[UK] iPad 2 "Three" Orders

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bradison, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Bradison macrumors regular

Hi guys, just thought I'd see if anyone else has ordered through Three, either online or instore.

After checking multiple stores every day, I chose to order online as the delivery date was set for the 8th April. I chose the 32GB White model, with 15GB data allowance.

It's now Wednesday (two days before scheduled delivery date) and I'm expecting an email saying that it's been dispatched today. I have been on the website since ordering and the delivery dates have changed to the 25th April.

If you have ordered through them, what's your status?

2. steve5424 macrumors member

I ordered over the phone on Monday and was told there was stock. I ordered the 16Gb 3G in white.

I was promised delivery by thursday, however I just got off the phone and apparently the order got stuck? So she put it through again and am now being told it should be with me by Friday.

3. Bradison thread starter macrumors regular

I see, thanks for the info. What number did you ring? Might give them a call later on. By the sounds of it the stock was there ready to be sent if she said it should be with you on Friday.

4. steve5424 macrumors member

I got told on Monday that there was a delivery expected that morning so it should have been sent out to me.

I just called the number on the website under contact us for Mobile broadband.

5. Bradison thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks again, I got talking to one of the customer service blog moderators on the Three Blog. He's investigating my order now.

6. steve5424 macrumors member

Let me know how you get on. I might need his help.

7. Bradison thread starter macrumors regular

Haven't heard anything from him - he said he'll email me once he has details but I'll post on the blog again. Sigh.

No dispatch email yet either.

8. steve5424 macrumors member

I found the blog and have also left a comment for them to see if they can help me out.

Also no dispatch email still and was promised I would have it by today!

9. Bradison thread starter macrumors regular

A bit disappointing, would absolutely love to return home from work and see the delivery there but I'm really not expecting it this week. Not sure what to do if they miss their agree'd delivery date?

10. steve5424 macrumors member

Same here but probably won't happen. Noticed the Three site is quoting the 20th for first delivery now, when you select the 16Gb iPad 2.

I think a bit of communication would go a long way in this situation.

I would be expecting my delivery fee to be waived and maybe some other compensation.

11. Bradison thread starter macrumors regular

Did you pay for delivery then? I didnt.... was under the impression that all of Three's deliveries were free.

But yeah, I'd rather there be a communication fault and the iPad to arrive tomorrow rather than communicaton + handling fault and it not arriving at all. The money was taken rom my account almost instantly too, doesn't normally leave until it's been dispatched.

12. steve5424 macrumors member

I was told that a £1.99 delvery charge would be added to my bill.

I think a free smart cover or something might be a good idea if they don't get our iPads delivered by the end of this week.

I was told on Monday that they had stock delivered and it was at the warehouse ready to be sent out. Seems that was a total lie.

13. Bradison thread starter macrumors regular

Wouldn't be surprised. I got an update from Kaz on the three blog:

"@Brad – I have just chased to see what is happening with your order. Really sorry for the delay, I will get back to you asap."

Seems like he forgot to yesterday... :rolleyes:

14. Bradison thread starter macrumors regular

I love how we're both harassing him for answers on the blog, Steve :cool:

It seems like he's emailed someone and awaiting a reply. Guess he doesn't want to deal with their foreign customer service call centres either? :p

15. Bradison thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just a final update, got an email from Three, it's been delayed. Quite annoyed really...

16. steve5424 macrumors member

I've also been harrassing the ThreeUK twitter team this afternoon.

Still not got any info.

What date did they give you?

17. Bradison thread starter macrumors regular

The email read:

"Dear Bradley

Thank you for your recent order.

We are sorry that your order will be slightly delayed and we are doing our best to ensure that the delay is minimal. Once your goods are ready for despatch, we will email you with confirmation of the delivery date.

Best wishes,

The customer service team at 3."

I will be furious if it doesn't arrive until the 20th. I only ordered online with them because they had the delivery date set as Friday the 7th.

18. steve5424 macrumors member

Thats a pointless email as it doesn't tell you roughly when to expect a delivery.

Including ourselves I am now aware of a third person promised delivery by tomorrow and he has not been given any info either.

Poor show by Three.

19. Bradison thread starter macrumors regular

Very poor show.. Really disappointed tbh. If it wasn't such a good deal and if there was stock in my local store then I would request the order to be cancelled and go and buy it in store.

I'm happy to receive the iPad and never have to deal with their services again.

20. steve5424 macrumors member

Well I actually got a call back from the foreign call centre there and the guy told me there is a shortage of iPad 2 at the moment.(like I didn't already know that)

He went on to tell me that they should find out be the weekend when the next lot will be coming.

I tried to tell him that I was told when I ordered it that I was promised to get it by today as a delivery had been made of iPads to them so there was stock for me.

He gave me the option of waiting or cancelling. I decided to just wait as their data offer is better than any of the other networks and I know I get a good signal everywhere as been with them for a long time already. Apparently I will get a further call back on Saturday evening with an update.

Its just not good enough though that they already took the money from my account!

21. Bradison thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Ah, it's worth waiting it out I just hate being told something and then it no happening.

Got an email off kaz:

"Hi Brad

I have just confirmation that you should get delivery of your iPad by next Tuesday latest. If you have any more issues, please contact our customer services department.

Hope this has answered your question.

Regards
    Kaz"

Looks hopeful, won't be expecting it on Tuesday though.

22. steve5424 macrumors member

Well good luck and o hope yours does actually come by Tuesday. I won't be expecting to gwt mine anytime soon. Seem as they still have told me what my order number is, so no one seems to be able to help me.

23. caudax macrumors newbie

I too am in the same position and I'm extremely angry that three have taken my money in the knowledge that they have no stock to send out. I was promised delivery on Friday 8th April and called yesterday to ensure this was still the case. I was told that it still said 8th April on my account. Surely they knew by yesterday that they had no stock.

The person I spoke to today at three's customer services dept. told me that Apple had informed them TODAY that stocks would be delayed and that they are not expecting stock in until 19th April. That means another two weeks wait. I only ordered online because of the date of delivery I have now missed the opportunity to get one from a High Street store who called me to say they had received stock (I had already ordered online, having been satisfied with the delivery date). If three had not already taken the money I could now be in a position to find an Ipad 2 at a three store and then cancel the online one. Because the money has already been taken (wrongly in my opinion) that option is no longer open. I think three have treated us all atrociously.

24. Bradison thread starter macrumors regular

Caudax, looks like we ordered for the exact same reason. The customer service guy said no later than Tuesday so if it's the same story next Wednesday I'll be cancelling the order.

25. caudax macrumors newbie

Unfortunately, I have a feeling it will be the same story. The person I spoke to was not so re-assuring that it would be next week! According to him, Apple have apparently told them 19th April. I really think that taking the money is very bad practice though.

Good luck!