Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2006
UK
Anyone using ChronoAgent?

I can't get it to start. I have been using it for years including on my now replaced MacBook running Big Sur, so not a BS issue.

AngryCorgi

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2010
I can report (after an attempt was made) that AutoCAD LT will install on an M1 Mac, but the graphics behave horribly. The translation is inadequate for reliable use. We will have to wait for a native build for it as well. Sadly, the iOS alternative that works great is not allowed on the M1 Macs thru the App Store.

Projectionist

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2020
Billings Pro is a Universal app, as are the Microsoft Office apps if you set up the updater to the Beta Channel

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 12.33.21 PM.png

Reactions: DEMinSoCAL

Carles Carbonell

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2019
Roda de Ter, Spain
Clip Studio Paint now runs natively on Mac M1 hardware.

It's a multiplatform digital painting software, one of the best (maybe the best one). There's also versions for iOS (iPhone) and iPadOS (iPad).

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
On Crossover's blog post, they said that macOS 11.1 beta 1 has critical fixes for Rosetta. Hopefully, it will not be a long wait to get macOS 11.1 update.
I am running Beta 11.1 and it is working great with the apps I tried: Quicken 2020 and my old Homeworld and Pharaoh games.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
it seems nobody was intersted in what this mac arm could actually run. apparently not much for now. if you're doing anything productive obviously you're gonna have to wait a few years.
It runs everything I throw at it except virtualization software VMware or Parallels, waiting for the beta of those.
Under Big Sur 11.1 beta 1 Crossover actually runs Windows apps in its emulation environments. It appears to use Rosetta2.

FreeWoRLD83

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2013
Opps, already been reported. Apologies.. please delete the post if possible

istatistica

Mac system monitoring (includes temp and other sensors for Apple Silicon)

RobbieTT

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Added quite a few to the list today so must have been a good day for M1 devs.

Tidied-up a number of orphaned edits too... If you are not familiar with the formatting needed for the wiki just copy and paste an existing item and then replace the name and insert the correct URL between the ' ' marks.

Not that it is a particular drama to tidy them up and I am sure the forum would have the right info than worry about inserting the correct links.

Polly Mercocet

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2020
LDN
I have roughly half/half native and Rosetta apps on my system, which considering how new this ecosystem is is pretty impressive.

Not had any issues with the Rosetta apps except for Tidal which has random force quits.

Everything else non-native works fine through Rosetta 2 and I don't notice a performance difference for general use apps.

Reactions: calstanford

MFDoom

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2009
I have roughly half/half native and Rosetta apps on my system, which considering how new this ecosystem is is pretty impressive.

Not had any issues with the Rosetta apps except for Tidal which has random force quits.

Everything else non-native works fine through Rosetta 2 and I don't notice a performance difference for general use apps.
And here I am avoiding Rosetta apps like the plague due to the scars of Rosetta 1. I need to get over it!

Polly Mercocet

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2020
LDN
And here I am avoiding Rosetta apps like the plague due to the scars of Rosetta 1. I need to get over it!

You really should, totally different game and far more reliable than the OG Rosetta. I was around for the PPC > Intel transition too and this is faaaar smoother. Even running Handbrake through Rosetta 2 provides performance on par with my 8th gen i5. Once it's optimised for the M1 it will blaaaaze.

P.S. One for the money, two for the better green, 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine ?

yanksrock100

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2010
San Diego
Not sure if this will help anybody, but I was tired of constantly looking at the activity monitor to see if my apps were running natively or not so I built a tiny Mac App to display the architecture of the running app.

window.png

If anybody wants to use it, I open sourced it and put a download link on Github here: https://github.com/billycastelli/Silicon-Info

I am definitely not a Swift developer but hopefully this tool helps

Suxamethonium

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2014
Todoist has been updated for Apple Silicon. It wasn't in the change notes but since the update today it went from Intel to Apple in the architecture.

Reactions: Apple Fritter

Spindel

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2020
I can report (after an attempt was made) that AutoCAD LT will install on an M1 Mac, but the graphics behave horribly. The translation is inadequate for reliable use. We will have to wait for a native build for it as well. Sadly, the iOS alternative that works great is not allowed on the M1 Macs thru the App Store.
I got my M1 Mini yesterday and am currently using AutoCAD 2020 LT and have no problems.

I guess problems may vary by what you do in the program.

The only hiccup I had was that the licensing tool crapped out initially. But for me it was just one reboot and it was up and running.

I have more problems with OneDrive and OneNote, those problems might be connected (since my OneNote is connected to OneDrive) and OneDrive is currently working in the background and my hopes are that eventually it will be fully synced and working, but we'll see about that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.