Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boswald

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2016
Florida
And this is the very sad state of affairs in 2023. No real time live interaction with fellow humans or barring that, no time living in ones own mind without the distraction of the "device". Users with a 15 second attention span. And a huge number of people applaud this and want more and more. Zombies and very happy to be one. Shudder.....
While I agree to a degree, I don’t think it’s that simple. There’s a lot to be depressed about these days. If you can handle it, good for you. But a lot of people can’t and don’t seek help (for a variety of reasons).

boswald

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2016
Florida
I think it’s just another attempt to get VR off the ground. We’ve been trying to make it catch on and be more accessible over the past decades, but it’s only been (arguably) modestly successful. Sure, it’s Apple, but the foundation for the goggles is still the same. Maybe they can pull a rabbit out of a hat and change the landscape… maybe not. Time will tell.

t0rqx

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2021
He admitted he has access to certain stuff that some people do not? So the CEO of Apple has access to something that nobody else has?????😂

Appreciate it that he takes a customer call that is awesome. Hopefully he will do that more often without PR that would be awesome.

• Haha
Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

JGIGS

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2008
CANADA!
Sure. I can see watching an episode or two, for novelty's sake, but would you really watch an entire season that way? I'm sure Tim can afford to have a pretty nice home theater setup, so what's the big benefit?
It might be a lot more immersive maybe? Hard to say which is better till you actually use a Vision Pro to watch something. Which most of us haven't had the chance to yet.

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
It was always garbage, right along with the rest of the filth on AppleTV+. Not to say Netflix is any better...
I mean it was never great. I just thought that the character of Ted Lasso was endearing and refreshing during a period of COVID and everyone being miserable. I liked his optimism. Then he turned just as miserable as everyone. Everyone in the show is insufferable and for a show about soccer, it has almost no soccer in it.

JamesHolden

Cancelled
Dec 17, 2022
I’m definitely excited about Vision Pro. I’m hoping for a less expensive, non-pro version with twice the battery life.

The Spatial Video is really intriguing to me. 🤤
These kind of comments crack me up. I’m waiting for cheaper with more features… 😂 it’s a developer device… the non-pro version is coming soon….

Lol.

Don’t you think Apple would release a cheaper device if they could? Launching a new consumer electronics device starting at $3500 (remember, that’s just the starting price…) is going to put it out of reach for most people.

How is Apple going to make this thing cheaper? Remove cameras? Use lower quality screens? No spatial camera? There’s basically nothing they can cut to get the price down while keeping the baseline feature set they’ve established with the Pro.

This thing won’t be coming down in price much for a long time and it’s unlikely we’ll see a “consumer” model anytime soon.

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
All the people disagreeing with my post that the show is garbage ... I do have a sincere question. Why do you like watching garbage shows?

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
These kind of comments crack me up. I’m waiting for cheaper with more features… 😂 it’s a developer device… the non-pro version is coming soon….

Lol.

Don’t you think Apple would release a cheaper device if they could? Launching a new consumer electronics device starting at $3500 (remember, that’s just the starting price…) is going to put it out of reach for most people.

How is Apple going to make this thing cheaper? Remove cameras? Use lower quality screens? No spatial camera? There’s basically nothing they can cut to get the price down while keeping the baseline feature set they’ve established with the Pro.

This thing won’t be coming down in price much for a long time and it’s unlikely we’ll see a “consumer” model anytime soon.
I appreciate your kind and thoughtful response.

• Haha
Reactions: Mac_The_Ripper

SoldOnApple

macrumors 65816
Jul 20, 2011
How do you figure the 7 years time frame?
When did Apple ever introduce a product that took this long to catch on?
That’s what makes it so weird. The iPhone probably could have been introduced 2001, if Apple could mass produce it and charge $3,500 for it. Apple has to move fast on Vision because Facebook et al. are already moving in on this space. Apple doesn’t have the early mover advantage the iPhone had, without Vision Pro now they would be on the back foot of the future of consumer technology. Which means a bulky device no one would wear outside with one hour battery and $3,500 price tag.

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
So, I'm curious why he would consider a headset to be a great way to watch Ted Lasso.
That's a good point.

(I'd worry that watching an entire series that way is not very comfortable, but we'll see.)

Yeah, but Ted Lasso isn't.

I guess it's possible they filmed a 3D version of it, but that series seems like a poor fit.
he did say in the interview that there’s things he’s able to do/test that haven’t been revealed yet. so maybe he’s watching it in a more unique/special way that makes it fun or easier to watch?

he and many other people also love Ted Lasso so I feel like it’s not much of a chore to do what Tim did.

chucker23n1

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2014
he and many other people also love Ted Lasso so I feel like it’s not much of a chore to do what Tim did.

I watched the entire show and enjoyed almost every episode, but I guess I can't imagine a headset being the funnest way of experiencing it. So he's either… exaggerating for marketing effect, or there's another shoe to drop wrt/ AVP capabilities. Both are possible, I suppose.

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
I watched the entire show and enjoyed almost every episode, but I guess I can't imagine a headset being the funnest way of experiencing it. So he's either… exaggerating for marketing effect, or there's another shoe to drop wrt/ AVP capabilities. Both are possible, I suppose.
I wouldn’t be surprised AT ALL if he’s exaggerating lmao. we’ll see.

and I haven’t watched anything beyond S1E1 so far so I can’t say my thoughts on the show.

Damian83

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Messy way? Sure, their product lineup could be called messy and fragmented in some ways, but you do realize Apple's market cap is almost 3 trillion dollars right now?
Messy for customers, certainly not for shareholders. But i'm a customer not a shareholder...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.