Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Which Model are you getting?

• Total voters

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
for anyone who is upgrading with Apple directly on IUP... would you mind letting me know how it goes on Friday.. want to try take a note of the steps this year! :D

Reactions: Dino F

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
MR front page:

looks like the same pics for the tweet shared earlier in this thread..still thinking the one for me is the one marked #3.. and top right in this pic

iphone-13-case-color-leak.jpg

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
...isn't it ironic that since Steve Jobs (or whoever it was!!) announced years ago that Apple were, "......doubling down on security" in order to stop the leaks, every year we actually get more and more!!!!!
such a massive ecosystem surrounding apple and its products... impossible with its size they can keep a lid on it all.

people out there whose lively wood is predicting what apple do... let alone the YouTube and twitter 'leakers'.

• Love

MadAngelUK

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2012
MR front page:

I'm intrigued by the 'new' silicone translucent cases, also that we're not seeing many visible magsafe markings inside or out...

After pacific blue I think I'm going back to incognito with the anticipated matte black, with a black case to match (not 100% sure charcoal will cut it), but if these new translucent cases are a non-slip alternative to the current clear case then I might be up for another colour variant of the 13 pro max this year! decisions decisions!

nwlondonlad

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
UK London
Out of interest what do people do with their old cases when they upgrade?

I always get an Apple leather case but I can't imagine there is a decent market for 2nd hand cases

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK

I always get an Apple leather case but I can't imagine there is a decent market for 2nd hand cases

....I doubt there is a market at all - who would want to buy a second phone case which has been in someone else's hands for the past year??!

?

Certainly not me!!!!!!!

Supersonicc

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2016

FleaBay is my preferred option if selling original Apple cases, I give mine a full anti-bac wipe down and sell on when seller fees are reduced.

I never believe an old Apple case will sell but they always find a buyer so the demand is out there - I also think a lot of people don't want to front up & pay full Apple retail prices for their cases making 2nd hand a good alternative option.

The case that I've always sold on well on the second hand market is Saddle Brown leather as leather buyers love the 'patina' on it after a 1 year!

Hoping I can find a buyer for my immaculate White 12PM silicone case later this month post upgrade!

Couple of tips if you do want to sell on is to ensure you take decent photos and always hang on to the Apple case packaging with receipt as that helps give buyers the mindset that you've looked after the case. Plus you can advertise it easily as an 100% original Apple case.

Otherwise CEX etc. are prob easier but less £ return.

Personally, I only buy new cases though but thats just me.

Reactions: nwlondonlad

Supersonicc

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2016
Haha yes very true! Won’t be long that the cut out is so big it might as well be the old bumper case!

(Unless that 14 leak is true!)

Yes, if the 14 renders are actually that slick, the case should be flat as a pancake with no bulging and ugly camera bump opening! We can only hope right now!!

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
I had the gold XS in the Forest Green leather case, that was peak iPhone for me.
Peak iPhone leather cases for sure, have lately been disappointed in the colour options - the 11 Pro only offered one actual new colour in its entire lifespan for the standard leather case (Meyer Lemon at launch and then nothing new in springtime), while the 12 although California Poppy was nice, I thought the sole new Deep Violet colour from Spring was a bit underwhelming.

I hope we get some really nice Leather Case colours this year :)

lewchenko

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2004
Looking at those pictures of the cases I hope they are fake. Having the cameras stick out so much that even the case has a bump to accommodate them is terrible.
Hate the fact that I need a case on my 11 Pro Max to stop it wobbling on a flat surface as it is
And it may be that these 13’s will not lay flat even with a case!

My 11 Pro Max might have to last another year till those beautiful 14’s with no bumps or notches come out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.