Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hmartin

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2014
Is anyone holding out updating their current phone to iOS 8 and waiting to experience it on their new iPhone 6/6+?

I am! Not voluntarily, but because I don't have 5GB for the update on my teeny tiny 16GB phone lol. Can't wait for my 128GB!

pschatz12

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
I noticed it doing that the other day. With 250,000 people refreshing their status every 10 seconds there are bound to be issues. My card was charged yesterday and my order is confirmed to be here for friday and my expected delivery date says 10/28.

What did you order?

OrderFromChaos

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
Finally decided to call Verizon since my order status reads "Your order is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow."

The rep was able to pull up the order, billing information, etc. and said that my order is "Complete, On-Hold". He explained it as the order is completed and now just waiting on shipment. Super nice guy, felt bad for him since he apologized about his more-raspy-than-normal voice. Stop calling Verizon we're affecting their employees health! :D

BTW, order was for two 6 Plus 128 GB Space Gray.

FireCapt

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
Not just you, it's almost ALL 16gb + in Space Grey and Gold. We've seen a couple ship, but very few. We all got a 10/14 delivery time no matter how quickly we ordered. My order was complete at 2:11am CST, and I still got a 10/14 date. My order number is also in the 2 millions, which makes no sense either. Something is up with the 16gb +'s. Only time will tell I guess...

Yep I talk to a contact that said the Space Grey 16gbs in both iPhone 6 and 6+ were just begining to come in. and to look for a change next couple of days. Doesn't sound like too many will make the 19th though, sounds more like next week. ;) the least popular colors are what moving at the moment. :apple::apple:

jkskrap

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
Beautiful SW Florida
So yeah, Fedex just delivered my iPhone 6 +! Big surprise. I would share my unboxing video but I did that naked, so.. that's just for me. First thoughts? Yes, it's thin and yes it's HUGE. See attachment.

Ah, we have missed The Shining's humor! He's back!

I think there will be more regret from the 6 owners than the 6+

Doubt it. Don't forget the $35 restocking fee if ya wanna exchange your 6 for a 6+.

*****. 2 seconds later changed to 10/14 wtf

My Verizon account order page still has screwy info - so there is still hope for you. Don't give up!

OceanMindedBoy

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
Orange County, CA
Yep I talk to a contact that said the Space Grey 16gbs in both iPhone 6 and 6+ were just begining to come in. and to look for a change next couple of days. Doesn't sound like too many will make the 19th though, sounds more like next week. ;) the least popular colors are what moving at the moment. :apple::apple:

Contact person = Verizon customer service ;) lol

hansmoleman

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
No tracking for me, yet. Guessing overnight that will update.

Never did doubt you. Just have been against people telling others they will get their phones on time. Bold statement to make considering everything is in Apple, Verizon, and FedEx's hands.

Agreed with you - all I've been suggesting is that VZ has been good about meeting their obligations... I can think of very few instances - if any - with previous prelaunches where people have been left out in the cold when they shouldn't have been.

Waiting days, getting a long lead time and then expecting it to magically get moved up is nuts.

Getting a confirmed launch date means you'll get it then, no matter what the system says in the middle. My point this whole time is that the VZW folks are empowered to make it right - not to make miracles for anyone and everyone, but to /do the right thing/ by folks.

The order cancellation and rebook thing can cause fallout, so best to call in and request that you get your spot in line. It's all good :)

Glad they came through for you!

Drew888

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Agreed with you - all I've been suggesting is that VZ has been good about meeting their obligations... I can think of very few instances - if any - with previous prelaunches where people have been left out in the cold when they shouldn't have been.

Waiting days, getting a long lead time and then expecting it to magically get moved up is nuts.

Getting a confirmed launch date means you'll get it then, no matter what the system says in the middle. My point this whole time is that the VZW folks are empowered to make it right - not to make miracles for anyone and everyone, but to /do the right thing/ by folks.

The order cancellation and rebook thing can cause fallout, so best to call in and request that you get your spot in line. It's all good :)

Glad they came through for you!

This is my first preorder through Verizon, usually go through Apple. Maybe they will ultimately pull through at the end, but their own "mismatch mess" doesn't put someone at ease.

Since this has happened in the past, from what others have said, wouldn't they want to fix it? They'd save their reps from dealing with many of these people calling in....

----------

Lol, seeing that I ordered on 9/12 in the AM and I was told by the rep it was going to ship earlier and to disregard the confirmation email because that's not accurate and that the order status is the one to go by, yes I think it is ridiculous.

It sounds like the rep got it backwards, everyone else is saying go by the email, LMAO

ET3SW

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2011
TX
Verizon actually admitted they cancelled the order. I'm assuming they cancelled it after they'd already proved the tracking label for UPS, since the UPS site didn't have any data.

It's possible they are not quite sure what is going on. I think most peoples packages from UPS are just saying that they have a shipping label generated and it's expected to ship tomorrow. What exactly does your UPS tracking say? How long ago did you get the tracking number?

mastercheif91

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
Recap of my story:

Got on pre order page at 2:56 am EST, order completely finished for a 128GB Space Grey iPhone 6+ and confirmed by 3:00am, sent confirmation email later that day with 9/19 ship day. Then on monday, sent email saying order is cancelled, then shortly later email with "due to high demand your order has been delayed until 11/4.

Talked to multiple reps late monday and early tuesday, all absolutely clueless about what was going on. One said that Verizon would not be receiving ANY 6+'s until mid october. Was given apology and $30 bill credit for my troubles.

Finally spoke to fraud and online orders dept on the 877 number tuesday night. She said that she was just let known by her supervisor that there was a glitch in the fraud departments system where every order that was flagged for a fraud review was sent a cancellation notice erroneously. She said that while there was no way for me to personally check my order status due to the screwup, all of the orders that were affected by this glitch are still on track to be delivered for their originally given ship dates. I begged but she said there was no way for her to give me a functioning order number or tracking number of any kind for my own records.

Decided to give the same dept a call today to check up on things. The rep I spoke with today mirrored what the rep said last night about the glitch in the system. She then said that I have to give her some information so that she can fill out a "form" to send to the order team in order to proceed with my order and get any information about the order. I asked her if she could check my order status now and she said there was no way to do it, however she has been told that the majority of the orders will still be sent out for shipment by friday. She said that I would hear back within 24 hours with more information about things.

So much fun.

This is the same type of situation I'm in. Keep us updated, please!

Just checked the AMEX statement. Card was charged on September 17th for $569.74. Things are looking up! :)

smokechaser

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
Kansas City
9/17/2014 - Wednesday
3:10 pm At local FedEx facility NEWARK, NJ
1:16 am At local FedEx facility NEWARK, NJ

9/16/2014 - Tuesday

3:28 pm At local FedEx facility NEWARK, NJ
9:30 am Arrived at FedEx location NEWARK, NJ
7:00 am Left FedEx origin facility COATESVILLE, PA
1:42 am Picked up WEST CHESTER, PA

Drew888

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
9/17/2014 - Wednesday
3:10 pm At local FedEx facility NEWARK, NJ
1:16 am At local FedEx facility NEWARK, NJ

9/16/2014 - Tuesday

3:28 pm At local FedEx facility NEWARK, NJ
9:30 am Arrived at FedEx location NEWARK, NJ
7:00 am Left FedEx origin facility COATESVILLE, PA
1:42 am Picked up WEST CHESTER, PA

Wrong thread.

OSK9261

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2014
Update on 2 16gb gray iphone + my ship date is now showing 10/14 and not "not available at this time" makes me feel so much better Verizon!:mad:

hansmoleman

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
This is my first preorder through Verizon, usually go through Apple. Maybe they will ultimately pull through at the end, but their own "mismatch mess" doesn't put someone at ease.

Since this has happened in the past, from what others have said, wouldn't they want to fix it? They'd save their reps from dealing with many of these people calling in....

----------

It sounds like the rep got it backwards, everyone else is saying go by the email, LMAO

There's (literally) 30+ years of legacy stuff wrapped up in that system .... Wish it were easy to correct, but it isn't. There's been plans in place for several years to do so, but it's like rebuilding a 747 mid-flight. But again, the good news is that it'll all work out.

tkmcguire1

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2009
Oklahoma
I placed 2 orders,one for 16gb space gray 6+ the other for 16Gb silver 6 +
The silver is shipped already but the space gray got put on hold because I had to verify info with them and the date got pushed to 10/14,well good news my card got charged and it was sent for shipping so it looks like both will be here on Friday:D Happy happy happy :D:)

jstkdn

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2012
Columbus, OH
u have 14 days to turn it in after you get the new phone.

btw i "edged up" on the 12th...not sure what you were told.

I have a question about this, maybe you can help. I did an early Edge upgrade, too, but nowhere in my order process or email confirmation has there been anything about the phone return. Did you see anything during your process?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.