Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iAlli

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2008
florida
I ordered my case on July 28th and have 35 days behind me. Cecilia responded to my inquiry within hours today and said,

Hi,

The order is about to enter the middle part of the manufacturing process but as soon as it is released from production we will ship it to you immediately . You will receive the tracking number after shipping.
We will send it to the new address you provided.

Best regards,

Maria Cecilia

I asked if I could change the shipping address as I have since moved. I am happy they could, but, grrrr, was hoping it was further down the production line. If it is only "about to enter the middle part of the manufacturing process" then that means it is still at the beginning!

I must note that I do love the iphone naked, I hope the case only enhances it!

By the way I ordered the ivolution SP, Body: Caterina Violet, Stripe: Caterina Birch

eldervovichka

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2008
Queen Creek, AZ
Just got fedex confirmation today.
Shipping on the 1st (today i assume)
Estimated delivery is the 3rd..

whoo hoo soon soon..

Just got our confirmation, shipped today and we should recieve them on Thursday.

tfraley where does yours say it is today on the FedEx tracking site?

How accurate are the shipping dates? Thanks for any info!!!

Jeff

h1kar1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
Los angeles
well mine said it would be here today by 10:30am

Its 1pm and i just called fedex.

They said that Customs held it up i should be here tomorrow or the next day.

Lol

dame customs

just sucks since you need someone home to sign for it.

Sandock

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2006
Calgary, Canada

Lol

dame customs

Thank you!

I am on the same boat. Was wondering why the online tracking had my package still in transit in Buenos Aires on the estimated date of delivery, which was supposedly today at noon. Had to call Fedex too when the estimated time of delivery finally went by. They gave me the same reason and that I should be expecting it to arrive tomorrow.

Yeah, it sucks for me too because I had to be home and sign for it. Haha, I even had my camera set up ready to take pictures. Oh well, need to pack those up till tomorrow then.

390kwt

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2008
To all the "waiters"...

As some of the other's mentioned, I rec'd my tracking notice today. Ordered July 24th, this is day 42. will be 45+ by the time it get's here.

Patience...

tony-in-japan

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2008
Saitama, Japan
At last!

Got my FedEx confirmation email today! :D

I did email Vaja a few days ago and got Cecilia to put my order on the ‘priority list’ with promises it would be shipped this week. My email did contain how I dropped my iPhone twice this week and how I was also going to write a review once I received it, so I am not sure it got put on the ‘priority list’ for the sympathy vote or because I might write something negative in my review.

Anyway, should take five more days to ship to Japan.

ltsching

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2008
I received my Fedex tracking number as well. Ordered 7/25. Does the shipment require signature? Or would Fedex just leave it in front of the door if no one is at home/work?

Sandock

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2006
Calgary, Canada
I received my Fedex tracking number as well. Ordered 7/25. Does the shipment require signature? Or would Fedex just leave it in front of the door if no one is at home/work?

I got this "Important Notice" from the Fedex Shipment Notification email:

IMPORTANT: US residents please NOTICE: If you have a "signature on file" agreement with Fedex, neither Vaja nor Fedex will be responsible for the loss of any package left at your front door. Please contact your local Fedex station for more details.​

I suppose if you have that (a signature on file), then you don't to be there. Personally I have not tried it and would rather be there to sign for the package. I waited so long I could not bear the thought of Fedex just leaving the box at my front door :eek:.

carence23

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2008
VAJA Case Turnaround

I ordered my case on July18th and received an e-mail stating that they started making it on July 21st. I just received my case on September 2nd.

The case is a really nice case but I wouldn't buy another. I got the case with a clip. The clip is very sturdy but the phone doesn't stay in place when on your hip. Basically, the phone always moves freely.

Sandock

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2006
Calgary, Canada
iPhone_Case.jpg

Arrived today, September 4.

Ordered July 26, received order confirmation July 28.

Received Shipping Notice on September 1. Delivered September 4.

Turnaround, roughly 38-40 days (I hope I counted correctly), not bad.

The others were right; that new leather smell is so good:).

Mine is white with yellow stripe, to go with my white iPhone. The Belkin Silicone sleeve that I used as a temporary case is now in the trash.

I hope you receive yours soon!

Nicolecat

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2008
Oh, it's beautiful.
Keep us updated on how the white holds up (whether or not it's hard to keep clean)

I love the white/yellow color combo...and wouldn't get one unless I could get it in white (having seen this one). :D

sjorge

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2008
I ordered mine the 18th of July,
It's not even send to the factory yet according to the mail I got from them :mad:

They said it was because I had chosen to put my name on mine. :(

eldervovichka

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2008
Queen Creek, AZ

Lol

dame customs

Mine where supposed to be here today, but FedEx said they would be here tomorrow, so a day late!! We will see, thanks for keeping us updated!!!!

Jeff

h1kar1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
Los angeles
Wife called me earlier its sitting at home in the box waiting for me ...

will post review tomarrow

tony-in-japan

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2008
Saitama, Japan
Congrats!

iPhone_Case.jpg

Turnaround, roughly 38-40 days (I hope I counted correctly), not bad.

Mine is white with yellow stripe, to go with my white iPhone. The Belkin Silicone sleeve that I used as a temporary case is now in the trash.

I hope you receive yours soon!

Congratulations on those who received their cases after the mammoth wait. I don’t think I have ever waited for something for a month-and-a-half before! Sandock: your case is sweet! Reminds me of ice-cream... mmmmm, vanilla with cream.

Mine took 50 days from order confirmation to shipping, but I did also order a custom leather wallet too, so I must take that into consideration.

So now I am waiting for delivery and last night I dropped my iPhone AGAIN! Three times now :mad:

I have a question for users: how do you find usability? I mean when your iPhone rings and you have to unclip it from your belt-clip, and then to un-flip the cover to take a call. It is smooth and natural or is it annoying in any way? Thanks.

Knolly

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2007
@Sandock
Beautiful case.

I've got the slim case myself...

To those aching about the wait...

I can promise you it's worth it. It'll be like nothing you've ever had.

...unless you've already had a Vaja case.

Sandock

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2006
Calgary, Canada
Sandock: your case is sweet! Reminds me of ice-cream... mmmmm, vanilla with cream.

I have a question for users: how do you find usability? I mean when your iPhone rings and you have to unclip it from your belt-clip, and then to un-flip the cover to take a call. It is smooth and natural or is it annoying in any way? Thanks.

Haha, it does reminds me of vanilla with cream!

With regards to usability, I've already read about how others find flipping the cover open to make/take a call to be a hassle sometimes. It took me a while to figure out the best way for me to flip open the front cover, but I settled with gripping the crease where the gaps are between back and front with my thumb and index finger. It's not that hard to open the cover to make or take a call, but it does add a few more steps as compared to a naked iPhone.

When I am making a call, I just let the flap hang. I liken it to using a flip phone. I guess it will not be an issue if you are a bluetooth headset user.

When I play games and need to be in landscape mode, I just flip the cover all the way to the back and hold it there to get it out of the way.

I also use my iPhone as an alarm to wake me up in the morning, so when I leave it at my bedside table at night I leave the front cover open to make it easier to turn the alarm off.

I was aware of these compromises even before I placed my order for the ivolution SP, so my expectations are fully met.

tony-in-japan

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2008
Saitama, Japan
With regards to usability, I've already read about how others find flipping the cover open to make/take a call to be a hassle sometimes. It took me a while to figure out the best way for me to flip open the front cover, but I settled with gripping the crease where the gaps are between back and front with my thumb and index finger. It's not that hard to open the cover to make or take a call, but it does add a few more steps as compared to a naked iPhone.

When I am making a call, I just let the flap hang. I liken it to using a flip phone. I guess it will not be an issue if you are a bluetooth headset user.

When I play games and need to be in landscape mode, I just flip the cover all the way to the back and hold it there to get it out of the way.

I was aware of these compromises even before I placed my order for the ivolution SP, so my expectations are fully met.

Well, after my research, I definitely knew I needed a case that protected the iPhone all over (even though the screen has a hard coating). I have already dropped my iPhone a few times so the more protection the better. But I didn’t want a slip case design where I would have to slide it in and out all the time -- I know that would drive me bonkers (and increase my already high drop rate!).

Also, I wonder if the back of the case curves with the new iPhone design or if it is straight? Thanks.

Sandock

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2006
Calgary, Canada
Also, I wonder if the back of the case curves with the new iPhone design or if it is straight? Thanks.

It pretty much follows the curve of the back of the iPhone. There is that noticeable hump that is part of the design. It will not wobble if you lay it on a flat surface, as there is a part where the back is almost straight.

h1kar1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
Los angeles
Ok got my case yesterday

my order was for
ivolution SP for Apple iPhone 3G
Color-scheme:
Body: Caterina Nutria
Stripe: Caterina Friar Brown
Personalization: No
Backside: Ultra Clip

Any how i have been going back and forth with vaja about this
the color does not look like it does on the website for me.

the Nutria color on my monitor looks more tan/light brown
Where by the actual case looks like army green/olive

don't look horrid but its not what i thought i was getting.
The over all construction and fit is far better then any other case.

tony-in-japan

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2008
Saitama, Japan
Body: Caterina Nutria

Any how i have been going back and forth with vaja about this
the color does not look like it does on the website for me.

the Nutria color on my monitor looks more tan/light brown
Where by the actual case looks like army green/olive

You mean you got ‘khaki’ when you wanted light brown?

I had a look for you and ‘Nutria’ does look like a nutty/caramel brown, but then I noticed that the visual lightens up because of the highlight shading on the iPhone visual -- but it is a shade deeper on the swatches. Cannot see properly if the swatch is light brown or khaki... but then again, with a name like ‘Nutria’ I would presume something ‘nutty’ in colour.

Anyway, what is Vaja’s stance? If you are not entirely happy with your product you should ask for a refund or get at least some kind of credit for future purchases.

Can you post pics so we can see?

h1kar1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
Los angeles
Ok here are some pic and a link to more.

Any how there stance is thats what i ordered.
in real life it looks like army green with a dark brown strip.
But on the website it looks like a tan or light brown realy wasn't what i wanted.

still waiting on the next word from them but have a feeling there going to blow it off.

main.php

Link to more images
http://www.lightofpower.com/gallery/main.php/v/tfraley/album_002/album/

ltsching

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2008
FedEx tracking not working?

I received FedEx tracking from Vaja on 9/3 with an expected delivery on 9/5. However, nothing showed up on 9/5 and tracking only shows "In Transit" in Buenos Aires on 9/5. :confused:

Sandock

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2006
Calgary, Canada
I received FedEx tracking from Vaja on 9/3 with an expected delivery on 9/5. However, nothing showed up on 9/5 and tracking only shows "In Transit" in Buenos Aires on 9/5. :confused:

This same thing happened to me, except my expected delivery was supposedly on 9/3. It somehow got delayed in Beunos Aires that day. I sort of gave it a shot and called FedEx to ask about the hold up. They couldn't give any reason but did say it would probably be on it's way the next day.

On early morning 9/4 I noticed changes in my tracking data. My package soon arrived that morning.

I hope the same goes with yours. Someone who previously and much earlier ordered from Vaja posted that there usually is a delay in Buenos Aires so it might be normal.

madonnasmanone

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2008
Ok here are some pic and a link to more.

Any how there stance is thats what i ordered.
in real life it looks like army green with a dark brown strip.
But on the website it looks like a tan or light brown realy wasn't what i wanted.

still waiting on the next word from them but have a feeling there going to blow it off.

main.php

Link to more images
http://www.lightofpower.com/gallery/main.php/v/tfraley/album_002/album/

Wow, my laptop screen must be WAY off color, because, to me, that stripe doesn't even look close to brown. It looks like a pale purple. The body looks almost grey! Is it my laptop screen, or does it look this way to others?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.