Violently being push to Android Platform

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wongster41, Jul 15, 2010.

1. wongster41 macrumors regular

Anyone feel the same as me? I'm so frustrated with Apple and I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I returned my iPhone 4 because of the reception issue and back to my iPhone 3g. I need a new phone because my 3g is slow, but at the same time I won't allow myself to get stuck in a 2 year contract with an intermittent iPhone 4.

I really don't want to jump to the android platform because I have so much invested in the iTunes store already, and lets face it, Apple have the best hardware out in the smartphone market IMO. Having said that, I feel Apple is violently pushing their loyal customers towards the android platform if they don't have a remedy for the iPhone 4 reception issue tomorrow. Anyone else jumping to the android platform if they don't announce a fix tomorrow at the press conference?

2. PhoneI macrumors 65816

Try an Android device for a few days. You will come running back.

3. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

Go and get an Android then, You will be back to the iPhone in less than 3 months.

4. intervenient macrumors 6502a

At first it felt like a violent push for me, but after reading some Android forums, they all seems like really nice, creative, helpful people. I'm very excited about my Captivate.

5. jtharris macrumors newbie

And by violently you mean Apple is holding a knife to your neck while screaming "get an Android phone! Get an Android phone! Or I'll slit your throat!" ?

You have a choice. You might have invested in the iTunes store, but that doesn't mean you still don't have a choice. Get rid of iPhone if it's not suiting your needs/expectations.

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I can third this.

I've tried on several occasions to switch to Android and I have what most consider the best Android device out there (Nexus One). It may sound repetitive but it lacks the polish iOS flaunts.

7. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I almost feel that way but the only phone I'd switch to at this very moment would be a droid x. After playing with one today, I don't think I'd be happy..

8. Polarian Method macrumors newbie

I ditched my 3G for a Nexus One three months ago and after a week of being relatively excited while I figured out the new OS, I have regretted the move ever since. Too many rough edges in the OS, sucky apps (both builtin and paid), less than impressive touch screen accuracy, etc.

I think most people really excited about Android have not spent enough time with iOS. It has been nearly impossible to find people with significant iOS experience who have been truly happy with switching to Android.

9. wongster41 thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, did you not read what was said? I did get rid of the iPhone 4, and about to get rid of the iPhone 3g because it's slow. I know I have choices, and my choices are frustrating. It's either buy another iPhone 4 and deal with the reception issue, or go over to a less exciting android platform and 2nd par hardware and lose everything I've invested in the iTunes app store.

10. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

Lol violently? Come on m8, we're trying to chose the multi hundred dollar phone we want to use in order to have incredibly advanced technology. We're luckier than most in the world, some of whom really are being violently pushed into doing things.

11. phrint macrumors 6502

I hope your joking. Give it a while on the Android forums. You will find just as many crazed fanboys over there as you will over here.

12. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Yes. How it any of it violent?

13. kuaiyouming, Jul 15, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  14. wongster41 thread starter macrumors regular

how about not acknowledging the reception issue for starters.

15. xraytech macrumors 68020

+1

To the original poster...

I double dog dare you!!!

DO IT!!!
    DO IT!!!
    DO IT!!!
    DO IT!!!

16. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

1) don't be so dramatic..."violently pushed" ...seriously
    2) 4 to 3G...no kidding it's slow...you missed the middle one (3GS)

17. intervenient macrumors 6502a

I'm not saying there's not crazed fanboys, I've encountered a few, but most of them are what I described. A good number of them are a fan of iOS, but want more to do with it. A good number of Apple fans say "Couldn't afford an iPhone?" in response to Androids. I used to as well.

18. pugnut macrumors 6502a

+1 plus lets see receipts to prove if. Fact is it will not happen

19. iPadThai macrumors 6502a

Many of you here who are bitching about apple and the iPhone 4 is just silly.

Not that it's not warranted to be angry, but seriously have you enjoyed your device yet? I have been enjoying it for quite some time now with a case over it. In fact, I have 3 different cases including a bumper.

Problems solved. Well, not quite solved but good enough for me.

just my 2 cents. but if apple recalls the phone, I'll be in line for that too.

And android phones are just not good enough to REPLACE the iPhone 4 - maybe a desperate back up phone yes, but never would I leave the iPhone 4 for an android device - I'd go back to my razr and cancel my outrageous data plan before I go android.

20. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Um, maybe you missed this: Letter from Apple Regarding iPhone 4

Also: violent. "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

21. intervenient macrumors 6502a

How silly of us to pay $200 and actually expect it to work correctly :rolleyes:

22. iPadThai macrumors 6502a

it does work :rolleyes:

23. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

my iPhone 4
    [​IMG]

I was curious about the Droid X
    [​IMG]

I hate android though, but verizon's network is better than AT&T

24. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

it does but how fast ?

25. wongster41 thread starter macrumors regular

umm... did you read the letter? where did they acknowledge theres a reception issue with the iPhone 4? They claim there is an issue with how the software displays the bar inaccurately, and they're coming out with a software fix for it. No where in the letter they address touching the lower left corner of the iPhone will cause drop calls and cause transmission of 3g data to a halt.