Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rgr555

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2012
I'm def getting the Marware CEO Hybrid for the new iPad. Loved it very much for my iPad 2.

Does anyone know when or if Amazon will get them? It's 50% the price for the past year on Amazon versus marware.com.

Edit: said "limited supply" so ordered it =)

Last edited:

Paulyboy

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2007
Anybody know which cases provides the sturdiest stand? Disabled user here who will frequently be using the new iPad in a stand so I need something that can handle some pressure when I'm interacting with the screen.

The ZooGue and Otterbox look pretty sturdy but what else is out there?

-PN

Last edited:

chipmac64

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2012
I'm leaning towards an Incipio Lexington folio case for everyday use around the house use but I'm also thinking of getting a sleeve or bag for when I leave the house with it. I don't want to have to remove the folio case to slide it in though so it can't be a snug fit. Does anyone have any recommendations for a sleeve/bag that fits this criteria and has a pocket for accessories like charging cable, headphones and a stylus?

Dan DRC

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2011
I have my iPad3 on pre order and I all ready have a Maroo Moko 2
I think it is one of the top choices out there. Very nice construction and excellent design.

brianmcdoogle

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2009
Long time lurker here, first post :D

This will be my first iPad and I've been combing over all the accessories post since launch day. As of today, I have narrowed down the case to one of these 4.

1. Concerti from Moshi. No price or release date yet :<
http://moshimonde.com/productDetail.aspx?group=32

2. Folio Classic from Sena Cases. $99.99
http://www.senacases.com/apple/new-ipad-3-cases/folio-classic/

3. STM Skinny. $39.99
http://www.radtech.us/Products/stm-skinny-ipad-case-with-stand.aspx

4. Toblino 2. $24.95 No news of updates that I know of :<
http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Convertable-Multi-angle-iPad2-3G/dp/B004TM1JBE

I've read reviews about the STM and Toblino but I have not heard anything from anyone uses cases from Moshi or Sena. Thoughts? Obviously there is a price difference between the cases but since this will be a long term investment, I honestly do not care too much about the price. More worried how how long it will last me without falling apart.

I,really like the STM skinny, but does anyone know of a case that is just like it but in black fine drain leather? The magfolio luxe isn't a fine leather and is too bulky. I want something as thin as the STM skinny but in a fine grain leather.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
I,really like the STM skinny, but does anyone know of a case that is just like it but in black fine drain leather? The magfolio luxe isn't a fine leather and is too bulky. I want something as thin as the STM skinny but in a fine grain leather.

And if we can get rid of the little strap...even better.

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I wonder if the switcheasy buddy will fit?Switcheasy doesn't have any new iPad cases on their site :-(

ubercool

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2008
Las Vegas
Preordered a Targus Slim at Amazon. Looks like a nice design. Not fond of the Apple logo cutout, but not a big deal to me either. Also have a Porenzo Intellistand on order. There are times when I like a little bigger case for protection.

That's what I like most about the design! :D Have a shipping date from Amazon yet? Dig the Indigo version of that case. :cool:

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
Well i just placed an order for the Incipio Lexington as well, cant beat the 34 dollar price and it seems like a quality case.

what do u guys think about this case:

http://www.amazon.com/INVELLOP-BLAC...OH4A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1331356638&sr=8-3

?

the leather looks pretty cheap but i mean it looks like a cool case.

Hah. Just posted about this case. It looks awesome. The reviews on youtube (for the iPad 2 version) are really good. Biggest thing is that they show that the magnets are strong enough to remain shut even after you flip it upside down and shake it. I think I'm gonna buy one of these but I contacted the company to get some more info on em. At the very least, this is now at the top of my list.

skullnbones

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2010
I ordered the STM Skinny 3 from Radtech. The coupon code AUG2011 worked just fine and gave me a 20% discount. The funny thing is that STM is an Australian company based in my home city, but I couldn't find anywhere online selling them here (I'm too busy to go to more than one or two shops in one centre only), so I ordered it from the USA! With the discount it still only came to USD41.00 shipped to Sydney.

d.lam311

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2012
I ordered the STM Skinny 3 from Radtech. The coupon code AUG2011 worked just fine and gave me a 20% discount. The funny thing is that STM is an Australian company based in my home city, but I couldn't find anywhere online selling them here (I'm too busy to go to more than one or two shops in one centre only), so I ordered it from the USA! With the discount it still only came to USD41.00 shipped to Sydney.

I was looking for the same case and stumbled across the australian site macfixit selling it for $AU39, which is roughly the same as what you've paid. Main concern for me is that the estimated time of arrival for the preorders is mid-april :(.... i would much prefer to get a case before or a couple of days after my preordered iPad arrives :/ thinking about the Maroo Moko II now :rolleyes:

Elise

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2007
London
I'm wary about buying cases from Amazon, as a lot of folks are complaining about fakes, well on the UK store anyway. I'll have to buy my case from a store that I know will buy directly from the manufacturer.

Dukat

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012
I'm leaning towards an Incipio Lexington folio case for everyday use around the house use but I'm also thinking of getting a sleeve or bag for when I leave the house with it. I don't want to have to remove the folio case to slide it in though so it can't be a snug fit. Does anyone have any recommendations for a sleeve/bag that fits this criteria and has a pocket for accessories like charging cable, headphones and a stylus?

I just ordered this Waterfield case. It has a small slide pocket in back for cables but not sure a charging block would fit in it.

http://sfbags.com/products/ipad-cases/sleevecases-ipad.php

----------

Does the iskin aura 2 fit the new ipad?

Yes.

TexasChemE

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
I think i'm going to go ahead and try a Khomo case. For around $25, you can't beat that, and if it doesn't fit, i'll just return it :)

Dukat

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

chipmac64 said:
Dukat said:
I just ordered this Waterfield case. It has a small slide pocket in back for cables but not sure a charging block would fit in it.

http://sfbags.com/products/ipad-cases/sleevecases-ipad.php

----------

Wow I like that alot. Its a bit pricey and it looks like it might be a tight fit with anything other than a Smart Cover on the iPad though. Please update us when you get yours in. Thanks.

There were several YouTube videos showing an iPad with a plastic shell back and smart cover like front fitting into the case without a problem. They looked similar to the incipio Lexington case I ordered.

Note on the Waterfield product page there is a choise to select a 'smartcover' version. I assume that gives a little bit more room for thin shells.

I'll confirm when everything arrives.

The other nice sleeve I found is the Plush by Timbuktu. It's memory foam which should give great impact protection but it appears to be a very tight fit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.