Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What model are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gadget.guy

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
Yorkshire
this is the longest its taken amazon to cancel an obvious price glitch well the ones i've been involved with.

I wasn't going to upgrade at all this year as i'm waiting for the 120hz refresh rate upgrade but the price was a no brainer

If they do cancel now 5 days after ordering i'll want more than the usual 10 pound voucher sorry email it'll have to be higher i'll just say no stock available anyway so i won't be getting the phone blah blah

I do have multiple pre orders with them though xbox x ps5 and accessories games etc just in the next couple of weeks alone so i'm hoping i have abit of leverage when getting some free vouchers lol

Reactions: limesmoothie

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
This whole thread is turning into a phone case thread once again... every year. I just don’t get the people buying a case for their brand new phone, it’s like buying a nice leather sofa and then put a plastic cover on top of it?! What’s the point.

I totally understand your point of view but some of us are just too nervous about damaging our expensive iPhones, even those of us who have AppleCare+.

I’m very careful with my possessions because I like them to look as good as new. Can’t bear dings, dents and scratches. Unfortunately accidents do happen and my nerves couldn’t stand it if I were to use a very droppable item such as an iPhone without protection, particularly outside. I really wish that I didn’t care so much.

duckduckgoose

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2009
Incase anyone is with giffgaff it looks like you need to order a 5G sim. This seemed to come online on their website today. Take 2 days to arrive.... Just in time.

Last edited:

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
To all those people who are worried about their amazon order, why don't you talk to Amazon live chat? Just asked them what the ETA is, if they say its 100% coming then hold that against them if they cancel. Don't make it obvious that you got it at a cheaper price but just be subtle about it

...how long were they advertising the incorrect price then?

ranho

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2015
Hi everyone, I am looking for a silicone-type case that has a slight bump in the screen part. I have seen the post on the cases and I thought the Nudient might be like this? I just don't want to pay 50£ for the apple one or add something more bulkier like the dbrand one.

If anyone has a suggestion please let me know. Thanks

Pog2005

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2012
To all those people who are worried about their amazon order, why don't you talk to Amazon live chat? Just asked them what the ETA is, if they say its 100% coming then hold that against them if they cancel. Don't make it obvious that you got it at a cheaper price but just be subtle about it

I probably wouldn't want to do this, because it draws more attention and raises questions - which could jeopardise them actually fulfilling?

My Amazon account still has my 128GB 12 Pro as being due for delivery on Saturday.

They still haven't put the 12 Pros back on sale on the site at the correct price, which I find strange.

If they were going to cancel, surely they'd send us cancellation messages and relist the phones at the correct price.

Or, I wonder whether Apple are angry at this cock-up and are withholding stock?!

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
If I’m trading in what do Apple need back? I have my box and probably charger too, but will have use the lightning cable because those things are not durable

if I don’t need any of that I can just throw out the box in the recycling

gadget.guy

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
Yorkshire
i personally wouldn't contact them at all but obviously for others who have multiple orders from different suppliers then i can see your point in wanting to get firm information about whats happening.

One thing you learn when you do see a price glitch is just cross your fingers and hope if it happens nice surprise if it doesn't get on LC complain and try get a freebie out of them.

justin.d

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2017
UK
Those fingerprint marks :eek:

yep, that settles it for me. if i get one this year, it'll be the mini in black.

my X in an apple leather case weighs 196g, which is just a little too heavy for my liking. the 12 pro weighs 187g before adding a case, so probably ~ 210g after. my girlfriend has a 6, and whenever i've picked it up i've found it much more comfortable! the mini only weighs 4g more than that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.