Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

geesus

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2015
I used a USB C male to USB A male or USB C male cable (I think it needs to be USB 3.1 spec too), to attach the ATV to a Mac. Then you use iTunes to restore back to 11.2.5. I had to download the .ipsw file from the internet though, as the Apple TV recovery server was constantly reported as unreachable by iTunes.

Ah so you can only do it with the ATV then not the 4K?

Joseph C

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2009
Anyone find the “time remaining” part on the video timeline is broken? For me it’s stuck on whatever the total duration is.

idntknw

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2012
This is the first time I've tried a beta and was able to enroll and install it. But now when I go to software updates there isn't the get beta updates option. Is this normal?

geesus

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2015
Anyone find the “time remaining” part on the video timeline is broken? For me it’s stuck on whatever the total duration is.

Yes, this is the same for me.

This is the first time I've tried a beta and was able to enroll and install it. But now when I go to software updates there isn't the get beta updates option. Is this normal?

Don't know if it is normal, but the option has disappeared for me too and I've been on the beta program for ages.

Reactions: Tarheels23

Starship67

Suspended
Oct 28, 2017
LA
Happened to me but just leave it on the Software Update page and you'll see it starts picking up the new beta if you have the dev profile

Im not on the dev for ATV just use the public so maybe I have to wait until 1pm its weird never disappeared before.

geesus

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2015
I'm not gonna be happy if the option doesn't come back as it will mean being stuck with this incredibly buggy first beta until the official release.

priitv8

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2011
Estonia
I’m pretty sure you can do it wirelessly with an ATV4K and Xcode installed but I’ve never tried it and don’t have a 4K to test with.
I have tried, but have not been able to find a way to update firmware wirelessly on aTV 4K

Diemenz

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2015
I updated to beta 2 on an ATV4 and the pause button is working again as is the apple music app.

HOWEVER my ATV4k does not find the update to beta 2 and is still on beta 1. I reinstalled the dev profile and rebooted and it still made no difference to the ATV4k updating to the newest beta.

Has anyone successfully updated to 15L5175d on an ATV4K?

RamGuy

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
Norway
AirPlay keeps being completely borked, just like with BETA1. If you select another AirPlay Speaker as output, or try to group multiple as output playback will work but you can't change it afterwards. If I select my bedroom Apple TV as output on my living room Apple TV it will work just fine. But if I then try to select back to using my living room instead of my bedroom or any other source for that matter it will claim to change the output but I won't get any audio anywhere. I have to reboot the Apple TV in order to get audio playback working again.

AirPlaying from iOS doesn't work either. Trying to AirPlay from YouTube for instance will have the video still playing on the iOS devices but audio is being played on the Apple TV completely out of sync. Same was the case with BETA1.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
I updated to beta 2 on an ATV4 and the pause button is working again as is the apple music app.

HOWEVER my ATV4k does not find the update to beta 2 and is still on beta 1. I reinstalled the dev profile and rebooted and it still made no difference to the ATV4k updating to the newest beta.

Has anyone successfully updated to 15L5175d on an ATV4K?

I did. I left mines on Software Update page and it automatically downloaded the beta and promoted me to install.

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
I have the installer profile on my AppleTV 4K, I have beta 1, which has been running terribly for me, Beta 2 still won't show up for me. I don't know what to do. If someone could help me out, that would be great.

AustinJerry

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2013
Austin, Texas
After also having the “Get Beta Updates” disappear from the Updates screen, it just returned. But when I click “Update Software”, it says I am current. Where does it tell me that I have the new beta 2? The About screen shows 11.3 (15L5164e).

BTW, I am also seeing an updated Netflix app.

Diemenz

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2015
I talked with Apple support and I was told it hasn’t deployed to 4K devices yet. Which obviously isn’t true as we have a guy in this thread who said his updated.

I don’t know what to think.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
After also having the “Get Beta Updates” disappear from the Updates screen, it just returned. But when I click “Update Software”, it says I am current. Where does it tell me that I have the new beta 2? The About screen shows 11.3 (15L5164e).

BTW, I am also seeing an updated Netflix app.

Public beta isn't out today but maybe tomorrow
I talked with Apple support and I was told it hasn’t deployed to 4K devices yet. Which obviously isn’t true as we have a guy in this thread who said his updated.

Interesting. Have you tried pulling the power cord, wait a bit, plug it back in? Or you can enable Get Beta Updates and wait till tomorrow for public beta

Diemenz

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2015
Unfortunately checking get beta updates is not an option as the tab is no longer present.

Michelasso

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2012
Treviso, Italy

I have installed (the still broken) 11.3 beta 2 in my ATV 4K (in Italy if that matters) last night at around 8:20 pm CET.

Usually it doesn't show immediately the "get betas" flag, but as soon as I click "update" it appears. Or maybe just waiting a couple of seconds. Instead I can't access the developer options anymore because 11.3 isn't supported by Xcode 9.2. I should install Xcode beta as well.

geesus

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2015
My beta updates option has reappeared this morning for what it’s worth. Phew.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.