Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamin.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Well its that time of the week again..

The time where we begin to speculate and count down until Tuesday..

hoping..
praying..

and begging for an update the the MBP's.

Only a couple of days to go!

Who thinks this Tuesday will be it?

Im thinking it may not be with the Superbowl and SuperTuesday.

Dan0903

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2007
I'm gonna say i have a feeling it could be this week.

of course, our feelings count for nothing do they steve ;)

jamin.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
With Tuesday fast approaching, the rumor mill should be busy..

Im so hoping for this Tuesday, a lot of people are betting for the next Tuesday, I can't wait that long :(

jamin.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
The last revised MacBookPro was released on June 5...any relation to a possible February 5 release date?

design-is

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
London / U.K.
woooooo bring on tomorrow! :D

I dunno if it will be tomorrow... but this week, or next week, I'm gunna count my pennies and order immediately!

:apple:

Nuefox

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2008
maybe i work for apple..but a very low level job ..and there is nothing going on here today(maybe)..i'm not %100 sure..but i asked a few people..i will buy one also..

bensh

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2008
yeah.. all that would be nice.. but maybe they will release the new MBP this thursday, just to prank you guys... :)

lizard51

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2007
Staffordshire, UK
Ive been waiting for the update for so long now if the new MBP doesnt come with a super new facility like tea and coffee making facilities im gonna be angry! :)

Ive gone crazy waiting and started impossible demands to what I want to see in the new MBP:

• Back scratcher
• Cat flap
• Furry keyboard
• Wheels
• Rocket launcher
• Ability to see into the future
• Lemon flavoured screen

Anyone else got any suggestions?

wipeout33

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2008
Los Angeles
Ive been waiting for the update for so long now if the new MBP doesnt come with a super new facility like tea and coffee making facilities im gonna be angry! :)

Ive gone crazy waiting and started impossible demands to what I want to see in the new MBP:

• Back scratcher
• Cat flap
• Furry keyboard
• Wheels
• Rocket launcher
• Ability to see into the future
• Lemon flavoured screen

Anyone else got any suggestions?
It should do your housework

heatmiser

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2007
As I said in the other thread last night, no update this Tuesday. Going to stick with my prediction that we aren't going to see an update until late spring/early summer.

Gonna go with what this guy said. Besides, there's plenty more important stuff going on tomorrow for Americans. No way SJ would release new computers on Super Tuesday...

sfwalter

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Dallas Texas
i'm getting tired of my money sitting in the bank collecting interest. Come on Apple just release them. My bank is tired of making interest payments, please help them out. :D

wrightc23

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2007
I'd love it to be announced tomorrow but I can't help feeling it will be towards the end of this month or early in March.

They won't launch an updated MBP without 10.5.2 and by all accounts that's still a couple of weeks away. It would seem a bit daft to release an updated MBP and then within a couple of days expect new users to install a substantial update to the OS. Don't Apple usually launch an OS update towards the end of the week?

My guess is that we'll either see 10.5.2 just before or plausibly on the same day as an updated MBP.

As for the update, I can't see it being a major redesign. I've currently got a MBP 2.4 15" and I'm actually finding the 1440x900 a bit restrictive for my work. I could do with upgrading to either a 15" with 1680x1050 or will go the whole hog and get a 17" with 1920x1200. Hopefully both options will have LED.

Most likely we might get an MBA style keyboard, penryn update and more vram. I'm not sure about the MBA style keyboard given the MBP is the professional model and I can't help feeling a full keyboard is required.

If the updated MBP sticks with the same resolutions (do they even make a 15" 1680x1050 LED yet) then I'll go for an updated 17".

saltyzoo

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2007
I think that you are missing something real here. As OS X Users we are in a unique predicament. We can't shop around and find the best deal available at the time, we have to patiently wait for things to come on Apple's schedule. Sony and Lenovo have their Penryns available with HP and Compaq soon to follow, and all of their Meroms are now on deep discount. I can't investigate those, because they use an operating system that is worthless to me.

I have been waiting since November because all indications had new MBPs at Macworld. Why bother waiting, then? Because Apple doesn't drop their prices as their machines get old - and because while I am willing to pay the quality premium for Apple products, I am not willing to be ripped off. All indications say changes are coming soon, and have for a while.

I was a system builder on the PC side before I switched in 2002 and I am still not entirely accustomed to vendor lock-in. OS X is an incredible operating system, but while I like apple hardware, it's not why I switched. Times like this, where there is an obvious decline in value of a product and apple refuses to tip its hat to that, I wonder how loyal I would be if Linux caught up just a little more. I would pay $500 for an OSX license for any hardware. Having to wait around when I am ready to buy just to keep from being fleeced is maddening.

The sign of a true addict. "I know it's bad for me, but it hurts SO good." :D

I bought my MBP a few months ago despite the "updates coming soon". I've enjoyed the heck out of it. I don't have to stay up all night every Monday. If a new one comes out, that's cool, more choices when I upgrade someday. I suspect mine will last me many years however. For me a computer is not a toy, it's a tool. Another 0.2 Ghz or a flashy new case design doesn't make much difference to me at the end of the day.

And your logic about feeling ripped off doesn't make much sense. Wouldn't you feel just as ripped off if they lowered the price the week after you bought one? Same problem. Same solution. If you need one, buy one. If you don't. Don't.

If they release something that's just too good to pass up, the resale on this thing is incredible. I'll sell it and buy the upgrade.

wrightc23

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2007
If there is an update I assume the Apple store would go offline? I'm in the UK so what time in the US would it be likely to happen? Am I right in thinking they'd go for somewhere around 9am EST? As I recall this is what happened back in June. Actually wasn't it the Apple store in Australia where the update appeared first last time?

Jorgxus

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2008
If there is an update I assume the Apple store would go offline? I'm in the UK so what time in the US would it be likely to happen? Am I right in thinking they'd go for somewhere around 9am EST? As I recall this is what happened back in June. Actually wasn't it the Apple store in Australia where the update appeared first last time?

hi wright,

i live in belgium, and the US applestore normaly goes offline around 12 o'clock (at lunch) so, UK time is -1 hour, so should be around 11 o'clock.
i' am going to be refreshing that US store like no one before :D

go Apple !!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.