Update, apple admit to defect!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Xzentric, Oct 6, 2014.

1. oneofthenine macrumors regular

haha, which apple store one? I think there are a couple that people sent in. I posted them before the story of the kids deliberately bending them came out and actually if the problem turns out to be manufacture issues then they may well have had issues already. For arguments sake though they are bent iphones that neither you nor I have any evidence to suggest were done on purpose. I am posting what people send in. Perhaps though if you are upset by it then you could start a site to track not-bent phones, you will find a lot more I'm sure.

2. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

I'll let you try and untangle that one.

----------

Riiiiiiiight. The phones on display at Apple stores got bent through normal use. Or they were out of the box defects that somehow Apple employees didn't notice.

Thanks for continuing to illustrate exactly why you have no credibility whatsoever.

3. oneofthenine macrumors regular

We have no idea what's causing all these bends yet. What do you think they do with display phones at night? Do they leave them out or do they collect them up in a big box? Also you'll notice in an apple store that display units are also carried around by staff who put them in pockets. The exact same units are not always the ones in the same places around the store as well.

So I ask you again, where is your evidence these were bent deliberately?

4. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

My comment stands. Your rediculous rationalization is rediculous on the face of it.

5. l3uddz macrumors 6502

Not defending Apple here however I do find it rather funny in your original thread you were like

"omg i just pull phone out my pocket and its bended, i did nothing to cause it to bend/break"

yet you end this opening post with "will get applecare+ just incase i drop it again" lol....

original thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1796500)

this thread:

funny guy

6. oneofthenine macrumors regular

I see, you have no answer. Fair enough.

7. bmt134 macrumors 6502

Deny deny deny.

8. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Well I wasn't accusing you but it's been proven already by "ONEOFTHENINE"'s shenanigans. He admitted to having an agenda and he's a new registrant. If you want to go on disagreeing with that I can certainly show more proof.

9. saab9573 macrumors 6502

saab9573

So this proves that everyone that was on the back foot with the OP and questioning his bend was right from the start.

He did in fact drop the phone and that's why it bent concealing the fact and lying in this thread.

10. oneofthenine macrumors regular

haha, I have been completely open about everything and answered every question. My stated agenda (that I mentioned many times now) was not in any way bad or malicious but it is of course more useful for you to state it as 'an agenda' like it is some master plan to discredit everything that matters to you in your life.

What if I went to a photography website to give information about a lens I bought. That would also be "MY AGENDA!" (in a kinda horror movie voice).

11. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

Doesn't prove anything. He could have dropped it well after (maybe even days after) noticing the bend.

12. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Sorry but I am right, clearly on the face of it!:p

----------

LOL! So you could see a bad bathc of aluminum?

Do you have any idea how anodizing is done?

or something?

13. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Good work! Although I'm certain he'll have a strange rebuttal to that.

14. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Answer? For your mishmash of rationalizations for including obviously intentionally bent phones from Apple Store displays?

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

15. oneofthenine macrumors regular

each stated clearly, yes.

on that note it is certainly sleep time here (3:00am)

night night xxx

16. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

If you did it after building a web site with the intent of promoting the idea that the lens was faulty based on highly suspect evidence and that the company that made it was lying to customers? Yes. I'd accuse you of having an agenda in that case too.

----------

A clearly stated rationalization is still a rationalization. Your rebuttal fails.

17. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

If you have ever looked inside these devices there is little no zero extra room inside of the device to add something that would allow it to stop the bending. What ever it was it would need to go from top to bottom on both sides.

These phones are designed with everything in mind and are no just tossed together as they find parts to go inside.

But as long as you and others think the can add of change the 6 in the middle of production, you have the right to believe in the easter bunny, so you can belive in this, too! I have no doubt that people wish they could do something but out of the millions of them sold very few have been ABUSED enough for them to bend! The entitlement people feel that their thin and light iPhone should also be indestructible.

Nothing will change with the 6 or likely even the 6S. It is what it is, buy it or go Android!:p

18. oneofthenine macrumors regular

reasons were clearly stated.

At least your agenda is very, very clear my young friend.

See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil (and then will be forcibly applied to everyone else who disagrees with your opinion and perspective).

19. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

I take it from this post that you never actually have looked at the inside of an iPhone 6, because surprise surprise, it has a reinforcement system that runs the length of the case already. Top to bottom. On both sides.

----------

Your assesemt of me is off base. However, mine of you is dead on and backed by your posts and actions. Again, clearly stating bogus rationalizations doesn't make them any more valid. So repeating that comment is just spinning your wheels. The idea that Apple employees are somehow accidenly bending the display models themselves is literally laugh out loud funny and nothing more than a case of you trying to justify shady inclusions on your list of bent phones.

20. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I have no doubt, but from what "some" expect from their iPhone this would have to be greatly incresed in size to increase the intergrity, but then you know everything and know that.

I forgot you know everything and love to remind me about it:p

I see that oneofthenine, above, beat me to this!

----------

His only answer is that we are always wrong and he is right:rolleyes:

21. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

There's really no reason for the childish smearing.

The reinforcing frame could be strengthened near the buttons where bends seem to happen without altering the exterior of the phone. I see no reason why not. Again, if you've looked at the inside of the phone and seen how it's constructed in that area I think you'd agree.

22. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

You childish smearings do not bother me, my skin is very thick.

You should work for Apple. You must be an engineer. I am so sorry for doubting anything you say. Why do you think Apple did not reinforce the phone when it was so easy for you to see how solve the problem!

We all are hoping you will call Apple right now so we can put this problem behind us! Please come back and let us know what Apple says when you call!:p

Thanks for letting us little people know you got this all under control! If only you would have been help APple sooner!

23. blwade macrumors 6502a

The problem is that neither side has sufficient evidence.

I don't see where oneofthenine said he could prove that the phones weren't intentionally bent. He gave reasons that they COULD. As in, potential ways - IF there truly is a flaw in some phones... I never saw him claim all phones had this problem. Or that it was an epidemic. He was interested in it, and investigating. Yes, I think he could have picked a better name for it. He is running off the idea that there were only 9 reports at the time Apple made the comment...

Surf Monkey did the same thing. He doesn't have any evidence to say that they WERE intentionally bent (minus a youtube video of kids bending phones intentionally - but this doesn't prove it is the case everywhere.) Yet, he is drilling oneofthenine for being an Apple slanderer based off a website. Claiming to have a supernatural ability to tell the motive of oneofthenine - as if he knows his thoughts.

24. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Agreed. My main point is that there are not enough bent phones to have Apple stop the sales of the iPhone 6 and redesign it!

This has all been blown way out of scale for the very small numbers of bend phones.

25. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Wow, dude. Grow up.

----------

I'm sorry, but your inability to apply basic critical thinking is not a flaw in my argument. oneofthenine is not an objective source. Why not? Because he built a site with the intent of mocking the company at the very least and in the process included phones in his list that were, giving him the extreme benefit of the doubt, highly suspect in terms of the circumstances of their bending. To that extent it is extremely hard to take anything he has to say on this subject seriously. Your attempt to place me on the same level in terms of credibility is laughable since I've taken no similar actions and have made no similar assumptions.

----------

And you're doing that by attacking people who agree with you. Stunningly solid strategy.