The Original iPad (iPad 1) owners, what are your thoughts?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by coolwater, Mar 7, 2012.

1. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

So, what are your thoughts and plans? Are you buying The New iPad?

2. EmmEff macrumors regular

I haven't decided yet... the new iPad looks great on paper, but the money I'd be spending on it would make a huge dent in the price of a MacBook Air. My original iPad isn't any less useful to me as of today's release.

3. tmarks11 macrumors 6502

Definitely. Huge upgrade from ipad1.

Ios5 has made my ipad1 lag really bad. It will be nice to type and actually see the letters appearing as I touch the keys.

Tough choice compared to MBA. I have (well, now my wife has) a MBA11, and it is also an amazing device. If the ipad3 hadn't included the display upgrade, I was serously considering springing for another MBA11, and leaving my old ipad behind.

4. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Yes. I have a 3G 16GB iPad 1, and am ready to sell my current one and dive into "the new iPad"!

----------

Same here. Terrible lag on iOS5 with iPad 1.

5. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

I just ordered a 16 gb Black wifi to replace my iPad 1. I almost ordered an iPad 2 since they discounted them, but I went with the 1 last year instead of buying the 2 , and I figured it was worth $100 difference just to get one with retina. No buyers remorse or anything like that. Looking forward to getting it. And thats all I have to say about that.

6. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Ordered today. My iPad 1 will be handed down. Safari crashes alot now.

7. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

I had an iPad 1 and have an iPad 2. I'm upgrading to the iPad 3. It's a major update no matter what the haters say. If you're on an iPad 1 still it'll be a HUGE update.

8. jim4637 macrumors newbie

I have the ipad 1 wifi 16 Gb on which is becoming slower since IOS5 so I pre-ordered an ipad 3 with 32 Gb to have some more breathing room and added LTE for travel.

9. Vastastheocean macrumors member

I'm upgrading from ver. 1. The faster processor & retina was the deal maker. Plus LTE was the cherry on top. This 3G seems slow in comparison to my 4s.

10. DWF1 macrumors newbie

I bought one of the first 64gb ipads--even before 3g was available. I upgraded today to 64g and 4g.

11. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Already pre-ordered mine. What's there to think about?

12. Richard8655 macrumors 6502

Long-time iPad 1 holdout. Just ordered a white, engraved, 16gb wi-fi only iPad 3. Couldn't stand being denied anymore.

13. seeharrison macrumors regular

seeharrison

My first gen iPad is on e-bay as we speak (auction ending tonight). If it sells I'll upgrade to the new iPad. If it doesn't sell, I'll just keep what I have and be happy.

14. DopeyFish macrumors regular

i bought an LTE ipad, but my ipad 1 issues have basically been fixed with iOS 5.1

what a huge difference iOS 5.1 is to 5.0... seriously.

15. sovereign macrumors 6502

sovereign

Sold the 1 last week. Ordered the "new" 1st thing as soon as the site quit crashing.

16. arbitrage macrumors 6502a

I had the original iPad on day one which was actually later here in Canada than in the US (oh the good old days!). Skipped ipad2 but its now time for an upgrade. My original was 64GB WiFi in black (obviously) and just preordered a new 64GB, WiFi in black. I think that every 2nd generation is a good time for a new one as now we are starting to see a lot of newer apps not supporting the original iPad (like the new iphoto app that I'm really excited about):D

17. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

Sold my first gen last week and pre ordered me the new one today.

18. superstarmc macrumors regular

I'm torn. I enjoy my iPad 1 but safari crashes a lot. I may demo one first.

19. DopeyFish macrumors regular

update to 5.1

i haven't had safari crash yet

20. lique831 macrumors regular

I sold my iPad 1 last week to help fund the newest iPad. I didn't feel that the iPad 2 had enough to justify an upgrade, but the retina screen had me sold and I'm glad to see it looks like I made the right decision. Plus it was time for an upgrade...it crashed several times a day and I was always in danger of running out of space(16GB).

21. Nathe macrumors member

The new iPad looks stunning, no doubt about that. The only thing putting me off placing an order is the 64Gb limit. I'm already at a point where I'm regularly deleting things off my current 64Gb iPad to make more room for new apps/media and with a retina display those apps and media will only increase in size. When a 128Gb model comes out, then I'm sold.

22. penfan82 macrumors regular

Torn also just bought my iPad 1 last year in the Verizon fire sale think I'd rather save and buy a MacBook air or something upgrade doesn't seem with spending the money

23. Mike Oxard macrumors 6502a

Mike Oxard

I will be upgrading my 16GB wifi iPad 1 to a 32 or 64GB wifi+4G new iPad (I may go for a 32 so I can get a new AppleTV). My iPad 1 will be passed on to my wife.

24. BESLC macrumors regular

Purchased 1st Gen Ipad 64gig 3G on first day of its announcement, did the same today ordering a 64gig LTE today.

The Ipad2 was not as appealing an upgrade as this one appears to be.

25. mobilebuddha macrumors regular

had 2 gen1 ipads and i just preordered 2 gen3s. didn't really see ipad2 as a worthy upgrade and I think there's enough difference between 1st and 3rd gen ipad to warrant the purchase.