Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
I have a question about this, maybe you can help. I did an early Edge upgrade, too, but nowhere in my order process or email confirmation has there been anything about the phone return. Did you see anything during your process?

You have to return the phone or else Verizon will bill you for it. It'll be on your next bill. Just make sure you return the phone within 14 days of when you get your new phone activated and you'll be ok.

Smash1680

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
I'm wondering if they will be available for pick up tomorrow night. I signed up for that UPS My Choice and had the phone held. Surely it would be at the facility tomorrow night?

I seriously doubt it, I have mine held for pick up as well. I'm pretty sure they won't release it before Friday morning. I hold packages for pick up all the time and you generally can't pick them up until they send you an email saying it's ready for pick up. It's not going to stop me from trying though if it is in the warehouse before they close tomorrow night!

aledclar

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
My order is still "processing" with an unknown ship date... I live about an hour and a half from Memphis so I'm trying to stay optimistic...

Ordered at 2:01AM central
2 iPhone 6+ (Both 16GB)

lienhart

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2013
Prayung that my phone will move tomorrow. You've seen enough of Memphis, iPhone! :D

PS: SwiftKey keyboard is so cool! Definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried yet, didn't even think I would like it but clearly I was wrong :D

Meowmeow123

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2014
I'm wondering if they will be available for pick up tomorrow night. I signed up for that UPS My Choice and had the phone held. Surely it would be at the facility tomorrow night?

Probably not. I've been told before that they leave the packages on the pallet until the morning that it is scheduled for delivery, and at that point they scan it and see it's being held for pickup and set it aside rather than putting it on a truck.

mastercheif91

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
What's your day job when you're not trolling? :rolleyes:

This thread is a valuable source of information for a lot of people who have been having real problems with their pre-orders. It already moves at break neck pace and it's hard to keep track of all of the new information the people keep providing. Posting one's tracking information does nothing for anyone and creates more noise for people trying to gather information that might actually be of use to them. There's a thread for people posting tracking updates.

Rathakoy86

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2013
Hi guys,
I ordered September 13th at my local SoCal Verizon store. I bought a space grey 6 16gb and got a date of 10/7. I didn't receive any pre authorization on my card or any charges. I'm not in a rush to get the phone but last night my date changed from 10/7 to not available at this time. Does that mean my iPhone is being processed or are they going to change my date further back? Thanks all

OSK9261

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2014
My order is still "processing" with an unknown ship date... I live about an hour and a half from Memphis so I'm trying to stay optimistic...

Ordered at 2:01AM central
2 iPhone 6+ (Both 16GB)

same models same number of phones. I am wishing I would of gone with the 64gb right about now lol

JackWendyDanny

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
Step by step is an understatement. They are monitoring flights and tracking them over the ocean while doin research on the plane it is on such as make, toilet color, and what sized underwear the pilot is wearing.

I hope my 6 + is being flown over by a pilot who is wearing NO underwear. I want my 6 + to have that kinda start in life. I want only what is best for it.

bornjr

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2011
Virginia
I had to go to the mall today and pick up some bath towels. I happened by a Verizon store and asked him if he would look up my order since it wasn't giving me a delivery date. He said he couldn't get anymore information than what I was getting online. I told him no problem, that I had an iPhone 5 without contract and had paid full price, was in no hurry and just wondering.

He said that they would send people like me that have orders with the old Grandfathered Unlimited data plans to the rear!

blb20

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2014
The ship date for my 16GB+ in Space Grey just went from blank to 10/14 so no hope for me. I think I'll try my luck at a Verizon store on Friday morning. I called and the rep said they weren't even aloud to open the box until Friday morning so they don't know what their inventory even is :/ if I can get one I'll cancel my order and use a different line to upgrade and if not I'll just have to wait I suppose :rolleyes:

DJAznSensation

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2008
Finally some movement!!!

New Line - iPhone 6+ 128gb Space Grey

Friday Sept 12th
Finished checkout process 3:03am EST
Order on hold email: 3:04am EST
Called in and resolved address discrepancy 3:13am EST
Order Confirmation email 4:46am EST
  • Preorder Confirmation: 91******01
  • Order Number: 13******
  • Order Location: D772101
  • Deliver By: 09/19/2014

Saturday September 13th - Tuesday September 16th
A handful of worried calls to Verizon (866.338.7390), with no answer but "It is still in process"

Wednesday September 17th
My credit card got charged!!! 3:38pm EST
Never thought I'd see the day where I say "I'm glad they took my money!"

Hopefully I'll get my tracking number soon with a delivery date of the 19th!!!

:apple:

metzy25

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
So I currently have verizon edge and was looking to pre order a iPhone 6 by edging up. I have $224.79 to pay while giving them my phone back that I currently have. Some reason when I go and edge up on Verizon's website and go through the whole check out process it says at the top of the screen that I can only sign a two year contract. Anyone have a similar experience or know why I can only sign a two year contract even tho I selected edge?

tigerfan41

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
Prayung that my phone will move tomorrow. You've seen enough of Memphis, iPhone! :D

PS: SwiftKey keyboard is so cool! Definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried yet, didn't even think I would like it but clearly I was wrong :D

SwiftKey is amazing. I've used it for years on my Android devices (always the first app I download) and it's the one thing I always wanted my iPhone to have. Just tested it on my iPad Mini and it makes typing sooooo much easier.

My phone is stuck in Newark. Looks like it's shipping overnight standard, so I am guessing it leaves either late tonight or tomorrow for Michigan. :D

I've had my phone case for almost a week now, and the screen protector already came, so I'm quite anxious for my 6+ to arrive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.