Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keniutek

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2011
Poland
Pretty bummed about the "no update thing". I was waiting for the new '13, will go with the new Air now i think. I don't mind the screen res being lower... the wedge design is what bothers me the most ;)

vash420

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2010
It's driving me insane, especially as I have the money right here to spend on a top end rMBP. Apple, LET ME GIVE YOU MONEY. :mad:

After reading many, many, sites about the Haswell refresh it's not looking good for earlier than October. :rolleyes:

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
It's driving me insane, especially as I have the money right here to spend on a top end rMBP. Apple, LET ME GIVE YOU MONEY. :mad:

After reading many, many, sites about the Haswell refresh it's not looking good for earlier than October. :rolleyes:

Yeah man, I have a savings account specifically just for my new rMBP!

It's agonizing watching that money collect $0.001 bi-weekly interest. :rolleyes: :eek:

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
Something tells me it will only get updated in August, September, October timeframe.

Agreed. The sooner the better, obviously. ;)

My 2010 Air (see below) has been great to me, but I've managed to bring it to its knees for the first time recently thanks to my taking up of FCPX/Motion.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009

I'm the same way. I just want Apple to take my money. I still might hold off, but it's so tempting to buy now. It would be great if they came out in July.

vash420

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2010
I'm the same way. I just want Apple to take my money. I still might hold off, but it's so tempting to buy now. It would be great if they came out in July.

Resist mate, there's no point throwing that cash down if Haswell is even 3-4 months away, unless it's necessary for work/education.

The temptation is a sod though. :eek:

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Resist mate, there's no point throwing that cash down if Haswell is even 3-4 months away, unless it's necessary for work/education.

The temptation is a sod though. :eek:

Yeah, I see that some are deciding to wait and some are buying now. My Windows laptop just died the other night, and I've already been waiting the past few months. So who knows.

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
I still have a good working Asus Windows pc with Win 7 on that still give good performance so I can wait no matter what for a maxed out Haswell rMPB

InfinitiG

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
The last update to the Retina was in February. Apple isnt going to update it again in 4 months. Im thinking at least 6 months min. So August

Livewings

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
So I guess they will after-all be using the HQs this round and not the MQs. Again, arent some of the HQs already available?

Some only. But not all especially the 4750HQ which should be used for the base configuration. It could also be delayed by the Intel 4XX8U series which is the 28W counterparts with Iris 5100 which is expected on 13 rMBP

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Dammit, I went to the Apple store today and it had been a few months since I checked out the rMBP machines in person. It made me want one even more. I particularly liked the 13-inch form factor, it just seemed to appeal to me more.

Bring on Haswell before I buy the rMBP that's out now.

Vukmon

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2013
Hello everyone, this is my first post :)

I am in process of picking MBP and current line fits my requirements, so I have following options:
1. Buy current r-MBP with slightly higher specs after Haswell r-MBP gets announced
2. Buy current c-MBP with maxed specs after new r-MBP gets announced
3. Buy Haswell r-MBP

From past experience, do you think that current MPB prices will drop down after Haswell MPB announcement? If yes, than I would consider 1. & 2. option. Also, I am very impressed with new MBA, so I believe that we could get great specs on new MBP.

On topic: I think that Apple did great (marketing) job not announcing Haswell MBP this month. I can see that a lot of people due to impatience just bought current one. They really know how to empty their shelves on time!

advancedbasic

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2013
I just keep feeling that Apple wouldn't be dumb enough to start their 2013 B2S promotion without Haswell MBPs. So many PC manufacturers have Haswell stuff out and will start their own B2S marketing soon...

Then again it would be un-Apple of Apple to almost "silently" announce Haswell MBPs alongside their B2S announcement. Hmm...

sofianito

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2011
Spain
I just keep feeling that Apple wouldn't be dumb enough to start their 2013 B2S promotion without Haswell MBPs. So many PC manufacturers have Haswell stuff out and will start their own B2S marketing soon...

Then again it would be un-Apple of Apple to almost "silently" announce Haswell MBPs alongside their B2S announcement. Hmm...

Even if Apple makes wrong moves, it will still sell more than its competitors "Fingers in the nose" as we say in french :D

Those are years and years of smart marketing and mind control experience ;)

jophde

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2013
I just went ahead about bought a 15 inch rMBP wit 16gb and 512gb from the Apple Refurbished Store. It was only $2189 + tax. The same spec laptops are going for about that on eBay. I figure I will use this one until a version comes out with TB2 and 4k displays are more affordable. If they do a refresh to Haswell in July or before TB2 the performance difference should be negligible. I doubt the quad core parts will have the same battery savings as the ones in the the new airs. I am thinking that with 16gb of ram and 512gb of ssd the resale value should hold very well on my computer. Since I got it from the official Apple refurb store it has a year warranty too.

This method kept me from going insane.

Mr MM

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2011
I think they had a heads up from Intel telling them that Quad HQ's might be delayed so hence a refresh

they do those spec bumps within a generation every year, other oems with established lines, like the pavillion, the n series, zenbook, do the same, often its used as launch date of new models.

basically intel does 2 launches from the same family (haswell, ivy, sandy), one is the oficial launch, and the other is the spec bump, a few mhz that are won due to better manufacturing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.