Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

USC_Gamecock

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2004
HTX
iPX is a great phone for me. It may not be for everyone, but it's the direction Apple is going -- so people might as well accept it, or move to another ecosystem.

KONVICTED

Suspended
Oct 16, 2017
All the X haters will love it come next year when there is a Plus version. All the negatives surrounding the notch, Face ID, gestures, and OLED will suddenly vanish.
I'm typing this on my X, this is so damn beautiful i just can't stop using this thing. I am so excited about Plus version coming next year.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
All the X haters will love it come next year when there is a Plus version. All the negatives surrounding the notch, Face ID, gestures, and OLED will suddenly vanish.
There aren't many of them. Just a few hypocrites who shout louder than most, who will embrace the notch next year when their ego's are massaged by having the flagship phone back in their hands.

Predictable.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiveKitty

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Not sure how someone else's opinion would be close minded. If somebody is to choose between the iPhone and the Galaxy series, it comes down strictly to the software experience. Hardware is superficial that will wear off eventually, but everything else somebody is immersed into either Android or iOS.

It's the same reasoning that concludes if an article disagrees with your particular line of thought, then it's biased. :)

Lankyman

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2011
U.K.
Hahaha. Oh boy.... say no more.
Agree to disagree indeed then.

Absolutely. I'll keep my wallet happy, you've already made your decision.
[doublepost=1510935555][/doublepost]
It's the same reasoning that concludes if an article disagrees with your particular line of thought, then it's biased. :)

No it's not at all, though if you have to have it explained then - oh well.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom

As long as the price comes down and is competitive I’m sure my views will mellow. If it doesn’t, then I hope Apple put more effort into the 8 successor and give us the iPhone upgrade that we’ve been waiting for and is long overdue.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
As long as the price comes down and is competitive I’m sure my views will mellow. If it doesn’t, then I hope Apple put more effort into the 8 successor and give us the iPhone upgrade that we’ve been waiting for and is long overdue.

Makes sense. From those KGI reports, sounds like the 6.1 inch LCD phone may be a good fit.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Makes sense. From those KGI reports, sounds like the 6.1 inch LCD phone may be a good fit.

Hopefully then that’ll distract Apple and drive the prices down on the mainstream devices. I’ve got no interest in a device bigger than my 6S so I’m hoping maybe the X will perhaps be seen as the poor mans iPhone next year like many here refer the 8 as. At least it’ll offer the rest of Apples loyal consumers something to be a little bit enthusiastic about without taking the piss out of us with the price.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Hopefully then that’ll distract Apple and drive the prices down on the mainstream devices. I’ve got no interest in a device bigger than my 6S so I’m hoping maybe the X will perhaps be seen as the poor mans iPhone next year like many here refer the 8 as. At least it’ll offer the rest of Apples loyal consumers something to be a little bit enthusiastic about without taking the piss out of us with the price.

Yea, I hear ya. Cost is something I am not exactly sure how they will handle next year. I anticipate a slight reduction, but not much. 6.1 LCD for $799, 5.8 OLED for $899, and 6.4 OLED for $999 is my guess (or hope).

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Yea, I hear ya. Cost is something I am not exactly sure how they will handle next year. I anticipate a slight reduction, but not much. 6.1 LCD for $799, 5.8 OLED for $899, and 6.4 OLED for $999 is my guess (or hope).
If that is the pricing then I could live with that. I’d like to see a bezel-less LCD iPhone around the size of the current X with some of its features at a lower price. I’m not bothered paying more for OLED as I’m not a screen connoisseur anyway. I dread to think how big the actual phone would be with a 6.1” LCD?! The current Plus doesn’t fit in many of my pockets so that thing sounds like a monster.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Absolutely. I'll keep my wallet happy, you've already made your decision.
[doublepost=1510935555][/doublepost]

No it's not at all, though if you have to have it explained then - oh well.

I love when people say this. Why don't you explain it to me?

UnifiedMelody

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2017
Australia
The iPhone X made my iPhone 6S Plus feel way too big now that i think of it the reduction of bezels made it so if I lost my iPhone X or needed a replacement an iPhone 8 would be more suitable thanks to the size [relatively closer to each other dimension wise]... but I like the screen size, still wide enough for two handed use :)

mmcneil

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
No one is talking about the setup process, that is one of the coolest things, set your old phone next to the X and it is all automagically transferred with that cool verification process.

For me, the X is way cool, smaller and lighter than the 6+ and 7+ I have been carrying for three years, the best display ever and I am totally adapted to no home button. The real test seems that my wife, the technophobe, loves it too :)

Reactions: UnifiedMelody

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
If that is the pricing then I could live with that. I’d like to see a bezel-less LCD iPhone around the size of the current X with some of its features at a lower price. I’m not bothered paying more for OLED as I’m not a screen connoisseur anyway. I dread to think how big the actual phone would be with a 6.1” LCD?! The current Plus doesn’t fit in many of my pockets so that thing sounds like a monster.

Yea I think it's supposed to essentially look the same as an X, but with a large LCD. Unfortunately I think they are moving away from what you are looking for. Unless they do an SE style revision one day.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Yea I think it's supposed to essentially look the same as an X, but with a large LCD. Unfortunately I think they are moving away from what you are looking for. Unless they do an SE style revision one day.
I’m sure there’s something in the smartphone world that’ll suit if Apple can’t offer. I haven’t completely dismissed reluctantly moving to another platform next year.

My wife is an SE user and to be honest that phone saved my marriage. We both had iPhone 6’s at launch in 2014 and she complained about the size of it pretty much everyday of her contract. When the SE came out she snapped it up. We’re hoping they update that one. Her company issued her with an iPhone 6S Plus a couple of years ago and I kid you not it’s still in its cellophane in her desk drawer and probably written off now as the business contract has expired lol. Neither of us are fans of huge phones lol.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
I’m sure there’s something in the smartphone world that’ll suit if Apple can’t offer. I haven’t completely dismissed reluctantly moving to another platform next year.

My wife is an SE user and to be honest that phone saved my marriage. We both had iPhone 6’s at launch in 2014 and she complained about the size of it pretty much everyday of her contract. When the SE came out she snapped it up. We’re hoping they update that one. Her company issued her with an iPhone 6S Plus a couple of years ago and I kid you not it’s still in its cellophane in her desk drawer and probably written off now as the business contract has expired lol. Neither of us are fans of huge phones lol.

Haha well I am glad it all worked out in the end. I forget, have you used the X? Was it just the price that you don't like?

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Haha well I am glad it all worked out in the end. I forget, have you used the X? Was it just the price that you don't like?
I haven’t used it as I haven’t been near any shops displaying it or met anybody who owns it yet. The price is a shocker in the UK so I’ve had no real incentive to look at it. I’m sure it’s a great phone but yeah the price is the major turn off. I felt a bit let down by the iPhone 8 too as it seems like it’s been marketed as a second best after thought. Apple have disappointed me in their anniversary year if I’m honest.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
I haven’t used it as I haven’t been near any shops displaying it or met anybody who owns it yet. The price is a shocker in the UK so I’ve had no real incentive to look at it. I’m sure it’s a great phone but yeah the price is the major turn off. I felt a bit let down by the iPhone 8 too as it seems like it’s been marketed as a second best after thought. Apple have disappointed me in their anniversary year if I’m honest.

That's right, forgot about the prices in the UK. That sucks, probably the best option for you. Just throw it on a credit card and worry about it later. I am surprised they don't do monthly plans out there.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
That's right, forgot about the prices in the UK. That sucks, probably the best option for you. Just throw it on a credit card and worry about it later. I am surprised they don't do monthly plans out there.
Oh they do monthly plans, but they are £60 p/m and £500 at least up front for the X. My current iPhone cost me £190 up front and £30 p/m so it gives you an indication how sharply prices have shot up. The iPhone 8 can be had for a decent price though. I suppose I need to get over the need to be impressed and just think of it more as a tool.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Oh they do monthly plans, but they are £60 p/m and £500 at least up front for the X. My current iPhone cost me £190 up front and £30 p/m so it gives you an indication how sharply prices have shot up. The iPhone 8 can be had for a decent price though. I suppose I need to get over the need to be impressed and just think of it more as a tool.

Damnnnn, $80 a month and almost $700 up front. That's robbery. I'll pay $500 total for the life of my iPhone X. Maybe I can buy them over here and send them overseas for a profit somehow.

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Damnnnn, $80 a month and almost $700 up front. That's robbery. I'll pay $500 total for the life of my iPhone X. Maybe I can buy them over here and send them overseas for a profit somehow.
Yeah we are ripped off something chronic here. My brother lived in Florida but sold up everything including his business after the election last year. I’d consider him buying me one with AppleCare and shipping it back otherwise lol. I’m not desperate for one yet though. My 6S is still serving me well apart from iOS 11 destroying its battery life. I’ll wait until August before considering my options. :)

Reactions: DNichter
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.