Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple CEO Tim Cook confirmed in an interview with CBS Sunday Morning's John Dickerson that the company's Vision Pro headset remains on schedule for release in early 2024, and revealed that he's already using it on a regular basis.

When asked how he uses the upcoming headset, Cook said he watched "the entire third season of 'Ted Lasso' on the Vision Pro," and admitted there are "some things I have access to that other people don't have access to, so I'm doing that, but that I can't talk to you about."

Cook went on to say that the challenges Apple has faced creating the headset are "more complex" than making something like the iPhone, so it requires "more innovation, not only in the development but also in the manufacturing." However, the Apple chief batted away any suggestion that the company was facing production issues with the Vision Pro, saying the device was "on track" for a launch early next year.

In the course of the interview, Cook also touched on other topics including Apple's environmental initiatives (he hopes other companies "rip it off"), whether Apple should be advertising on X, formerly known as Twitter, when its owner Elon Musk has been accused of promoting anti-Semitism on the platform ("It's something we constantly ask ourselves"), and the post-pandemic return to working in the office.

In between a walk-and-talk around Apple's Austin, Texas campus, Cook was also filmed taking a sales call with a surprised customer. "The caller wanted to upgrade their iPhone," Cook later explained to Dickerson. When asked if he told her to hold out for the iPhone 15, Cook laughed. "I didn't exactly say that."

You can watch the full interview above or view it on YouTube here.

Article Link: Tim Cook Watched Entire Third Season of 'Ted Lasso' on Apple Vision Pro, Which Remains on Track for Early 2024

Last edited:

Burai

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2005
This is the prototype he used to be able to sit through Ted Lasso season 3:

iu

Contact_Feanor

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2017
Belgium
With the promised battery life you wouldn’t even be able to get through two full episodes on a single charge.
Especially since the newer episodes of that show are usually over an hour.
Instead of like 32 minutes as the first seasons episodes were
When I'm watching movies on my laptop, I usually keep them plugged in. When I'd be watching movies at home on a Vision device, I don't see any reason why I'd do it on battery (unlike, say, on a plane or -ahem- the toilet 🤣).

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
With the promised battery life you wouldn’t even be able to get through two full episodes on a single charge.
Especially since the newer episodes of that show are usually over an hour.
Instead of like 32 minutes as the first seasons episodes were

Plugged in you can, Vision Pro can be used while plugged in. Battery is dismal at only 2 hours tho, they really should increase that for the second gen.

chucker23n1

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2014
You’re supposed to be tethered to a power outlet, since you won’t be moving anyway when watching TV.

Sure. I can see watching an episode or two, for novelty's sake, but would you really watch an entire season that way? I'm sure Tim can afford to have a pretty nice home theater setup, so what's the big benefit?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.