UPS MYChoice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Maclver, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

Does anyone plan on using UPS MyChoice to have their iPhone held at the sorting facility or have it delivered to a UPS Store?

I used it last year and have it sent to a UPS store, but since I work until 600 and they close at 6, I was planning on having it held at the facility. Does that delay anything?

2. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Hi what is UPS My Choice? I would like to have my shipment shipped to a UPS Store.

3. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

Al Gore invented this thing called the internet ..... use it :):D

4. Iphoneness macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

5. Maclver thread starter macrumors 68020

Maclver

6. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

I use MyChoice to set the 2-hour delivery window usually, but am already listed as "by 10:30AM" so it doesn't get much better than that.

7. travisiscoolest macrumors newbie

UHHH i would caution against MyChoice to have it for pickup at a store. I used it earlier this evening and it told me it would be ready for pickup on Monday Sep 24...3 days later than if it was shipped to home!

it may be different for different stores, but MyChoice DOES NOT tell you when it will be ready for pickup--you find out after you submit your payment info! thankfully I was able to cancel that delivery change and it seems like it's on track to be sent to my apartment again!

8. Khall102 macrumors newbie

UPS says my routing number is not connect to my choice for some reason. They also say its automatic and the can make it activated to it. I am going out of town and wanted to goto facility to pick up.

9. drewfus macrumors 6502

drewfus

I tried to use MyChoice to have it held at the UPC facility nearest to my place, but it says that it won't be there until Monday if I choose that option, so I don't think that's the best way to go if you want it on Friday. I was hoping I could pick it up at 8 am on Friday morning before my 10:00 class, but it looks like that's not going to be possible. Has anyone else had any different experiences trying this with UPS?

----------

Last year, was it actually at the UPS store on the same day of its original delivery, or was there a delay at all?

10. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

It told me it would be the 24th before asking me for a payment so I ended up not doing it.

11. edhawk1965 macrumors member

Massengill invented this thing called a douche, apparently you already knew about this also.............

12. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

Hopefully one day you will be able to afford this thing called a personality :D Stay classy my friend

13. chele519 macrumors regular

I called UPS after seeing your post because this was my plan also. They said that I'd still be able to pick it up on Friday as long as I did it online. If you call and request over the phone, then they said it would be Monday. I only have the free my choice also.

14. omyard macrumors regular

I use to pick up at the local UPS facility all the time and I never had any problems. You'll probably want to verify what time they open for pick-ups before assuming you could get it at 8.

UPS always add another day to the delivery if you choose the UPS facility pick-up, but I was always able to pick-up my shipments on the original delivery date. So I wouldn't worry too much about the extra day.

If you selected the UPS Store option you probably won't get it until later because it won't get dropped off at the store until a driver drops it off. So if you're going for earlier pick up choose the UPS facility, assuming there is one close to you that you don't mind driving to. I could be wrong, but I think there is a $5 fee for using the UPS Store pick-up option, but, again, I could be wrong.

15. nousferato macrumors newbie

I have actually decided to go with this option and pick it up at UPS CC 8am on friday. Before I did that, I talked to customer service and they confirmed it.
    And this option is completely free! But in case I'm not gonna pick it up on friday, this facility works on saturdays too.

16. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

This is great news. I'm going to call to confirm I'll also be able to pick it up from a UPS Store on Friday. Thanks for posting!

17. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

I ordered from Apple and my page does not give me MyChoice options! I click on MyChoice or Change Delivery and all I get is the info popup about MyChoice. I am signed up for a basic MyChoice membership for my street address.

What am I doing wrong?

18. thejusticemoose macrumors newbie

I have the exact same thing happening to me. I was actually hoping to change the delivery address to my work through MyChoice, but all it does is give me the popup info just like you.

19. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

I talked to the online chat and they said to call technical support at 877-289-6418. Unfortunately they are closed right now so I will just call tomorrow.

I am guessing maybe Apple does not allow MyChoice.

20. thejusticemoose macrumors newbie

Dang, that is what I was thinking too. Although, it looks like a lot of people have gotten it to work so I don't know :confused:

21. drewfus macrumors 6502

drewfus

Thanks for the info! The closest UPS facility to me in Miami opens at 8 am...I've gone to pick things up there around that time before. I'll give them a call and see what they say.

----------

Did you call the general UPS number, or the number of your facility, out of curiosity?

Thanks!

22. chele519 macrumors regular

I didn't ask about picking up at a UPS store, this was to pick up at the facility the drivers go out of, not sure if that's what you mean. If you want it sent to a UPS store, like a mailboxes etc., it is $5 and I think that takes an extra day to change the delivery address. But definitely call to make sure. Maybe different locations have different rules. I'm still hoping mine comes Fedex since they deliver early. UPS is about 30 minutes away but I'd rather do that than wait around until 7 or 8 pm for them.

----------

1-800-pickups. How can you get the number for your facility? I'd rather call them directly.

23. drewfus macrumors 6502

drewfus

Hmm...now that I look, I don't think you can. It looks like it gives the 1-800-PICK-UPS number.

24. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

I was hoping to have it shipped to a UPS Store near my job because the local UPS Customer Center is only open during the hours I work. :(

I'll have to call tomorrow and get everything figured out. It's not even easy to accept delivery at home because I live in an apartment building. If I presign, I run the risk of having it stolen. My tracking number currently says "by 10:30 AM" so my best option right now is to go into work late and wait outside for delivery. Something tells me this won't go so well though. I'd be better off picking it up at the local hub and going to work late if that's the case. Either way, it's not going to look good because they know how hyped I am about the phone. :eek: