Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rvpt

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
I'll make my first post a status update for the Northeast..

2 iPhone 6 16GB (one Gray one Gold) ordered about 0430 EDT 9/12 .
Order number: 143XXX
Deliver by: 9/19/14
Confirmation email received at 0510 EDT 9/12.

$1 auth and a full charge on the AMEX since Sunday. Status at My Verizon showed that item will ship by 9/19 since yesterday.

Now at 1437 EDT today I have a shipping confirmation email with one tracking number, followed by a order status email at 1506 ( seems to be in reverse order) with 4 tracking numbers (2 phones, 2 sims) The four tracking numbers show up in Memphis. The email with one tracking number shows nothing.

So it looks like the "straight" 6's are moving, at least from D772001; And I was by no means early, I couldn't sign in to verizon's website until after 0400 due to the EDCT error, whatever that was.

P.S. The "check back tomorrow" status was only active for about 10 minutes. It then went back to "ships on 9/19" until later in the afternoon when I got the shipping emails.

:) If you think you were late, what do you say for me??? ;)
I ordered 9/13 @ 6:20PM and my 16GB iPhone 6 is gonna reach me on 9/19 :cool:

sdyoyo

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2006
Ordered 9/12 12:15am PST. Confirmation 1:46am says delivery date 9/19

Finally today pre-order status changed to : in progress, check again tomorrow.
Credit card charged.

Looks like I will have the phone on Friday. Yay

My preorder finally changed to the same thing, D771101

PanAm-L1011

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
Republic of California
I feel like Apple sent a VERY limited amount of that configuration to Verizon, because I’ve seen people who ordered them through Apple have tracking info.

I'm right there with ya. I won't be standing in line, but I'll stop by a few places. If I happen to come across one, then awesome, if not, so be it. Good luck hunting.

There's still time. I am sure more people will get shipping notices today and some tomorrow. Verizon probably knew what number of each model they were going to get. It's like Amazon.com when you see "Only 3 Left in Stock." Go by your confirmation email.

PixieGirl

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2012
Before the people with a 10/14 ship dates get discouraged and start canceling their preorders. My preorder from last year came a week and a half early.

DJames76

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
Bay Area
I feel like Apple sent a VERY limited amount of that configuration to Verizon, because I’ve seen people who ordered them through Apple have tracking info.

I'm right there with ya. I won't be standing in line, but I'll stop by a few places. If I happen to come across one, then awesome, if not, so be it. Good luck hunting.

You too, I feel your pain hope we get some kind of good news.:cool:

bdb23

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
I can't bring myself to wait outside a Verizon store. One black Friday at Best Buy standing in line was enough to last me a lifetime and with my luck my store would have none.

It was nothing like black friday... I got to Verizon store for iPhone 5 at around 6AM in Phoenix, got my black 64gb without much issues.

Yes, the apple store lines are insane, but verizon store lines aren't really that bad. That said, they did sell out of black 16gb before I got up to order (about 20th in line)... but I wasn't interested in that anyways. I'm sure with the production issues of the 6+ it may be a bit tougher to get that one, still is nothing like black friday.

Pretty peaceful.

tak09

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
That's crazy I ordered in the first 45 minutes and got a 111xxx one hundred thousand number for my bay area ca distribution center ( i assume that's how they are suing these order numbers)

Yeah, like I said, I have no clue how that happened. I also have a strange Order Location #, in that mine is all numeric 0862001. I got my confirmation email at 2:35am CST, so it's not like my order was delayed. That order number either doesn’t correlate to order time and it’s just a random number, or their system seriously screwed up (although a VZW rep assured me my order has no errors).

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
I can't bring myself to wait outside a Verizon store. One black Friday at Best Buy standing in line was enough to last me a lifetime and with my luck my store would have none.

The likelihood of finding ANY Plus model on Friday is I would say next to 0%. So I wouldn't want to stand in any of those lines! I saw someone say that Dallas/ Fort Worth APPLE stores (all of them) have a inventory of ZERO plus's for Friday. Think about that.

OSK9261

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2014
I would be careful. Store inventory is going to be extremely limited. Some smaller stores aren't getting anything. Medium sized stores are slated to get some of several variations. Larger stores a handful ofore variations. Don't shoot yourself in the foot. I wish you luck.

Thank You
people in my town don't line up until 5 if there is a 6+ gray it will be mine lol but I explained to them that I have an online order and they said they would help me cancel on Friday

tak09

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
There's still time. I am sure more people will get shipping notices today and some tomorrow. Verizon probably knew what number of each model they were going to get. It's like Amazon.com when you see "Only 3 Left in Stock." Go by your confirmation email.

Yeah, but all the 16gb + grey and gold confirmation emails have a 10/14 date, no matter how early we ordered. That's why I think they have short supply, or something is messed up.

Xerotech

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2011
Nice try, Sez 10/28 man:(

Off Contract->Select Full Price and not Edge
Here is proof of all models for gold/space 6 & 6+ 16/64/128

oqIgI0U.jpg

PixieGirl

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2012
It was nothing like black friday... I got to Verizon store for iPhone 5 at around 6AM in Phoenix, got my black 64gb without much issues.

Yes, the apple store lines are insane, but verizon store lines aren't really that bad. That said, they did sell out of black 16gb before I got up to order (about 20th in line)... but I wasn't interested in that anyways. I'm sure with the production issues of the 6+ it may be a bit tougher to get that one, still is nothing like black friday.

Pretty peaceful.

But don't you need to get there hours before? I've never tried to get a phone on launch day besides online.

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
I placed my order for 1 iPhone 6 64GB and 1 iPhone 6 Plus 64GB on the 12th at 4:30am. Verizon is still showing my order as in process with shipping as unavailable. My email confirmation states shipping on 10/7. No charge to my credit card yet either. At this point I am sure I won't get them on the 19th. Sucks that I got up that early for nothing. :(

I'm right there with ya! Ordered my 6+ and hubby's 6 at 3:45 am. His 6 will be here Friday and he could care less. My 6+ should be here by 10/7. I'm mad that I got up at 2:45 am for no reason!

Still might try to store route Friday morning if I could get some sort of even semi-confirmation that they would have any 6+ models in stock. At this point nobody knows anything, but of course they don't have the phones in hand yet at this point so you never know.....:rolleyes:

Apollo85

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2013
D771101 (Philadelphia area)

Ordered the iPhone 6 64 GB Silver Grey shortly after midnight on 9/12.

About an hour ago, my card was charged and Verizon's site said the order is in process and to check back tomorrow.

Just waiting on the shipping info now I suppose. Really hope I get it on Friday.

fireguy286

macrumors demi-god
Sep 15, 2014
NY'er in Philly
No updates for my 10/7 order, looks like it will officially be in the next go round.

They are doing this (largely) based in order. As you've seen the last few pages, many of the 3:30-4am orders are going out now, so if any 10/7s will go it'll be last minute tomorrow. Still some hope for a few. Also I have it on good authority the 10/7 group will be sooner than 10/7 anyway.

bdb23

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
But don't you need to get there hours before? I've never tried to get a phone on launch day besides online.

Yeah, few hours, they open the stores at like 8AM here though... and they come out earlier than that with papers and go down the line a bit before they open up where you "sign up" for what you want, so you do know if you're going to get one.

Like I said, that was for the 5, with the production issues of the 6+ could be far far harder, but a regular 6 I'd imagine not much issues.

This year I pre-ordered, and to be honest, I spent longer obsessively checking this page and my tracking on Verizon and my e-mail than I spent for the iPhone 5 in line... so it's all relative really.

Sara7777

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2014
Seems like the 6+ 128gb silver are finally seeing some movement! HURRAY: :)

I have heard cards don't get charged until the item ships? So being charged must mean it has shipped we are just waiting on the tracking numbers?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.