Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Retrogecko

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2013
I think it's time for me to call it quits. I just got passed through six reps when I called in about the status of rebuilding my order & putting me back in line. No one seems to understand what's going on.

As it stands, I "might" get a confirmation email about the rebuild which may or may not even exist. No one seems to know.

I'll try to swing by my Verizon store Friday morning, but if they can't straighten this out, I have no idea what I'll do next. One thing's clear though, after this fiasco, if I want a phone on launch, I won't be ordering online.

I'll take my chances Friday morning. Whatever happens, happens I guess.

techop

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2007
Grand Rapids, MI
My guess is that it is on a pallet in a major hub and for security and inventory reasons pallets are scanned periodically so they can notice any discrepancies.

This is exactly how it works. The phones are in a single container which has one label on it, this label contains the information for all items within the container. Each time the container is scanned it updates the tracking information for every item within that container. You won't start seeing individual updates until the container is broke down and the individual packages are scanned.

These videos are interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSZdKK14zgg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYzQ7JSBIGU

marklw47

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
D772001 Shipping 16 GB 6's

I'll make my first post a status update for the Northeast..

2 iPhone 6 16GB (one Gray one Gold) ordered about 0430 EDT 9/12 .
Order number: 143XXX
Deliver by: 9/19/14
Confirmation email received at 0510 EDT 9/12.

$1 auth and a full charge on the AMEX since Sunday. Status at My Verizon showed that item will ship by 9/19 since yesterday.

Now at 1437 EDT today I have a shipping confirmation email with one tracking number, followed by a order status email at 1506 ( seems to be in reverse order) with 4 tracking numbers (2 phones, 2 sims) The four tracking numbers show up in Memphis. The email with one tracking number shows nothing.

So it looks like the "straight" 6's are moving, at least from D772001; And I was by no means early, I couldn't sign in to verizon's website until after 0400 due to the EDCT error, whatever that was.

P.S. The "check back tomorrow" status was only active for about 10 minutes. It then went back to "ships on 9/19" until later in the afternoon when I got the shipping emails.

Last edited:

kovey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2011
I don't know how I got sucked into this thread, but I'm so glad that I got my tracking number this morning so I can stop coming here.

128GB iPhone 6 Plus in White, order confirmation 3AM ET 9/12

ECJ

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2006
Memphis, TN
My Orders have just updated. They changed from Status "C" to "S", per this link. So now it says please check back tomorrow. The details are below. I used Edge, so no credit card to charge. Also I was affected by the ECDP error.

Order #358xxx
Ordered: 2x 6+ Silver 128GB
Order Time: 9/12/14 3:30am EST
Email Confirmation Ship date: 9/12 (yes, 9/12)
Order Status 1: Order received and being processed
Order Status 2: In Process, delivery date 10/14
Order Status 3: Unavailable at this time.
Order Status 4: Your order is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow.

Also my Order Status on my profile finally works and shows the information properly.

projectfx

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2014
My Orders have just updated. They changed from Status "C" to "S", per this link. So now it says please check back tomorrow. The details are below. I used Edge, so no credit card to charge.

Order #358xxx
Ordered: 2x 6+ Silver 128GB
Order Time: 9/12/14 3:30am EST
Email Confirmation Ship date: 9/12 (yes, 9/12)
Order Status 1: Order received and being processed
Order Status 2: In Process, delivery date 10/14
Order Status 3: Unavailable at this time.
Order Status 4: Your order is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow.

what is your orderCluster?

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
FINALLY after NO movement my expected ship date went from "not available at this time" to my order being processed and to check back tomorrow. :)

Silver 128gb 6 plus order at 3:45am EST with delivery date 9/19. Is this a good sign?! :)

:D Your getting your phone on Friday!!!!! Congrats!

DJames76

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
Bay Area
Has anyone with a deliver by date of 10/14 on their order confirmation email got a charge on their CC or shipping/tracking info?

pcrchicago

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
Location N211401 with a 2:10am Central Time order on 9/12 and email confirmation of 9/19 for silver 6+ 128...

After NOTHING since the order, my status has now finally changed to "please check back tomorrow". Looks like things are moving now!

Hoya1

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2009
I think it's time for me to call it quits. I just got passed through six reps when I called in about the status of rebuilding my order & putting me back in line. No one seems to understand what's going on.

As it stands, I "might" get a confirmation email about the rebuild which may or may not even exist. No one seems to know.

I'll try to swing by my Verizon store Friday morning, but if they can't straighten this out, I have no idea what I'll do next. One thing's clear though, after this fiasco, if I want a phone on launch, I won't be ordering online.

Hmmm... I originally had problems ordering online on the VZW website (through their iPhone 6 banner ad), so I used the online chat function with a rep, and that person got it straightened out for me by taking me through the Upgrade route.

I hope you get the phone you want on Friday!

projectfx

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2014
My ordercluster is "S". What does that mean? I couldn't find a meaning for that.

no clue dude mine is E. i thought maybe it means something. dont really see anything else there of any use to me except for

{"locationCode":"D771001","userId":"ICONIC","errMessage":"","iconicStatus":"C","orderCluster":"E","applicationType":"I","orderNum":XXXXX,"orderType":"PS","regionId":"NY","saleType":"","agentData":null,"itemDetailsList":

did the E ship?

4ubrey

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
Billed and Tracking my iPhone 6+ 128gb Space Grey. Woop

Preorder Confirmation: 919XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Order Number: 201XXX
Order Location: W779001
Order Date: 09/12/2014
Deliver By: 09/19/2014

Details:
I'm on EDGE, turned my 5S in and started a 'regular' two year contract. Also had my device shipped to my in-laws in FL where I'll be on Friday(vs CA where I live). CC finally charged full amount after Chase did 'protection' I called three times to ask them not to do in advance... called a rep and ran a different card, got tracking number with UPS, delivers Friday. As Steve would say: Boom.

It's been real gang. :) Until next year's anxiety fest, best of luck and hopefully you all get everything you want/ordered!

kokonutz

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2013

I believe a rebuild order is separate from recreating the order and expediting it. One rebuilds an original order and one recreates a brand new order, which they then put in for a jump the line request.

I wouldn't bank on waiting for a confirmation e-mail and just tell them you haven't received anything, and that you would like to recreate your order and have it expedited. Ask for a supervisor?

OSK9261

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2014
Has anyone with a deliver by date of 10/14 on their order confirmation email got a charge on their CC or shipping/tracking info?

I have 0 hope on that happening now... I am cancelling my pre order tomorrow at 3 am while in line at my verizon store

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.