The UK - Every Little Helps Thread :)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DiScO197, Mar 27, 2011.

1. DiScO197, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011

DiScO197 macrumors regular

Hope you don't mind me breaking off from the other thread, but thought I would post this up here to see what luck we get from Tesco tomorrow! My Order status has just changed from 'At Warehouse - Despatching Soon' to 'Sending from warehouse to store (Ref #71)'! I ordered the iPad 2 in white, 32GB WIFI. I missed out last year on launch day, so if this lands tomorrow I'll be happy as a pig in....:)

2. mcarbl macrumors member

I opted for home delivery on Friday night. I got a text this morning with a tracking number, for delivery tomorrow.

Currently it is "sorted at hub"

3. Paulg2uk macrumors regular

No worries mine says the same. I bought a 16gb white for my mum for mothers day. My sister is picking it up tomorrow on her way home from work. I really want one myself I was thinking 64gb black. I'll probably get one when I go to vegas in June.

Lets hope Tesco come through would be a shame if they don't

4. DiScO197 thread starter macrumors regular

That's a reasonable status my friend! :)

5. Bevz macrumors 6502a

Mine just changed to "Sending from warehouse...." too! Yippee! It feels like xmas :) And yep, my apple order is still saying deliver by 25th April LOL - I'll cancel that when i have my grubby little hands on the iPad, which hopefully will be tomorrow! :)

6. colshine macrumors regular

colshine

I ordered mine from Comet, I hope you don't mind the intrusion. :D

Order status says its ready fro delivery tomorrow morning between 7am - 12pm. 8 am would be fine by me as that's when I get up. :)

7. FeaRThiS macrumors 6502

Same for me :D

8. DiScO197 thread starter macrumors regular

How very nice of you, lucky mum! Vegas? I was there when the original iPhone launched but didn't get one but couldn't think of a better place to be when picking one up! Hope they've sorted the aircon in the Luxor :)

9. javjamoll macrumors member

Sames! :D

Well 2 people here have got them yesterday from Tesco... :)

So I assume it'll be good! :D

*fingers crossed they deliver either side of 9-10*

ps, love the thread title! xD lmao!

10. DiScO197 thread starter macrumors regular

start your own thread!! :d

11. Paulg2uk macrumors regular

Yeah its sort of her mothers day/birthday present me and my sister are going half's.

I hope i can get an ipad for myself when i go to vegas they should be back in stock by then lol. I'm staying at the MGM grand just out of interest is the apple store far away?

12. DiScO197, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2011

DiScO197 thread starter macrumors regular

Cheers! Hope I'm back here tomorrow a happy person! :) What's going on with the smilies? Is it just me or are they disappearing? Makes some of my replies look rude :eek:

It was a while ago I was there, but I think you can get the train behind the MGM or the Flamingo? I got a cab I think. There may be other options now but I went here http://www.thefashionshow.com/

13. Paulg2uk macrumors regular

Thanks for the info I'm really looking forward to it. I'll be able to save a few quid on buying it over in vegas as well. I can't believe how much cheaper it is in the US. Just shows you how much tax the UK puts on stuff.

14. DiScO197 thread starter macrumors regular

No worries. It's true though, we pay that bit more. When I went the exchange rate was great, $2 to every pound so things were very affordable! Not quite like that now. Good luck with your trip!

15. daneoni, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011

daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Mine changed to Dispatched this morning and i got a tracking number...says sorting at hub. I'm expecting to be at my doorstep by noon based on previous Tesco Direct orders. Will dart for my computer and cancel my Apple order once it's in hand.

16. Chapuys macrumors member

Looking good for me to collect on my way home from work. Went the full whack and bought the White 64GB 3G version. And only £644 plus a £20-odd rebate. Every little helps!

17. javjamoll macrumors member

I honestly have a bad feeling it'll arrive at mine at 9 :(

Hell I'll be glad to wake up for a 7am deliver!! :eek:

18. samac92 macrumors 6502a

Does anyone have any idea when tesco direct will have them back in stock?

I'm considering cancelling my 12.30 AM Apple order. I don't have enough in the account to order elsewhere without cancelling apple's first.

19. Paulg2uk macrumors regular

Apple won't take any payment out until they ship which is gonna be a few weeks yet. As for tesco's who knows. You can setup an email notification on whichever ipad you want and it should email you when they come back in stock.

They might get some stock here and there you never know.

20. samac92 macrumors 6502a

They won't take payment but as they have authorised the money it is not in my available balance. (ordered with RBS debit card if that makes any difference)

I'm fairly confident if I cancel I can get my hands on an iPad 2 before the 25th April (my estimated delivery date)

I set up an email notification, thanks

21. javjamoll macrumors member

tbh, I'd cancel Apple's order if you don't have enough funds to buy elsewhere. I'm sure you'll find one faster, like that macwarehouse site posted on the thread outside.

Set up email notifications everywhere you can.

The cash isn't gone but if its held (such as mine still is!) it can take 5/7days until its free again.

22. Paulg2uk macrumors regular

No worries, I would just cancel the apple order as you mentioned you could probably get one before the 25th of april even if you go into some of the stores in the next coming weeks they must be getting some stock here and there.

23. Carrick1980 macrumors newbie

Ordered from Tesco Friday 5pm on the dot and was given a Monday 4pm pickup from store. Woo Hoo i thought but then got a txt Sat 2:30 telling me it's ready for collection :) happy days so for all you guys waiting on Monday 4pm hopefully you'll get a txt and be able to get your hands on it early Mon afternoon! Thanks Tesco, amazing delivery and 1 very happy ipad2 user.

24. mrcoop macrumors newbie

In Vegas also!

I'm prob gonna put it off until Vegas in May also as it saves about £100 on a 3G 64gb (remember you have to add sales tax in Vegas that puts 8.1% on the USA asking price!).

There is also an apple store in caesers palace forum shops it's midstrip and nearer to the MGM grand.

Maybe if tesco has some soon I may go for that ;/)

25. aibo82 macrumors 6502

I ordered mine 5pm Friday night got in the following morning at 9am! :D