Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
Thanks! I'm at work and need to pass the time somehow. I dunno what I'll do when everyone gets their phones. Hopefully there will be a "I can't stand this fridge phone" thread. :)

Since your at work and need to pass the time before the "MY GOD THIS PHONE IS SO ****** BIG" thread starts (maybe I should go start it now:)), if I could I'd call you and talk about my DirecTV issue!;)

(And yes I really do have a DIRECTV issue)

Last edited:

PanAm-L1011

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
Republic of California
Or maybe people who ordered the 6+ will actually like their phones and those who ordered the 6 will regret the purchase and return the 6 and get a 6+. Or maybe everybody will just happy with whatever they get #

Ha. I doubt it. I mean really, people who ordered the 6+ have no idea what they're getting themselves into. It takes time. When I got the Note, I told myself I would give it 13 so that I could return it on the 14th. During the first week I was convinced I would return it, but by day 14th that wasn't the case.

Draculance

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
Ha. I doubt it. I mean really, people who ordered the 6+ have no idea what they're getting themselves into. It takes time. When I got the Note, I told myself I would give it 13 so that I could return it on the 14th. During the first week I was convinced I would return it, but by day 14th that wasn't the case.

Once you use the bigger phone you will be shocked at how you even used such a small phone before. :apple:

JackWendyDanny

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
So yeah, Fedex just delivered my iPhone 6 +! Big surprise. I would share my unboxing video but I did that naked, so.. that's just for me. First thoughts? Yes, it's thin and yes it's HUGE. See attachment.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    587.4 KB · Views: 157

crfiv

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
NYC
$1 pending charge disappeared...

American express also. Nothing to worry just a waiting game now.

So I just called Verizon and apparently my order was on hold. Here's the full story just in case anyone else experienced this.

On Saturday, I got an AMEX fraud alert for my purchase of 2 iphone 6s. I called AMEX and confirmed charge was legit. Called Verizon immediately, explained the situation and was told everything was fine - it was just a pre-authorization and they said they will try again when it ships and not to worry. I saw the $1 pending charge on my AMEX so figured I was ok.

Given I didn't see any movement and the $1 pending charge on AMEX disappeared, I just called them to check in. Was told my entire order had been ON HOLD as my card was declined on Saturday and I should have received an email asking me to call and provide payment, but I never received that email.

We re-confirmed payment over the phone and now it's TBD as to when I'll get my phone...she said it still had a 9/19 date given my order time but that I would receive an email when it actually shipped.

But I'm frustrated as I took the time to call right after this happened on Saturday to be sure all was OK and to check if they needed to run my card again and was told that it was OK and not to worry. Really frustrating.:mad::mad::mad:

For anyone else that has similar experience, I would suggest that you call the 866 number on this board to check in today!

Last edited:

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
So yeah, Fedex just delivered my iPhone 6 +! Big surprise. I would share my unboxing video but I did that naked, so.. that's just for me. First thoughts? Yes, it's thin and yes it's HUGE. See attachment.

Lol you need a hobby

----------

I'm relieved I won't have any access to technology for the next 6 days. The rifle hunt for deer starts 9/19 and I'll be deep in the woods of the Sierra Nevadas in a couple hours. I can finally stop this obsessing of every inch my iPhone 6+ has moved. I never thought I'd get like this, but it's consumed me lol

Admitting that you have a problem is the first step to a full recovery!

bdb23

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
What are the wait times for a new Verizon order? space gray 128gb 4.7?

I have att phone arriving on the 19th but they are sh*theads and want to raise my bill by $15 a month.

The new verzion plan looks good at $60 for unlimited text, talk , 2gb

10/7... although they website still says 9/19 for gold and silver 128gb's... if you're open to a color swap.

timize

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Bummer, but it's not your responsibility. You are calling the wrong people. Call Verizon and tell them UPS lost your order in transit and to send another. Verizon should be filling out the form for lost merchandise since they are the shipper, not you.

Verizon actually admitted they cancelled the order. I'm assuming they cancelled it after they'd already proved the tracking label for UPS, since the UPS site didn't have any data.

pschatz12

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
OMG my expected ship date just changed to 9/19! My conformation date was 10/14 so people who think the email conformation date is correct I don't think this is true. My order number is for 6+ 16bg space gray and a 6 16gb space gray. Ordered at 320 am and order number 288598 from D771001. There's hope people tonight and tomorrow are going to be a big day

projectfx

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2014
OMG my expected ship date just changed to 9/19! My conformation date was 10/14 so people who think the email conformation date is correct I don't think this is true. My order number is for 6+ 16bg space gray and a 6 16gb space gray. Ordered at 320 am and order number 288598 from D771001. There's hope people tonight and tomorrow are going to be a big day

ok i am in the same location order #285XXX but my is a 129GB 6+ lets hope that means i am getting a confirmation soon :eek:

SonRK

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2011
Ordered at approx. 3:30 AM EST, with Bill to Account.

It finally showed up on My Account as an "order date" of 9/14, but it says 9/12 if you click on more details.

Still processing, a call to Verizon says it will SHIP ON 9/19, not necessarily arrive on the 19th.

pschatz12

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014

*****. 2 seconds later changed to 10/14 wtf

PixieGirl

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2012
Since your at work and need to pass the time before the "MY GOD THIS PHONE IS SO ****** BIG" thread starts (maybe I should go start it now:)), if I could I'd call you and talk about my DirecTV issue!;)

(And yes I really do have a DIRECTV issue)

Yes you should! haha As long as your issue doesn't involve a remote control and screaming at me for a good minute straight only for it to be due to dead batteries..(yes) just happened. lol

roger05

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2014
I asked earlier but no one responded, does anyone know how to get your exact order time from when you bought the phone, not the time stamp on the email confirmation they send you after the fact?

I looked at my contract agreement under receipts & documents and their is a time stamp at the bottom of the agreement reflecting when I agreed to the terms. I hope that helps.

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Cleveland , OH
I signed up for UPS My Choice and opted to have the phone held at the distribution center. Anyone know if I could pick it up tomorrow night? Assuming it's at the distribution center.

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Cleveland , OH
Is anyone holding out updating their current phone to iOS 8 and waiting to experience it on their new iPhone 6/6+?

I'm updating right now and I'm second guessing myself on the 16gb purchase. May take to Verizon and swap for a 64gb next week. Although, I don't keep music or videos on my phone. I move them to a cloud storage.

jpalms

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2012
Is anyone holding out updating their current phone to iOS 8 and waiting to experience it on their new iPhone 6/6+?

I am. Wasn't planning on it, but the download time for IOS 8 was 12 hrs when i checked couple hours ago... no thanks I'll wait for my new phone.

OceanMindedBoy

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
Orange County, CA

mine changed to 9/19 too! BUT it's not the first time it happens. It could be a system glitch

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.