Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

l3uddz

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
I don't get 4g in my area, but at home where I never got 3g signal, iPhone 7 is picking it up, so happy days 4 me. Hope three sort it out for you guys though, then they can get back to work on WiFi calling and visual voicemail.

Batnun

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2012
London
Same problem here, iPhone 7, 256GB, A1778, Carrier setting 25.1

Spoke with Three, they asked for my office's postcode, than told me they're having problem in this area.
They got a bit confused when I said I have the problem at home...

I checked with the guy next to me in the office (also on Three, but iPhone 6) - his phone stays on 4G, getting around 12Mb/s.

4G coming back for a short period of time after I reboot the phone, but even then I'm getting 0.22Mb/s download speed on the Speedtest app :( and it's going back to 3G after a bit.

KooL BeAnZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
Carrier Update in iOS 10.1, it's been updated to 25.5 (up from 25.1), will report back my results after I've used it for a while

Same,

It has been a lot better since updating yesterday.

Probably 80% or so more 4G connection!
[doublepost=1474525826][/doublepost]
Does the 10.1 beta fix this for anyone?

EDIT: Post above...great minds

Mine has definitely improved.

Reactions: shiftywxm

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
Poops, i thought I had fixed my 4g problem by resetting network settings but its gone back to 3g again, not impressed.

just reset again and it back. This is ridiculous can't keep doing this.

Last edited:

ekrueger24

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
London, UK
Like all of you, tried resetting settings and rebooting my phone this morning thinking it would magically start connecting and working, but alas, shows 4G for a few minutes then kicks me back to 3G. Not that big of a deal personally while at home because of wifi, but when I am at the office I don't like my phone connected to the office wifi so it can be quite the bother there. Hope it does get sorted out sooner rather than later.

Mercenary

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
I do love three. Best network I've been with but evertime to you call support there always seems to be a fault in your area. Which only affects your phone and no one else's

cperchard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
I just noticed this this morning cos on my desk at work I always have a solid 4G but noticed yesterday and today it's been 3G......I solved it by going to carrier settings, turning automatic off, connected to 3 manually, then went back to automatic on, then went in to aeroplane mode, then turned that off and its stayed on 4G ever since it reconnected.

Hope this helps, try it.

It's annoying but I have to do this every day, but it always works...for some reason I have to connect to both 3 options manually, 3G and the non 3G before then going back to automatic, and then turning aeroplane mode on and off. But doing this every day always works and it lasts the day.

Attachments

• IMG_0170.PNG
    IMG_0170.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 199

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
It's annoying but I have to do this every day, but it always works...for some reason I have to connect to both 3 options manually, 3G and the non 3G before then going back to automatic, and then turning aeroplane mode on and off. But doing this every day always works and it lasts the day.
Can't find these options.

jas07

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2011
Good News!

Three Level 3 have just rang me back and amazingly it was actually someone that knew what they were talking about!

He said they're fully aware of the 4G issue with the iPhone 7 and they have already escalated it to Apple and they're awaiting a fix, he couldn't give me a time frame but said "all the cogs are turning"

Well done to everyone that's reported it to Three as well!

Mercenary

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
Good News!

Three Level 3 have just rang me back and amazingly it was actually someone that knew what they were talking about!

He said they're fully aware of the 4G issue with the iPhone 7 and they have already escalated it to Apple and they're awaiting a fix, he couldn't give me a time frame but said "all the cogs are turning"

But I thought we were all in an area which just so happens to be undergoing maintenance at the moment

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
I received a carrier update this morning, anyone else?

EDIT: iOS 10, but iPhone 6.. I think

drunkenmonkey87

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
Glasgow UK
Just tweeted Three about this issue as well glad to see I'm not alone! I've noticed if my carrier says 3 UK I get 4G however only had it once or twice since getting the new phone. If it just says 3 I only ever get 3G even having previously got 4G on "3".

I'm on 10.1 carrier settings 25.5. 7 Plus.

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
Good News!

Thanks for the update

Laidlow34819

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2011
Good News!

Awesome news. Thanks for the update!

S3rv3d

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2015
I've changed my phone today from a Silver 128 7+ to a Black 256 7+. I seem to have had 4G all day compared to the Silver which was stuck on 3G for days. Still same carrier settings 25.1. I'm not sure what's different, but I'll see tomorrow if I lose 4G and if it comes back.

Can't be device specific if three know of the problem. But I've been at home all day so the phone has stayed on 4G and hasn't had to switch between 3G and 4G.

Last edited:

Paulejonesy

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2013
Just adding a me too to the list, iPhone 7, Three. Thanks to all those who have escalated this to the network, and posting the replies.

I thought it was just me.

KooL BeAnZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
Good News!

Excellent news!!

I've still got the issue, even on 10.1 and 25.5.

Hopefully sorted soon....

Mercenary

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
Weirdly I've been on 4G all day today. But it's not been a new 800mhz area. At home it is but where I was today was all on the old frequency.
[doublepost=1474583933][/doublepost]And now I'm back in an 800mhz area it's all gone squiffy again.

alexberry

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2010
Is it just me or has something changed/been fixed? Solid 4G on Three this morning without any intervention on my part. It has been like this since about lunchtime yesterday... Anyone else notice an improvement?

AFAIK I've not had any Carrier Update or anything else change at my end. No restart or anything...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.