Videos are crooked in safari on macOS 10.13.4 and safari 11.1

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by NapoleonIV, May 8, 2018.

1. NapoleonIV, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018

NapoleonIV macrumors member

When watching a video on youtube of other streaming sites, once the video controls disappear after a few seconds, the entire video becomes skewed to the side and crooked. I tried to screenshot it but the screen shot showed a straight video the way it should have been! I therefore had to take a picture with my phone. Does anyone have an idea as to how I might fix this? I can’t watching videos online! This started happening before the most recent update.

Attached Files:

2. vddobrev macrumors 6502

I have the same issue on MacBook Pro 13” 2015, and it happens in Safari and iTunes with 4:3 videos, or at least not with all videos. It looks like it is related to screen resolution - default for display is when the issue is present, anything else and videos play normally.

3. NapoleonIV thread starter macrumors member

Unfortunately I am still encountering this problem after having changed my display preferences.
    --- Post Merged, May 8, 2018 ---
    Ok, I see that when I select the highest resolution, it actually just changes back to default for display. Lowering the resolution fixed the problem.

4. TETENAL macrumors regular

I have the same issue with a MacBook Pro 13" 2015. I am running the "default" display resolution.

5. MSastre macrumors 6502

MSastre

I'm running the latest version of High Sierra on a late 2013 15" rMBP and am not seeing this issue at all.

6. vddobrev macrumors 6502

Can you check other resolutions and report if it fixes the issue.

7. TETENAL macrumors regular

I could try changing the screen resolution, when it happens again. It's not always this way.

I won't call it a "fix" though. The "default" screen resolution is the resolution I want to use. It should work (and all the other too).

8. vddobrev macrumors 6502

I agree 100% is not a fix I also want to use the default resolution. But when I hit this issue changing the resolution works.

9. NapoleonIV thread starter macrumors member

I changed the resolution, then I changed it back to default for screen after a few days including restarts. No problems since then.

10. MSastre macrumors 6502

MSastre

11. NapoleonIV thread starter macrumors member

Never mind, it started again. This is really annoying.