Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
12:01 is the time going round.

It's 12:01am Pacific Time according to this website but is that for the USA alone?

If that's the time internationally, then it's 8:01am for us.

----------

but what time were people queuing outside the t/centre waiting for their doors to open?

I don't believe that they were. As I said, people were allowed to queue outside the store itself hours before.

I doubt that there will be massive queues this year.

Iphone3gs

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2009
http://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/how-to-buy/

Available in store at 8:00*am on 14 October.
Come into the Apple Retail Store, and we’ll help you choose the best carrier and rate plan. Then we’ll get your iPhone up and running before you leave the store.

Pre-order online from*7*October.
Order from the Apple Online Store or by calling 0800 048 0408. Choose a carrier and plan, and we’ll ship your iPhone free for delivery from 14 October. Learn more

madmads

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2008
UK
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

So if it's 8.01am here, I might just make that. However I'll be suspicious and end up staying up all night anyway!! Lol

knuster

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2009
Why cant we preorder online for instore pickup this year??
That sucks!

Now i will have to start queing even earlier this year :(
Regent street or covent garden...hmmm....dont know yet.

lukepowell1988

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2011
Aylesbury,Bucks
Im currently on t-mobile but they don't support bt open zone WiFi

so im gonna treat myself to an unlocked 64gb iphone 4s and decided to take a sim only with orange £25 pm 600 mins unlimited texts 500mb of data and wifi

more than enough for my needs

is anyone currently on orange there customer service seems very good is there general coverage for 3g and speeds any good?

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Thansk for the info in this thread guys.

if anyone is interested and you have a slightly battered 3GS that you just want rid of, Mazuma are offering £130 for it. o2 will also match this and keep that price valid for 14days. That should hopefully pay for part of the phone on a contract.

http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/recycle/

gazzrenn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Blackpool, UK
I really can't decide if I should queue at Trafford on 14th (which is my birthday :( ) or risk the pre-order on 7th for delivery on 14th....

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK

so im gonna treat myself to an unlocked 64gb iphone 4s and decided to take a sim only with orange £25 pm 600 mins unlimited texts 500mb of data and wifi

is anyone currently on orange there customer service seems very good is there general coverage for 3g and speeds any good?

I think I'll get an unlocked 64GB (possibly in white?) and an O2 sim free contract! I looked at Orange but they're a couple of £ more expensive I think.

troubleonline

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland
Hope O2 release details of their early upgrade option for existing customers soon. I took advantage of that last year to get an iPhone4 on the 18 month contract just before the offer expired. I sold my 3GS on ebay and was quids up - especially as O2 credited my account with the £80 early upgrade fee meaning I then got nearly 2 months free line rental :D. Doubt I'll be that lucky again!

Hoping to get a white 64GB as a change for my current black 32GB which is not enough anymore for all my photos and music! Was really hoping for a 64gb model so am happy :)

Just so happens have a provisional holiday planned for next Friday ;)

SimonTheSoundMa

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2006
Birmingham, UK
I'm going to hold out for contract pricing. Time to dump O2, their network is awful. Time to go to Three, they may pull of contracts like last year, £35/month, £99 handset, same minutes, texts and data which only others could do on £70/month contracts.

Bodycalming

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2009
London.
I've just had a 3GS so this is a big deal for me :D

An even bigger deal for me, got the iPhone 4 on launch day, gave it back 5 days later got a full refund (Dropped Calls), have been using my iPhone 3G ever since. So for me this 4s is a huge leap,:D:D unless I have to return the 4s.:mad::mad:

Nahemah

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2011
What are the chances of the iPhone selling out on the first day? I'm thinking of buying it sim-free in an Apple Store but I'm not from the UK so I'd travel just for that purpose :)

flyzzle

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Early Upgrade 02

From past experience, does anybody know whether 02 offers their early upgrade feature on the same days as the pre-orders online, or will I have to wait until the 14th and then possibly have to go and queue up (which I can't do on the 14th :/)

I hate the way that 02 remains annoyingly inconspicuous until usually the day before release.

Catch

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2004
London, UK

I changed from O2 to Orange because of much better coverage where I have my office in London and my house outside Oxford. I had been with O2 for over 10 years, but Orange has been brilliant so far for me. It may depend on where you live ofc...

Have a nice day,

C

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
I changed from O2 to Orange because of much better coverage where I have my office in London and my house outside Oxford. I had been with O2 for over 10 years, but Orange has been brilliant so far for me. It may depend on where you live ofc...

Have a nice day,

C

Hey you live just outside Oxford you say... Have you been to Oxford itself much? What was O2s and Oranges 3G services like there if you have been. I live there atm but my O2 phone is so old it doesn't have 3G so I can't tell :p.

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2011
How much? I saw the USA prices last night and thought this phone was a downgrade, they're far cheaper than the ip4.

----------

I'm on Orange and although it connects up to BT Open Zone, it has never worked in all the time I've had it, and I'm not alone, check the app store for Orange customers dissatisfaction. It's rubbish, and their 3G is painfully slow too. Unless on WiFi, don't go there. Where are you based?

Cancelled
Apr 14, 2008
Hey Guys,
I'm with Orange. Can anyone remember if they offered early upgrade pricing to customers last year? I have the iPhone 4 on a 24 month contract which I signed up to on release day. Upgrade is officially in March 2012 but just wondering what they did last year.

----------

How much? I saw the USA prices last night and thought this phone was a downgrade, they're far cheaper than the ip4.

----------

I'm on Orange and although it connects up to BT Open Zone, it has never worked in all the time I've had it, and I'm not alone, check the app store for Orange customers dissatisfaction. It's rubbish, and their 3G is painfully slow too. Unless on WiFi, don't go there. Where are you based?

I have to say, my 3G varies on where I am. In Barry, it sucks. In work (Treforest) it's amazingly fast. My BT Open Zone didn't work but after resetting my password it works like a charm! Not hassle free though, but then BT never is!

PhantomZone

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2009
I'll be pre-ordering and waiting for it to arrive this year....no way I'm loosing half a day queuing again :rolleyes:

iPaddy

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2009
Sold my iPhone last Saturday for £315 - bought on launch day so not too bad.

I wonder what vodafones early upgrade is like? Got the 2 year contract on launch day so have about 8 months left, and according to my online account, I can upgrade in December.
Wonder if they'll let me pay extra for upgrading two months early.

That or I go for sim free, but at £499 - even with my iP4's £315 that's pretty pricey, especially as I wanted to upgrade to 32gb.

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
Is this HSDPA double download speed stuff they mentioned going to work on the UK networks? I read that it only works with GSM networks so it should, right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.