Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

projectfx

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2014
They are doing this (largely) based in order. As you've seen the last few pages, many of the 3:30-4am orders are going out now, so if any 10/7s will go it'll be last minute tomorrow. Still some hope for a few. Also I have it on good authority the 10/7 group will be sooner than 10/7 anyway.

yeah, only placed the order at 3:20 and still got 10/7...

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2009
They are doing this (largely) based in order. As you've seen the last few pages, many of the 3:30-4am orders are going out now, so if any 10/7s will go it'll be last minute tomorrow. Still some hope for a few. Also I have it on good authority the 10/7 group will be sooner than 10/7 anyway.

I figured it would be sooner, I'm just confirming that all the CSRs were nuts when they kept saying it would be here Friday :cool:

My order was at like 5AM EST, after that error finally quit.

DJames76

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
Bay Area
I asked earlier but no one responded, does anyone know how to get your exact order time from when you bought the phone, not the time stamp on the email confirmation they send you after the fact?

timize

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Just called Verizon customer service and they said my preorder was cancelled! I'm so peeved. My bank account has already been charged and a tracking # was sent to me. The representative put me on hold a total of 7 times every time I asked for a supervisor, then he decided to hang up after telling me he could not connect me to a supervisor.

I'm calling them back now.

PanAm-L1011

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
Republic of California
I bet a lot of 6+ people will be heading to Verizon stores next week to try to exchange for a 6. If you haven't used a Galaxy Note or a comparable size phone before the 6+ is going to shock you. It takes a while to get used to and most people will not take the time. I would suggest those of you with order ship days, go to a store and see if there are any there.

Also, the location number means absolutely nothing. My friend that lives above me had the same location number as I - his is shipping from Memphis, mine from West Chester, PA.

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2009
I asked earlier but no one responded, does anyone know how to get your exact order time from when you bought the phone, not the time stamp on the email confirmation they send you after the fact?

I only have mine because I took a screenshot, I couldn't find it anywhere else.

PanAm-L1011

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
Republic of California
Just called Verizon customer service and they said my preorder was cancelled! I'm so peeved. My bank account has already been charged and a tracking # was sent to me. The representative put me on hold a total of 7 times every time I asked for a supervisor, then he decided to hang up after telling me he could not connect me to a supervisor.

I'm calling them back now.

Ok. If your bank was charged and you have a tracking number why on earth are you even calling? They don't know what they are talking about. You people need to stop calling them. It's such a waste of everyone's time.

Xerotech

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2011
Seems like the 6+ 128gb silver are finally seeing some movement! HURRAY: :)

I have heard cards don't get charged until the item ships? So being charged must mean it has shipped we are just waiting on the tracking numbers?

They will only charge once they ship, so yes. :)

Ambush083

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2008
Hawaii
My Story

When I first pre-ordered the webpage said 10/17, but the e-mail said 9/19. I kept seeing all these posts about how everyone got their tracking number. I was definitely feeling discouraged. I'm like I think I might get the short end of the stick on this. And what's worst, I've already auctioned my 5S in anticipation of my new phone.

Recently a tracking number appeared, but didn't show any details. But hey, this was good news! Progress. After many checks throughout the morning (due to my impatience) I finally saw some action, but no ETA. They left out the most important detail. Later on it showed it is on schedule and had full details regarding the tracking.

TLDR: I was definitely concerned about it, but I think everything is gonna be alright now. Positive actually.

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
Seems like the 6+ 128gb silver are finally seeing some movement! HURRAY: :)

I have heard cards don't get charged until the item ships? So being charged must mean it has shipped we are just waiting on the tracking numbers?

Your where mine was last night. Tracking # and email came this morning. It's coming on Friday....:)

----------

Yes, and tomorrow is Thursday.

Ah your right it is. I've been here obsessing so much I forgot what day it is!

bdb23

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
order update

6 - 128GB Silver

Order Number: 7199xxx
Order Location: W327701
Order Date: 09/16/2014
Deliver By: 09/19/2014

Just got shipping confirmation and fully charged on credit card...

Order number in the 7 millions, ordered yesterday, was unsure about it, but looking good now... glad I didn't want that 6+...

dblackwood72

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
Orange County, CA

I ordered immediately when the pre-sale began and just received a order status change and charge to my cc.

timize

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Ok. If your bank was charged and you have a tracking number why on earth are you even calling? They don't know what they are talking about. You people need to stop calling them. It's such a waste of everyone's time.

I called because UPS had no indication of the whereabouts of the phone. Others have had activity in their tracking info. If I didn't call, I wouldn't have known about them canceling my order.

Now, they're telling me this is a known issue with some customers and they need to fill out a form to send to their fraud unit before this can be resolved. LOS is 24 hours. Utterly ridiculous.

PanAm-L1011

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
Republic of California
I called because UPS had no indication of the whereabouts of the phone. Others have had activity in their tracking info. If I didn't call, I wouldn't have known about them canceling my order.

Now, they're telling me this is a known issue with some customers and they need to fill out a form to send to their fraud unit before this can be resolved. LOS is 24 hours. Utterly ridiculous.

Oh geez. Tough break. Sorry bro!

bdb23

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
I ordered immediately when the pre-sale began and just received a order status change and charge to my cc.

Yeah, he's wrong... order number doesn't matter, it's just an overall number for the 18 different possible configurations of the iphone 6/6+... every configuration has their own inventory lines, that have nothing to do with order number.

For example, you could order a 128gb gold 6 right now, and the VZW site is still quoting a date for 9/19... you want a slate grey 6+ youre looking 10/28 currently. Yet if you order both at the same time you'll get almost identical order numbers...

mastercheif91

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
Recap of my story:

Got on pre order page at 2:56 am EST, order completely finished for a 128GB Space Grey iPhone 6+ and confirmed by 3:00am, sent confirmation email later that day with 9/19 ship day. Then on monday, sent email saying order is cancelled, then shortly later email with "due to high demand your order has been delayed until 11/4.

Talked to multiple reps late monday and early tuesday, all absolutely clueless about what was going on. One said that Verizon would not be receiving ANY 6+'s until mid october. Was given apology and $30 bill credit for my troubles.

Finally spoke to fraud and online orders dept on the 877 number tuesday night. She said that she was just let known by her supervisor that there was a glitch in the fraud departments system where every order that was flagged for a fraud review was sent a cancellation notice erroneously. She said that while there was no way for me to personally check my order status due to the screwup, all of the orders that were affected by this glitch are still on track to be delivered for their originally given ship dates. I begged but she said there was no way for her to give me a functioning order number or tracking number of any kind for my own records.

Decided to give the same dept a call today to check up on things. The rep I spoke with today mirrored what the rep said last night about the glitch in the system. She then said that I have to give her some information so that she can fill out a "form" to send to the order team in order to proceed with my order and get any information about the order. I asked her if she could check my order status now and she said there was no way to do it, however she has been told that the majority of the orders will still be sent out for shipment by friday. She said that I would hear back within 24 hours with more information about things.

So much fun.

Order info was just finally added to my account. The first pages says my order date is 9/17. When you click on order information, it says the order date is 9/15. No other info than "Your order is currently being processed...". I used a family members AMEX card to utilize the free year they add on to the warranty so I can't check if they've charged the card yet which is frustrating :/.

PanAm-L1011

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
Republic of California
And for those of you who have later ship dates, I would definitely go by the Apple Store after work Friday. They get shipments all day. For the launches of the iPad 3, iPad Air and iPhone 5 I went by the Apple store on launch day, after work, and waited in line each time for about 15 minutes and walked out with a device. The iPhone 5 was the only one that didn't have the color and size I wanted when it got to be my turn. Since Jobs is gone, they seem to be able to meet supply and demand in the stores much better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.