally of 334 points for the month. As such, this unmatched score has earned me February's MacRumors Manager of the Month Award.

sporting dual-cores.jpg

So, yay me and all that. :p

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings
Congratulations Jaffa Cake; there are increasing calls to overthrow the tyrant pivo6, with the international community discussing a no-transfer zone.

The less said about March, the better.:eek:

Cheers,
OW

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Well done Jaffa! And Congrats to pivo6, as well, for holding off the relentless charge the Sporting Dual-Cores are mounting.

The Cup action is intense, too. I think 4-5 teams are on the brink of not making the playoffs. Fun times. Viva la Stoplights!

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
But fret not, young pjlander! Although the Shrooms may not be pulling up trees in the League at the moment, your Cup form is keeping both the fans and the board on side...

MR-Cup-Table_w29.png

Not only are your boys topping the table at this stage, but you can't finish any lower than eighth once the Group Stage finishes at the end of Gameweek 35 – meaning you've qualified for the Knock Out Stage. But you're not alone – both pivo6's Brainerd FC and Silencio's SF Giants join you in taking up three of the eight available places.

Fightin-Shrooms_Cup.png Brainerd-FC_Cup.png SF-Giants_Cup.png

Well done, chaps. :)

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
This weekend's MacRumors Cup fixtures...

Fabulous Boyz v Shanti Stars
The Fightin' Shrooms v Renfrew Meerkats
Neutron Heath v Sporting Dual-Cores
Omaha Latics v Nieval's Angry Mob
La Selecta v Brainerd FC
The Stoplights v SF Giants

Two matches leap out, as both could have ramifications for Knockout Stage qualification. Omaha Latics entertain Nieval's Angry Mob while Shanti Stars travel to face Fabulous Boyz – these four teams are currently placed 7th-10th in the table so their managers will no doubt be looking to gain an edge over their rivals with a win this week.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
The Cup's going down to the wire!

Who had Adam as their captain? I had him on the pitch, but I didn't even think of giving him the armband after his time off.

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings
Another Cup defeat, this time at the hands of our new overlord; Sporting Dual Cores. I have no option but to say:

I've been through the desert on a horse with no name,
It felt good to be out of the rain.
In the desert you can remember your name,
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain.
La, la, la la la la, la la la, la, la
La, la, la la la la, la la la, la, la...

:p

Cheers,
OW

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
I'll put a full League and Cup update out once this Gameweek's fixtures are played – but in the meantime here's the MacRumors Manager of the Month for March.

mouchoir's Parma Hammers may be destined for mid-table mediocrity this season, but this month at least he's made the rest of us look like a right load of tools. He's clearly got his boys well drilled now, and with a total of 117 points for the month it must be a saw point with him that he couldn't make such form spanner whole season – he'd surely then be nailed on favourites for the title.

Parma-Hammers.jpg

Well done mouchoir. :)

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Right then – as promised, here's the League and Cup tables as of the end of Gameweek 32

League-Table_March.png

As you can see, it's advantage Jaffa at the moment – although with such a slender lead I'll have to have my wits about me to ensure that my Sporting Dual-Cores keep pivo6's Brainerd FC at bay. Silencio's SF Giants and oscillatewildly's Neutron Heath take up third and forth respectively, but time's running out for them to make up the points to catch the front runners.

So then, to the Cup. Here's things as they stand...

MR-Cup-Table_w32.png

We now only have three Gameweeks left for teams to qualify for the Knockout Stages, but one team who doesn't have to look nervously over its metaphorical shoulder are Neutron Heath. oscillatewildly's boys have taken the fourth qualification slot so will definitely be featuring in Gameweek 36's Quarter Finals.

Neutron-Heath_Cup.png

Well done, oscillatewildly. :)

Here then are the next set of Cup fixtures...

Shanti Stars vs La Selecta
The Stoplights vs Omaha Latics
SF Giants vs Neutron Heath
Brainerd FC vs The Fightin' Shrooms
Nieval's Angry Mob vs Fabulous Boyz
Sporting Dual-Cores vs Renfrew Meerkats​

The stand out fixture sees Kofi's Fabulous Boyz travel to Reading to face Nieval's Angry Mob. With the Mob three points ahead of the ninth placed Boyz, the result could be crucial in determining which one of these teams goes on to qualify for the Quarter Finals.

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings
Congratulations mouchoir.

Managed to cling on to a Cup spot; probably not wise to take tips from Steve Bruce.:)

Barring points deduction, the League has to be Jaffa Cake or pivo6 - the rest of us scrambling for a place in Europe:

Cheers,
OW

Attachments

• wackyraces.jpg
    wackyraces.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 58

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
Man, Neutron is really beating up on me this week. Passed me in the league, beat me in the cup. Should be a great battle for third place through the end of the season, though I can't even take fourth place for granted!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.