Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drewfus

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2006
Evanston, IL
Hey all, so I saw on my tracking info that my phone had arrived in Miami, where I live. I started up a live chat on the UPS site, and I told the representative that my package was in town already, and asked if it was possible that it was at the UPS facility, and if so, whether I could just pick it up tomorrow. Sure enough, she said it wouldn't be a problem. After a couple of minutes, she sent me info with pickup info saying that it would be available 9/21. This is also reflected on the tracking page.

So, feel free to try if you're ridiculous like me, and you like getting your electronic things ASAP.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-20 at 9.32.23 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-09-20 at 9.32.23 PM.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 137
  • Screen Shot 2012-09-20 at 9.39.29 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-09-20 at 9.39.29 PM.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 121

srcstc

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2010
Hey all, so I saw on my tracking info that my phone had arrived in Miami, where I live. I started up a live chat on the UPS site, and I told the representative that my package was in town already, and asked if it was possible that it was at the UPS facility, and if so, whether I could just pick it up tomorrow. Sure enough, she said it wouldn't be a problem. After a couple of minutes, she sent me info with pickup info saying that it would be available 9/21. This is also reflected on the tracking page.

So, feel free to try if you're ridiculous like me, and you like getting your electronic things ASAP.

Same here! :D

AppFanGirl

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
Why wouldn't UPS want to allow people to pickup their packages at their hub?? Even if they had quite a few people to request a pickup, wouldn't that be easier than a driver having to deliver it or make an attempted delivery??

Seems more cost effective to have a few extra desk clerks working at 8 AM, instead of all these drivers, fuel, overtime, etc. Just an observation.

mcarthon

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
Dang mine jus left new jersey about an hour ago I hope it makes it to va in time so I can get on the chat to hold it at the main facility

tommyleeh

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2010
For what it's worth - just to add to the knowledge base out there for the next iPhone.

I requested my phone to be held last night for Will Call at my local hub. I did NOT wait for midnight, or try to talk to anyone directly. It looks like my Will Call request was processed shortly after it arrived in town. The phone was waiting for me when I dropped by late this morning.

Like others, I initially got a message when putting in my request stating that the package would be available starting the 24th - this was wrong, I got it today!

The idea that you have to wait until the package arrives at the facility before putting your request in or else wait until Monday just doesn't make any sense in this day and age when everything is computerized and automated...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.