Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Looong overdue...

Kofi's sister completed this hand-made scarf awhile back. We just got our hands on it. If Brainerd wants it, someone get me his mailing address. Winters coming and its pretty heavy...

pjlander

That's awesome.

Fizzoid

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
UK
Fantastic, will there be one for the bottom of the league team as well this year? :)

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Au revoir! Auf wiedersehen! Hwyl fawr!

That, in case you're wondering, is the sound of all our favourite stars heading off on international duty to pick up various season ending injuries. But here's a little something to distract us while we fret over their fitness and anxiously await their return – a quick update on the League table...

_League-Table_GW_11.png

As we can see, No Value sit atop the table so well done to their gaffer Silencio. :)

Here too are the MacRumors Fantasy Cup fixtures we have to look forward to once Gameweek 12 gets underway...

Sporting Dual-Cores v Neutron Heath
No Value v Woodsmoor Wanderers
Cleveland AFC v Brainerd FC
Fabulous Boyz v Fizzy's Flyers
Fightin' Shrooms v Omaha Latics
Telford Blues v AFC MacRumors
Thigh High Socks v Rugby United
The Stoplights v Bushey Fighters
Renfrew Meerkats v Bayern Bru
FFM v Nieval's Angry Mob​

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Love the scarf! Outstanding work, Kofi's sister!

Hey FFM, love your app these days, too. I wasn't so fond of it earlier in the year, but you've really brought it along and now it makes managing and following my team much easier. Thanks!

Bushey, let's get it on! The cup is still very much up for grabs. The Stoplights have changed gears and are finally mounting a charge!

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Just a reminder – the players have returned from the international break and the League and Cup resume this weekend.

Be sure to check your teams for any injuries they might have picked up while they've been galavanting off around the globe. ;)

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Just a reminder – the players have returned from the international break and the League and Cup resume this weekend.

Be sure to check your teams for any injuries they might have picked up while they've been galavanting off around the globe. ;)

Ta for the reminder :)

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC

Yeah, I've got a few too many doubtfuls in my squad. Had to drop VDV and bring Nani back in - he's due to return to good form in the league, right? ...Right?

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
I think I may end RVP's goal scoring form this weekend :)
With a busy weekend of Cup fixtures ahead, I would hope not! :eek:

Here are Gameweek 13's fixtures, then...

Bayern Bru v Sporting Dual-Cores
Omaha Latics v The Stoplights
Fizzy's Flyers v Thigh High Socks
Brainerd FC v Telford Blues
Woodsmoor Wanderers v Fightin' Shrooms
Neutron Heath v Fabulous Boyz
No Value v Cleveland AFC
Bushey Fighters v Nieval's Angry Mob
Rugby United v FFM
AFC MacRumors v Renfrew Meerkats​

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Gameweek 13 has come and gone then, and with it the month of November. Time then for us to take a look back at how things stand.

The table tells us that it's currently andrewstephenso who sits top of the pile, his FFM outfit having garnered 687 points to date.

League-Table_GW_13.png

But even this impressive showing isn't enough to clinch November's MacRumors Manager of the Month award. That honour goes to mouchoir, who has seen his Szczesney Hawks pick up 181 points this past month. November's matches were interrupted by an international break so mouchoir's score certainly isn't to be sneezed at. He's wiped the floor with the rest of us, proving to be quite the bogey team and leaving many of his rivals protesting that it's snot fair at all.

Szczesny-Hawks_Home_1112.png

Well done, andrewstephenso and mouchoir. :)

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
This Gameweek's deadline has just passed, so here are the MacRumors Cup fixtures we have to look forward to...

Sporting Dual-Cores v No Value
Cleveland AFC v Neutron Heath
Fabulous Boyz v Woodsmoor Wanderers
Fightin' Shrooms v Brainerd FC
Telford Blues v Fizzy's Flyers
Thigh High Socks v Omaha Latics
The Stoplights v AFC MacRumors
Renfrew Meerkats v Rugby United
FFM v Bushey Fighters
Nieval's Angry Mob v Bayern Bru​

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
You're going down, Average. I'm sick and tired of your mediocre ways. So far I've been below you, but this game begins my ascent above. I'd make fun of your team, but you don't even have one. I bet you finish in the middle of the pack.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
You're going down, Average. I'm sick and tired of your mediocre ways. So far I've been below you, but this game begins my ascent above. I'd make fun of your team, but you don't even have one. I bet you finish in the middle of the pack.

Now that's some fighting talk!

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Oh yeah, Average. You got nothin'. Your silence speaks volumes. That's right, I'm pointing to the scoreboard. You weren't the worst team out there, but you weren't the best either. Who's next?

*prays it's Below Average*

:eek:

Fizzoid

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
UK
So, RVP gets another load of points, and Rooney doesn't. It could only be because I couldn't afford to put RVP in my team :p

pjlander

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2008
Houston, Texas
:D

How about that cup clash of the titans between the Fightin' Shrooms and Brainerd FC? With the top spot on the line, both came out swinging! Bravo boys!!! Congrats on the win Shrooms!

Thank you, thank you very much.

I finally ditched Rooney this past week, Murphy as well, and picked up Bale and Adebayor. I think it paid off...at least with Bale. Taking off Al-Habsi and bringing on Schwarzer worked out as well. :)

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
I picked up Bale a few weeks back and it's been a huge lift. I saved last weeks transfer to make a couple of move this week. Hopefully I'll catch these pickups on an upswing, like I did with RVP last month. That guy is sick!

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
I had a couple of nightmare gameweeks, knocking me well off the top spot. Got to set things right, got to set things right... Dropped all the United players out of my squad - makes me sad, but scores me more FF points. :eek:

Fizzoid

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
UK
Quote from the BBC:
Wayne Rooney has gone eight league games without a goal, equalling his worst barren run for Manchester United

You'd think I'd picked Rooney for my FF team about 8 games ago or something ;)

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Whilst we lament on Rooney's poor scoring form (or point and laugh at Fizzoid, your choice ;)), here are this week's MacRumors Cup fixtures to chew over...

Bushey Fighters v Sporting Dual-Cores
Omaha Latics v FFM
Fizzy's Flyers v Renfrew Meerkats
Brainerd FC v The Stoplights
Woodsmoor Wanderers v Thigh High Socks
Neutron Heath v Telford Blues
No Value v Fightin' Shrooms
Cleveland AFC v Fabulous Boyz
Rugby United v Bayern Bru
AFC MacRumors v Nieval's Angry Mob​

Fizzoid had best hope his misfiring striker's form improves sharpish, as he heads into this weekend's eagerly anticipated F*zzy Derby. That's right, Fizzy's Flyers will be facing Renfrew Meerkats (managed by Fuzzy14) for double Z-based bragging rights.

Fizzoid

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
UK
Fizzoid had best hope his misfiring striker's form improves sharpish, as he heads into this weekend's eagerly anticipated F*zzy Derby. That's right, Fizzy's Flyers will be facing Renfrew Meerkats (managed by Fuzzy14) for double Z-based bragging rights.

And despite Rooney scoring twice, it wasn't enough to match the massive 87 points ammased by the Renfrew Meerkats. So, the following award goes to Fuzzy

zz-top-eliminator-cover-art-3969.jpeg

zztop%20keychain.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.