Update, apple admit to defect!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Xzentric, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Not until you stop lecturing people.

Wait till you get out in the world, someone will love to have their way with YOU!

2. uwdude macrumors 6502a

I think that Apple is probably still in the process of gathering information about this. They would need a good amount of phones that have the bend issue, and then trace the structural components to individual batches, to see if there are any patterns. Right now less than 3 weeks into this, Apple probably doesn't have enough information yet to make a determination what is going on. It could be structural issues with certain batches, it could be all phones because of the design (although that doesn't really match what we're hearing), it could be mostly malicious bending for marketing purposes/kids damaging phones for fun, or it could be a combination of any/all of the above, we just don't know yet. And I think it may be a month or two before Apple is able to get to the bottom of it.

3. blwade macrumors 6502a

I don't understand how you think you have more credit just because you are a fan of Apple? Nothing you have said gives me the slightest feeling of credibility. You are arguing just to argue. And because you love Apple. Like it is personal.

I have a hard time taking anything you say seriously due to you being a diehard fan of Apple.

From your posts, you seem like one of the many people on here who would argue for Apple till their dying breath - as they suck the life out of you. You love it too much to even think there COULD be a potential problem. What is that saying? Love is blind? ;)

I'm applying the same logic you are to oneofthenine. You base your view of him off of his posts. I'm basing my view of you off of your posts. And now, we come to the same conclusion - you have no credibility.

My reason is due to your diehard fandom, your reason is due to his "so-called-slandering" webpage.

4. Xzentric, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014

Xzentric thread starter macrumors member

Sigh....

I was being sarcastic and having a shot at the ones who called me a liar. But it's ok, you believe your theory if it helps you sleep at night.

It's amazing how raged you are.

That some of you will jump on anything I say just to prove I must have bent my phone.

So much so, you can't even detect the sarcasm with about 6 smileys next to where I quoted about the apple care

Go back and read it again, in context this time.

You can cherry pick my posts all you like.

The bottom line is, you're all getting so wound up about me and what I havnt done to my phone. Get over it.

There is no conspiracy.

I'm not employed by Samsung.

I did not bend my phone, accidentally or otherwise.

My phone had a genuine defect which apple acknowledged

I'm getting a replacement and I'm happy

I did not trash apple once.

End of

5. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

So, your rebuttal is "I don't like you."

Noted and discarded because your assessment of my "level of fandom" is not reflective of anything but your vivid imagination. Furthermore it's a misdirection because my credibility isn't the issue here. oneofthenine's is.

----------

I'm 50. I've been out in the world. Judging by the maturity level of your posts I suspect you can't say the same thing. I'd strongly suggest you climb down off my back because I've done nothing to deserve the smear campaign you're attempting to wage against me.

----------

Having been involved with the thread from the outset I'd say your post below is genuine. I'm glad you got it resolved.

6. blwade macrumors 6502a

Oh, Mighty, All-seeing, All-knowing Surf Monkey - I'm sorry I made you feel like I don't like you. That wasn't my intention. Please don't discard my assessment! :rolleyes:

Seriously.

Aren't you assessing oneofthenine's level of fandom too? What makes your assessment more credible?

You are saying that what he says isn't credible because of his website. Obviously he is out to get Apple, right? That slanderer! That is a level of fandom... (or lack thereof)

What keeps me from saying "Noted and discarded because your assessment of [oneofthenine's] "level of fandom" is not reflective of anything but your vivid imagination."?

Edit: This is nothing personal. I haven't met you. I don't dislike you. I think you are being ridiculous.

7. Xzentric thread starter macrumors member

Not as funny as you not getting what I even meant and following the rest of the Heard.

----------

Surf Monkey

As much as you came across hard, and straight to the point early on. It was a very valid point and I did take it on board.

It turns out you was right anyway, so bonus there.

Appreciated

8. WilliamG macrumors G3

So, essentially, Apple have admitted to nothing. Every device has some QC issues in small part. That's all Apple is saying. Whether that's a true statement in regards to the bending *issue* (whether there is one or not), Apple is absolutely not admitting there is a general bending problem.

I fully expect them never to admit it, whether there is one or not. In any case, your thread is just a tad misleading, no?

9. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

It's most amusing watching you miss the most basic of points. Good thing you're not a journalist.

10. oneofthenine macrumors regular

I would try to not take everything here at macrumors as a personal slight against yourself. I just looked back through your posts to see if it was just today that was a grumpy day for you and I notice just from the last 20 pages of threads you've posted on it is always to attack others or be defensive about things others say. I'm not sure Apple is in need of a defender of the faith and has plenty of happy users who just go about their daily lives using the products. Try to relax a bit.

11. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

If the issue were 1/50th as huge as it's being made out to be, Apple would've had more than enough specimens to work with by now. Truckloads, I'm sure.

If that IS truly the case, then it would be very telling as to how frequent or huge of a problem this really is. Either that, or a lot of people have enough disposable income that they can just toss their bent phones in the garbage without another thought. Somehow I doubt that's the case though.

12. MH01 Suspended

MH01

OP apple replaced your phone , that's great news .

The excuse that the manager gave you though , I would take with a grain of salt. And unless you have it in writing, it's not confirmation by apple. He has to give a reason why he is replacing your phone and why the problem will not happen again, and what he told you covers that.

For everyone beating their chests saying that this is now resolved and it was just a batch of phones, would you like to buy some beans?? Or a bridge ?

Like I have always said, give it time, most people will be getting their iPhone 6 + next few weeks, and if this continues, the batch story will be BS.

----------

Exactly. He just gave a reason to replace the phone without admitting anything.

----------

Getting hammered for?!? Lol what a laugh, you have been going from forum to forum ridiculing anyone who raised the bending issue , apologising on behalf of apple and taking and taking pot shots at individuals.

And if your closing the bending issue based on this call, I got a couple of bridges I'd like to sell you ;) :rolleyes:

13. sleepyking macrumors 6502

Wow reading this thread hoping to see if there's s trend to the batches that at bending and most of the dialogue are you guys bantering.

Get over it. Bending is real. To the 6 AND 6+.
    Intentionally, unintentionally, abuse, hardly use - it's happened to a minority's group and probably will still happen.

Does anyone here even work for Apple, or own any shares. So much defense for the company you would swear some of you are the actual engineers who made this device who's taking offense to a very real problem.

14. Nate. macrumors regular

Nate.

Plenty of people here own shares, you must not lurk very much.

Also I think most people are defending Apple because of how ridiculously overblown the "bendgate" issue has became. Just look at this forum, just this one. There's an endless stream of threads pouring in from people saying their phones are "bent". Half of these threads are just people BSing and not posting pictures or saying their phone is "bent" when it's just on an unstable surface, and it's fairly easy to tell that they're paranoid about not having a "perfect device". The other half is people just talking about the entire ordeal like it's some kind of crisis. People like who saying that it's a "very real problem" when the amount of people to actually have their phone bend is extremely small compared to the amount of these things sold, and just like every iPhone, is inevitable.

Just look at all the "reporting" these tech news sites are doing. I saw an article today called "#Hairgate" because people apparently are getting their beards caught in their phones somehow. I have a beard, and I don't even understand how that's possible.

15. sleepyking macrumors 6502

Agreed, I get what you're saying. It could very well be a fact that its a small problem affecting a small group. My point was that there are people who are not BSing and really has a bad device, and even with photos, they are almost immediately still dismissed as they must have done something to it. I am an Apple fan but geez I would not defend them to my last breath; no company is perfect.

16. HenryDJP macrumors 603

It's not just that. One important thing you're missing on. Yes, the OP will reveal a pic after someone requests it. The problem lies here with the OP's stories and I can see where some people are coming from. The same line I've seen from multiple people creating threads. They say, "I have no idea how it got bent. I didn't do anything to it to make it bend. I just woke up the next morning and it was bent". The story is starting to become unbelievable.
    Couple that with most of the people creating these threads are newly registered here. Couple that with Samsung's ads trashing the iPhone. Couple that with that YouTube guy who used all his might to bend the iPhone 6 plus so he could achieve 500 million views and get paid $$$ from Google.
    All of that equates to people feeling suspect.

17. blwade macrumors 6502a

Then you add in the die hard fans that feel like they need to defend the multi-billion dollar company until they are blue in the face (cause they sure need it, right?) even to the point of acting like Apple can't do anything wrong and you get this mess.

Apple isn't going to be harmed by the threat of bent devices if it really is some sort of media hype. Really. Promise.

If it does turn out to actually be an issue (who knows what will happen as the integrity of the devices is challenged over the next several months), I know Apple will be swift in correcting it.

18. HenryDJP macrumors 603

I really haven't seen much of anyone actually backing up Apple. Sorry man, that simply isn't true. What I have seen is this bendgate crap being blown out of proportion and people registering here with new accounts wanting to be the first to say their phone bent in just two weeks since the iPhones were released. Why is it that the long-time members here aren't doing this? I'm not sure if I've seen more than one post of someone's phone bent that's been a member here for a long time. Then the people that are complaining of the bend won't listen to reason and they are reluctant to even take responsibility of their phones bending. It's absurd for people to say they did nothing to make it bend. It just ended up bent the next day. Give me a break. :rolleyes:
    I'm in perfect belief of the phones bending if someone would take responsibility and at least admit they bent it in some fashion whether it be an accident or not.

19. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Not to take away from your statement, but how do you not understand how it's possible? Hair, supposedly, gets caught between the glass and the aluminum. My cheap throwaway phone Lumia 520 is notorious for this. But yeah, it's a cheapie $35 (original retailed under 100 bucks) phone.

Reporters always have and always will sensationalize. Sure we can sit here and argue against them, but if it hasn't changed in the history of reporting, it won't change now. I have no doubt a person or two has gotten their hair caught in the device. I also have no doubt that it isn't a widespread problem.

----------

Most of the claims that I have read, and I agree they are just claims, these folks generally kept their phones in their front pockets. I think what people are trying to discern is how easily a "pocket bend" occurs. I agree that if it bent in a pocket it is not the same as "I did nothing", not technically, but in an end user's mind, one who has always stored the phone in his/her pocket, they truly didn't do anything to force the phone to bend.

As far as your statement that you aren't seeing people defending Apple, you really need to take a look at some of the threads. If you have, then you obviously missed them. Not sure what else to say. I have seen folks state that a phone this large and thin should **obviously** not go into one's pocket and anyone who does that is a fool. I have seen this statement made by multiple people, in fact. "News flash: aluminum bends" is another popular one.

The unfortunate reality is some people come here to have an actual discussion. This is ruined by the trolls on both ends of the spectrum; those that just want to run some smear campaign on Apple, and those who want to call people idiots for their phone bending unbeknownst to them "handling it wrong".

20. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Okay, I actually have seen those posts but I didn't take them as necessarily defending Apple. I just took them as points people were making.
    My idea of a fanboy defending Apple is backing up the company and saying, "Their products are unbreakable" "Apple makes no mistakes, it's your fault only".

Speaking of smear campaigns, Samsung has definitely done that to Apple because the Note 4 is coming out. Obviously I can't prove it but I'm 99% certain Samsung is behind most of this fiasco.

21. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I have seen "it's your fault only", but that's about it. Most people I think are clever enough to come up with something better than "Apple makes no mistakes". That can obviously be easily refuted with facts.

I have no idea what Samsung has or hasn't done. I won't say there is no way because I don't know. But that's another thing people love to claim here (and I am not saying you are). "Speak against the iPhone? You must be a Samsung shill." See that almost on the daily.

22. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Have you seen this ad yet? this was the first of three from Samsung trashing the new iPhone. They didn't waste any time. This and other things they do cause a lot of frustration here.

Attached Files:

23. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

LOL no I hadn't! Reminds me of the Mac v PC days. One of those completely got under my skin where a modem (of all things) was speaking a different language. Mac understood, PC did not. I have never seen a modem that my PC "didn't understand" just plug and play, honestly.

Anyway, I thought you were referring to the "shill posters" people talk about. Samsung has had a pretty established track record of bashing Apple and their user base without actually saying its Apple and their user base they are bashing in their ads.

Thanks for posting the ad. It actually got a chuckle out of me. :D

24. HenryDJP macrumors 603

As much as I don't care for this it actually made me laugh too. :D

25. EJ8 Suspended

EJ8

Uhhhhh, no you haven't. Just sayin