Tracking says Delivered - No iPad!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by avediswolf, Mar 28, 2011.

1. avediswolf macrumors regular

avediswolf

So, This morning, we saw the iPad2 as "On FedEx Vehicle For Delievery" - So my girlfriend was quite excited, and decided to work from home, and wait for it.

Fast forward a few hours, I haven't heard anything from her, so look up the tracking info.

It's showing Delivered! Signed for by a H.Markum

She doesn't have the iPad, and neither of us have a clue who H.Markum is.

I'm a little disturbed at the moment.
    Going to stop by the FedEx place after work, and Inquire about it.

I have a gut feeling this isn't good.

2. poloponies macrumors 68030

If you look at the signature it's an anagram for M. Arkhum; so if I had to guess, the Joker made off with your iPad. He's devious.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If the person who signed is not you and you can clearly prove it is not, this will be made right. You will have to wait a bit longer though so be patient.

4. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

I would check mailboxes in your area for that last name. If any of them match I'd go ask them, but be immediately ready to call the cops when they prob slam the door in your face. That SUCKS. Keep us posted.

5. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

Oh no. You'll have to file a report and all that nonsense. Good luck!

6. ldobson macrumors regular

Order another one and this time be available to sign. Your new iPad will be with you in 3-4 weeks.

7. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Obviously, I'm assuming you don't live in a place where the front desk or similar will sign for your packages.

If no, contact FedEx immediately and get on top of it.

8. aicul macrumors 6502a

I would check what the legal obligations of fedex are. They change state from state, country from country. I know as a fact that in Switzerland a delivery to a "neighbour" is considered legit. However absurd that may seem.

Also check with what apple promises with its contractual on-line sales and delivery terms.

Just go prepared and ask the right person up-front, fedex, apple, whoever..

9. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Overnight a package to yourself with signature required and when the Fedex guy shows up tomorrow, punch him square in the face. :cool:

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It should be the same in the US unless there is some random state law. At worst, a police report should also solidify the OP's claim.

11. avediswolf thread starter macrumors regular

avediswolf

Read the entire post!

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Because my solution to everything is to pay for an item and when it doesn't reach me I buy another. Yup, that's what I always do. :rolleyes:

13. frenzo142 macrumors member

Wow, that sounds insane. How could FedEx give it to someone whose name would be completely different from the name on the package. Granted, of course, that the delivery folks do not ask for ID. So definitely the address on the package was wrong. I'd be hopping mad! :mad:

But so sorry to hear of this; I hope you will share with us what transpires.

Also, I'm assuming you live in a house (since you said your GF was staying home) --- and not an apartment building where packages would be delivered to a central location (leasing/operations office) and someone there would sign for it on your behalf? Just checking :p

14. avediswolf thread starter macrumors regular

avediswolf

No, It's a house address, and someone has been there all day waiting.
    I have a feeling they delieved it to the wrong address.
    We know most of our neighbors, and no one with that name.

Getting ready to leave work, and check in with FedEx.

15. gquiring macrumors regular

gquiring

I know this is a long shot but make sure your neighbor didn't sign for it. Sometimes when I am not home they deliver to a neighbors house.

16. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Why?! Go with the suggestion .jessica gave.

Attached Files:

17. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Sorry to hear that. Hope it works it itself out. I remember a few years back I had this same issue with Sprint and DHL. DHL delivered to the wrong house because Sprint had the wrong address. Sprint ended up sending me a another phone.

18. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Did you girlfriend even seen a FedEx truck go by your house today? If not, there might even be some "monkey business" with the delivery guy.....

19. Daddy-O macrumors newbie

I've had similar delivery issues in the past (not an iPad delivery though):

1) It showed delivered status, but the delivery guy didn't actually drop it off until later that day.

2) They "dropped it off" by placing at the garage door instead of on the front "covered" porch and we didn't see it until we left the house later.

3) Item was delivered to a similar nearby address - i.e. 4 Anystreet Ct vs. 4 Anystreet Dr (why our neighborhood gave them the same name is a mystery to me).

I hope it shows up for you soon!

20. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

^^^ DaddyO ... it was signed for ... not just dropped off

to the OP ...Good luck ... here's hoping it is a minor problem and you get your iPad

21. peaceActivist macrumors regular

peaceActivist

Funny, I've spoken with my fedex driver at work and he was saying how some people are shady enough at his work to say its delivered and then just drop it somewhere else (their car), most that happens to the driver is a slap on the wrist and they have to write up a report.

He also informed me that this is rampant lately because you can tell which box has an iPad in it...his words. He also said ALWAYS make sure it asks for a signature, even if it may be an inconvenience to be at home all day or whatever because that way its secured and the driver can't say delivered without the signature.

best of luck. i hope this isn't the case, but nowadays, you never know. I also asked him, in theory, couldn't someone accept the package and then say it wasn't delivered so they'd get 2 products sent to them for the price of one? He said..."it happens." lol

22. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

This is the most likely answer. The FedEx guy delivered it to the wrong house. M. Harkum signed for it. He's probably already called FedEx to let them know that he got someone else's package.

FedEx should send someone over to M. Harkum's house to pick up the unopened package and deliver it to your house tonight. After all, your GF stayed at home to sign for it. I would be surprised if a FedEx manager didn't go out of his way to do this.

23. frenzo142 macrumors member

I think the OP said his GF stayed home specifically to receive it. But anyway...

I find this so strange. And quite worrying. What if the package was something really important and personal, of extremely great value that could be misused if it landed in the wrong hands. I know that companies like FedEx and UPS etc. have great reputations. Hopefully there is some valid reason for this issue.

24. byeehaaw macrumors 6502

25. Bluej20 macrumors newbie

Fed EX did the same crap to me a little white back... they delivered my subwoofer to the wrong guy in my City... I called and complained... they then re-delivered it the next day.

I would Call right away. Both Apple and FED-EX Need to get involved.