Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

What model are you getting?

• Total voters

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
Happy New Year folks (feels a bit late saying that now). Glad to see there’s life still in this thread.

Ultra for £699.00 for Costco Members.

Great deal… picked up an Ultra recently from eBay after shattering my Series 7. Paid slightly more than this but was able to get the Black/Grey trail loop which isn’t as heavily discounted.

Overkill for my needs but I love it! Didn’t want to settle for a Series 8 if some of the Ultra features are going to trickle down to Series 9 in just 8 months or so anyway.

Reactions: Sal09

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Offerings at local TK Maxx. I was tempted to get yellow woven strap but i got far too many already.

27C89A0B-1FBB-4663-BE75-1066152EB244.jpeg

B227AD6E-FB3C-4188-9494-AB85351086DD.jpeg

gadget.guy

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
Yorkshire
all ok so far
cheers for the reply

it seems to come and go works fine for abit then refuses to play and freezes and then asks for passcode
only started after the 16.3 update i'll see how it goes

if it continues i may have to redo face id then hmmm

i was kinda hoping it was an upgrade glitch and apple would fix it

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
Set up advanced data protection this morning and set up a recovery key, wondering where to keep it to make it safe from being lost, it's just written down on a piece of scrap paper at the moment... 😆

cdrider

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2012
Set up advanced data protection this morning and set up a recovery key, wondering where to keep it to make it safe from being lost, it's just written down on a piece of scrap paper at the moment... 😆
Take a photo of it then store it in something like OneDrive Vault or somewhere in the cloud you can password protect it.

nwlondonlad

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
UK London
I almost never use a screen protector but my god this 14 PM is a scratch magnet. Tons of scratches on the surface. I don’t keep it with Keys and mostly work from home so it’s rare that it’s my pockets. None of the scratches are deep but they are a plain to see especially in the sunlight.

Anyone else without a screen protector noticing more scratches than usual?

danb1979

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2015
Preston, Lancs - UK
new MacBook Pro's incoming?!

who's in the market? I can't say I am with me M1 Pro atm..

though did recently buy a new wifi 6E mesh set up so naturally need a 6E Mac for it... 🤣

Nope. M1 Mac Mini & my M1 MBA for work.

Got the M2 iPad Pro 12.9 in Friday as my standard iPad was showing its age and I fancied getting the bigger screen for a change. Great for reading magazines and Real Racing 3 haha 😂

My M1 Macs fly, so the M2 would be upgrading for upgrading sake etc

cdrider

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2012
I almost never use a screen protector but my god this 14 PM is a scratch magnet. Tons of scratches on the surface. I don’t keep it with Keys and mostly work from home so it’s rare that it’s my pockets. None of the scratches are deep but they are a plain to see especially in the sunlight.

Anyone else without a screen protector noticing more scratches than usual?
No, but I put a protector on it as soon as it came out of the box for just this reason. I remember the first phones with Ceramic Shield (the 12?) being reported as scratching easier so didn't take a chance.

danb1979

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2015
Preston, Lancs - UK
No, but I put a protector on it as soon as it came out of the box for just this reason. I remember the first phones with Ceramic Shield (the 12?) being reported as scratching easier so didn't take a chance.

This!

As soon as I unboxed my previous 13 Pro Max and my current 14 Pro Max, I fitted them with a Spigen tempered glass protector... The EZ fit ones make it a doddle too...

I've rough hands and fingers from using chalk in training etc. There's no way I'd ever run a phone without a screen protector

danb1979

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2015
Preston, Lancs - UK
MM always take the piss with their prices... But then again some folk are that desperate to sell and you can see why MM make good money!

I'll never use them again; bought 3 phones off them a good year or so back; supposed to be Pristine, they weren't, at all!

Unless they employed Ray Charles at that time; they just try it on

Amazon Renewed is just as bad!

MrJM

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2012
Anyone else having battery issues? The battery on my 14 Pro is awful. It’s not even lasting a day and that with just over 4 hours screen time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.