Unofficial "Naked" "See Thru" Cases only discussion here

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by edtorious, Jul 18, 2008.

1. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

This thread is created for discussion of cases that either "naked", "see thru", "clear" and etc... for Iphone 3G. Other than that, please post somewhere else. ;)

Please post pics, reviews and etc... if possible.

I too am looking for cases, so far listed below are website that I'm currently researching and checking out to see where I can buy one. If any of you has case that you bought from this sites, please post your review and pics if possible. Your help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.:D

http://ivyskin.com/detail.php?proid=68
    http://www.speckproducts.com/products/seethru/iphone-3g/142
    http://www.case-mate.com/phones/apple3G/The-Naked-Case-for-iPhone-3G
    http://www.contourcase.com/isee/iseeiphone3G/
    http://www.dlo.com/Products/vshell_iphone3g_Prod.tpl
    http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=456371#

So here you go, I actually got the countour case on launch day because that's the only case I like that were available in Apple Store that day. I did not like the removable rubber buttons for power and volumes although it protects it. The case is a little bulky and it is sometimes kinda hard to put it on or remove, to remove I usually have to use a coin. And also the thing that bothers me now is the case at the back already has scratches on it! And only because I'm wiping the case!:eek: I'm not even wiping that hard! :eek:

I hope this helps! ;)

2. macman4291 macrumors regular

dude i ordered case-mate naked one, but most of these cases arent available yet

3. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

let us know how it goes when you get it then! ;)

4. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

5. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

I'm looking at the Belkin or the Speck Case (in clear of course). I hate cases that protrude into the screens frame. The Belkin and Speck cases only come in as far as the chrome frame.

Both are slider case (as per their description), don't come past the chrome frame (i prefer screen protectors like IS, BG, PS, BSE etc.) and are only $30. The speck one is also rubberized at the side.

6. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber

The CaseMate or Ivy are the way to go here. They both have touch-throough screen protection.
    I owned a clear Belkin case that after a week of use left my bezel scratched. This happens when you use the touch screen of the iPhone and you push dust/dirt under the edge of the case frame around the screen.
    The Belkin, DLO and others just frame the iPhone screen and little bits love to get stuck under it.
    You can't see this happen until you remove the phone from the case and then it is too late - Damage Done.

7. iqwertyi macrumors regular

There's also the Agent 18 clear case, which is the one I bought. I like it, but I don't know if it's for me. You see I have the white phone and installed the invisible shield on it as well. So areas where it's pressed hard against the case on the back it looks strange. But this is not a problem with the case, rather my own setup. But it has tightened it up a bit, which is a good thing.

8. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

Those cases make the phone too bulky. The iPhone is already a bigger than normal phone as it is. I need something that doesn't add too much bulk and comfortable fit in my jeans which can have pretty tight pockets depending on what which I'm wearing.

9. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

10. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

that is a pretty cool case tallyho. I like the part where it covers the top too! How can Iphone detect your input? cool! I did not see that on our local apple store here in US and/or online but I can see it's available in UK apple online store. So for 25 pounds it's like $26? Does anybody know where we can buy this here in US?

I have a question, is it scratch resistant? I have a black iphone so it's kind of a plus if it is. Can you dock with case on? So how easy it is to remove from case? Is it protecting the side/top buttons too?

Thanks for the tip!;)

11. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

care to show some pics? I saw their website http://www.agent18.com/scripts/prodview2.asp?idproductpages=36 but only one pic in there and not much detail. Thanks!;)

12. bumfudley macrumors newbie

I just picked up this case yesterday to replace the Griffin Wave. It's really great. It's slim, easy to grip, and really shows off the beauty of the phone. Here's some pics:

Attached Files:

13. btcutter macrumors 6502

I love the agent 18 clear case. I think it's better than the Contour clear case because it's more open on the front.

the Gear4 Icebox looks great but I can't find it anywhere in US.

14. b8b macrumors newbie

Which case is this? Is it availabe in the US?

15. Seibikitei macrumors member

Question about the Agent 18 Clear case, how is the opening for the ringer switch on the side? I bought the Contour clear case when I bought my 3G but am looking for a replacement. With the Contour when you slide the ringer switch down to silent it sits flush against the edge of the plastic and it takes a lot of effort (and some fingernail) to get back up. I almost feel like you have to be too rough with it to get it back up, to me this unnecessary and a bad design.

I'm in the market for something else and am debating if I want to wait for the ivyskin Xylo to come off of back order.

16. btcutter macrumors 6502

super easy to access all controls.

17. fatchance503 macrumors newbie

I love the look of the case-mate Naked Case and some of the others, but does anyone know which of these acrylic cases have a holster available?

I'm in a job where I (unfortunately) have to carry my iPhone on my belt.

Thanks.

18. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

thanks for pics! hmmm... so does the shield you have on your iphone came with the case? Can you dock with the case on? Let's hope it's scratch resistant. I'm not so fond with the ridges on the side of the case, I'm looking for a more clean look. The case looks cool, but so far i'm leaning towards Gear4 Icebox, Ivyskin and Casemate, I like the ones that has cover on the front not just shields.

19. slapppy macrumors 65816

Does it scratch up the chrome? On my original iPhone the Belkin and the Agent 18 scratched it up. Bought the Griffin and it scratched the chrome up....

20. bumfudley macrumors newbie

I have a Power Support Anti-Glare screen protector on the phone, but no shield. You can dock the case with the Universal Dock with the included dock adapter.

It doesn't scratch up the chrome, it actually goes on differently than the A18 case for the original iPhone. It now has a front and back piece rather than top and bottom. All in all a great case, I'm actually considering getting the white version as an alternative.

21. GeneticFreak84 macrumors regular

great thread! I've been searching long and hard for a nice clear case for my iPhone 3g. I ordered the ivyskin case several days ago but I believe it's on backorder which SUCKS! Hopefully it arrives soon...

22. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

23. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

Id like to know this as well as I am about to buy it and want to double check before I do so. I really like the look of the Agent 18 clear and will putting the anti glare to get rid of the smudges as it drives me nuts!!

I think Billyripkin posted this as well. Just want to double check before making the purchase!!! Thanks guys!!! :D

Here is the link to the one I believe it to be...

http://www.agent18.com/scripts/prodview2.asp?idproductpages=36

24. bumfudley macrumors newbie

Yes, it's the Agent 18 clearshield. I've always loved their cases, this is no exception.

25. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

You are the man!! Thanks for getting back to this thread to answer. I am going to order right now. No complaints thus far???

Going to get this and the anti glare for the front and those damn smudges!!! :mad: