Trolls in front of Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SnowLeopard2008, Sep 23, 2014.

1. SnowLeopard2008, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014

SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I was standing in line at the Apple Store today to pick up my iPhone 6. There was this guy (obviously paid by Samsung) who was spectating. He was lightly but deliberately mocking us about being sheep (in a passive-aggressive manner) and how Apple has brainwashed us into liking the iPhone 6. And then this guy casually slips in how his Samsung phone has removable memory, how it had a large screen for so long and spouting pro-Samsung comments. He also talked trash about Apple's infamous 1984 ad and how it referenced Microsoft when it talked about "Big Brother". I wasn't going to waste my breath on this guy but it was hard to not say that he was wrong and "Big Brother" refers to IBM not Microsoft.

The Apple Store staff were extremely professional. They could have intervened and asked him to leave. But they completely ignored him. They were eyeing him periodically; I think to make sure he wasn't a threat/danger to us. I overheard the person behind me (tried not to eavesdrop but he was literally talking into my ear) say that his friend was at the same Apple Store the day before with a different guy doing the same thing. And another person said he saw the same thing at a different Apple Store. Maybe some shady marketing tactic by Samsung? Or an over zealous group of Samsung fanboys? Who knows.

Just wanted to share a story. Please don't read into it. There is no lines and nothing between them.

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Wow, being paid to simply troll all day...

Where can I apply for that job? :p

3. 617aircav Suspended

4. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

5. SnowLeopard2008 thread starter macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I added this to my OP:

I overheard the person behind me say that his friend was at the same Apple Store the day before and saw a different guy say the same thiing with the same wording/phrasing. And another person in line said he waited at a different Apple Store and saw the same thing. Clearly it's not one person. It has to at least be a group of people. Whether they are employed by anyone to do this is unclear.

6. cnev3 macrumors 6502

You wont find iphone users hanging around the line for a galaxy s6 or a new htc one. They're content with what they have and dont need to go on a smartphone jihad to reassure their purchases.

Same reason why there are nowhere near as many iphone users posting on androidcentral forums than android users posting on the other devices subforum here.

7. BvizioN macrumors 601

BvizioN

In South Korea.

8. SnowLeopard2008 thread starter macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I agree. These people are SOOOOO insecure. It's because Android phones aren't as good as iPhones. :D

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Honestly, I would have said the same about an iPhone line before reading this. If it happened in an Apple line I wouldn't be surprised if this happens somewhere in an Android line (should one exist... I hear South Korea they were wildly popular). Apple users are just average people too; they come from all walks of life and I truly believe they are, on average, the same as any other smartphone user. They have their fair share of idiots, of this I have absolutely no doubt. Have a look at this forum. You might be able to find some. :)

10. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

You're not really any better for saying that as if it were fact. That's your opinion, and the opinion of others may vary from that. (I do get that this guy was on the extreme end, though.)

11. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

Some people are just opinionated. I was at the UPS store earlier today and the teller asked the guy in front of me if his phone was a 6 Plus. He balked and said, "It's not an i anything!" and then pulled out the stylus on his Note and said, "iPhones don't have this. This does stuff the iPhone could never do!" I then came up next to him to start my transaction in the next line, casually pulled out my space grey 6+, and began flipping through pages on Flipboard. Never said a word, but I noticed the guy stopped flapping his gums about Samsung pretty quickly.

12. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

You won't find a line for them to begin with.

13. SnowLeopard2008 thread starter macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

It was a joke/humor. If there were a specific smiley for that, I would have used it instead of the slightly less obvious grin smiley.

----------

I hear there are lines in South Korea. But that isn't really indicative of much since they are very nationalistic/patriotic. The market is very competitive, especially towards Japanese brands.

14. Vihzel macrumors 6502

I HIGHLY doubt he was actually paid by Samsung. It sounds like more of an Android zealot who had too much time on his hands. Also... South Koreans don't go physically abusing Japanese products. That one made me laugh. lol

Edit: Noticed you changed your comment. Alrighty then.

15. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

Honestly mate that line just made you sound insecure, hell the simple fact you made this thread and state that "obviously paid by samsung" does so.

Get a grip.

16. SnowLeopard2008 thread starter macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I'm also not wasting any more of my breath on you.

17. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Did you see the funny incident about the LG exec who was supposedly damaging Samsung washers? It gave me a good laugh. :) http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/14/us-samsung-elec-lg-elec-idUSKBN0H905W20140914

18. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

Yeap, i know your insecure ;)

19. SnowLeopard2008 thread starter macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

No but it seems SK companies sabotage each other.

20. Vihzel macrumors 6502

Congratulations. You read the other guy's response! Americans must all be nutcases based on the actions of Westboro Baptist Church.

21. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Dude, why you gotta call me out on this board, like that? :D

22. mjb59463 macrumors 6502

In response to the OP: it was probably the Samsung fanboys. These trolls/evangelists will go back under their bridges soon enough. And by that, I mean their mother's basements.

23. Rud3Bwoy Suspended

Rud3Bwoy

both of them =x

24. realeric macrumors 6502a

realeric

No, you can't. Samsung has been doing it for very long time. They
    use their full time employees only. I can't find the link but this man told the story.

25. SnowLeopard2008 thread starter macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

The source was Reuters. That's very reputable. Also your logic is flawed. You're judging an entire country and it's citizens based on one church with a reputation for extremism. In that specific comment you quoted, I'm judging two companies based on reputable news sources. Hardly the same. And I'm not even judging the employees of both companies, just the upper management whose job is to be aware of stuff like that.