Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zaned303

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2015
Centennial CO
Awesome! I ordered the SG 64gb max
Looks like mainly gold color 256gb / 512gb and any 512GB's are the hardest to aquire
[doublepost=1539103667][/doublepost]Per all the previous posts NEVER use Apple Pay at Verzion its a scam and they will cancel your order at the last minute without telling you... use Apple Pay at your own peril

Tuckeral77

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2015
Ugh! This is so frustrating! I have a ship date of 10/10 for my XS max SG 64 gig and here it is 10/10 and no movement whatsoever.... so annoying.

Universal_Truth

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2018
I got the sense Verizon wasn’t going to ship mine either yesterday as it started to get to late afternoon and I was still waiting for a notification.

I ended up cancelling mine and buying one from the apple store instead.

Tuckeral77

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2015
I got the sense Verizon wasn’t going to ship mine either yesterday as it started to get to late afternoon and I was still waiting for a notification.

I ended up cancelling mine and buying one from the apple store instead.

That sounds like it would end up taking longer. I called Verizon and got things straightened out and they shipped my phone the same day.

I would recommend at least giving them a call first and seeing what’s up.

Universal_Truth

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2018
That sounds like it would end up taking longer. I called Verizon and got things straightened out and they shipped my phone the same day.

I would recommend at least giving them a call first and seeing what’s up.

It was actually faster cause I was able to pick it up same day. Sorry you’ve been delayed. Hope it arrives soon if hasn’t already!

Tuckeral77

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2015
It was actually faster cause I was able to pick it up same day. Sorry you’ve been delayed. Hope it arrives soon if hasn’t already!

That’s great!! I always forget some people have apple stores close by. Haha. Mine is coming tomorrow. The wait is almost over!!

kid84

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2017
Why yall dont cancel your order if it still not ship out yet ?

VZW store still no stock but Bestbuy and Target have alot of stock , all model all color all day everyday !!

Just make life easy instead of waitting for ship ...

icemantx

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2009
Any word if Verizon will offer any promotions on the XR? My guess is a deal that requires a new line, if any deals at all.

SouthernGuy12

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2018
Any word if Verizon will offer any promotions on the XR? My guess is a deal that requires a new line, if any deals at all.

Those deals benefit Verizon. If I don't need a new line but I add one just to obtain a free phone, then basically I am paying for the free phone with the line I have to purchase.

Reactions: ssl0408

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
I was just wondering the same thing... If there are any trade-in promotions, would we see them tonight/tomorrow for pre-orders, or is it more likely to see them next Friday when the XR is released? (I should have been paying attention with the XS pre-order and release!)

Also, any chance that the price of the 8/8+ might drop some more with the XR coming out? It seems odd that the 8+ would only be $50 less than the XR, IMO.

nottooshabby

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
I was just wondering the same thing... If there are any trade-in promotions, would we see them tonight/tomorrow for pre-orders, or is it more likely to see them next Friday when the XR is released? (I should have been paying attention with the XS pre-order and release!)

Also, any chance that the price of the 8/8+ might drop some more with the XR coming out? It seems odd that the 8+ would only be $50 less than the XR, IMO.

Verizon's site is showing buy 1 XR, XS, etc, get $750 off another XR, but you have to add a line of service, ugh.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/apple/

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Verizon's site is showing buy 1 XR, XS, etc, get $750 off another XR, but you have to add a line of service, ugh.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/apple/
Yeah, that sucks. Seems like most of the deals are usually for new lines now. However, in the feed in my Verizon app, there is now an ad that states “Up to $300 off iPhone”. Tapping that shows the latest models (8/8+, X, XS/XS Max). I didn’t see any more details about the $300 offer, but hopefully it means it’s coming soon!

Zaned303

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2015
Centennial CO
Looking like Verizon preorder might be live for the XR FYI I just did a mock order and was able to get to check out page If anyone is heading the XR route

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.